Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:07:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: That's it, I've lost hope in the future of crypto currencies...  (Read 4069 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 07:25:28 PM

The problem that I see is that this situation will eventually drain legitimacy from Bitcoins, if you can go to Vicurex or BTC-e and exchance your shitcoins for Bitcoins puts it on the same level.

No it does not, it simply insulates all the toycoins from the fiat world.

We need a few coins that can be used as gateways to and from fiat so that the game currencies always have options for being able to get market value for your game gear, including game coins, and the coins that can be exchanged directly for fiat serve that purpose.

Given those, we can have fun with all kinds of game forex and game stockmarket and other forms of gambling / gaming without all the crap that accompanies interfacing with fiat.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ymer (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:26:50 PM

LTC was never pumped and had no marketing with shills on forums

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bro.  The fact is, this is exactly what happened.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bro. As I said I'll join the shitcoin fad and make profit.

And that's fine.  I'm just sayin' you lose the right to bitch and moan about it the second you said anything about LTC.  You helped CREATE this problem.  No one will blame you for just pumpin' and dumpin' all the scamcoins, but you don't get the right to whine about it.

Sure man, if making me part of the problem helps you sleep at night then good. The truth is that shitcoins are winning the race. I already mined 4x more BTC than I usually do in a day. It's so easy it's ridiculous.

1. Join FTC Pool and mine.
2. Transfer to BTC-e and exchange for BTC.
3. 4x as much profit as if I mined BTC.

My opinion is that the fact that this is so easy done will eventualy make all coins lose legitimacy including BTC
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:27:36 PM

Can someone who has the skills (I'm not a coder) finally make a coin creation tool kit?

I'm thinking of something where you just have enter Name, Blocktime, Coins per block, Halving each x Blocks, Sha- or Scrypt Mining press enter and there is your very own Altcoin.

Something like this would hopefully show even the last guy the ridiculousness of this.

Is this feasible? Should we collect a bounty for this?

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 07:28:43 PM

Sure man, if making me part of the problem helps you sleep at night then good. The truth is that shitcoins are winning the race. I already mined 4x more BTC than I usually do in a day. It's so easy it's ridiculous.

My opinion is that the fact that this is so easy done will eventualy make all coins lose legitimacy including BTC

It just means that mining too is an interesting game, kudos for you for finding a lucrative vein of bitcoin to mine in the alt-mountains.

It means miners who actually play the game instead of sitting back letting pre-determined scripts do all the work, scripts that do not pay attention to where lucrative new veins of bitcoin have been discovered, don't make as many bitcoins as active players like you.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:28:54 PM

Ymer, don't let these guys change your opinon. I completely agree with you and there are a lot of others that feel the same way.. Alt coins have gone to shit with all these new guys just in it for the quick cash.

The previous posters wont admit it but Litecoin was an improvement from Bitcoin. The new coins are just blatant rip offs from Litecoins improvements and success.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:30:10 PM

mine anything even if it is a dickcoin as long as some idiot is willing to threw his money on it . pump and dump

after all I have no idea what am I doing here, I saw a new coin every few months than every weeks now it is every day, and we will soon see many every day .

it is copy paste , Bitcoiners hated LTC now I am hating everything

ymer (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:30:16 PM

It just means that mining too is an interesting game, kudos for you for finding a lucrative vein of bitcoin to mine in the alt-mountains.

-MarkM-

I think anyone with half a brain can do this, shit's gonna eventually hit the fan and it sucks.

I originally joined the mining for fun and to make it a real currency because I have my own business wich gives me enough to have a comfortable live, however I've always hated the Fiat Scam.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:30:55 PM

Feathercoin was a bad joke that spiraled out of control thanks to Vircurex and BTC-E being greedy basement operations that would blow a donkey if you stapled a dollar bill to it's taint. Either of those joke-exchanges would list their moms tampons if they could make money off the trade.
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:31:42 PM

Ummm....I think you have forgotten what you even posted in the OP.  

Your first post was WHAA WHAA SCAMCOINS ARE RUINING CRYPTO!  

I agree with this point.  Then I pointed out that LTC was the original scamcoin and your promotion of it is actually the genesis of the problem with YOU COMPLAINED ABOUT IN YOUR OWN POST.  This is fact. This is indisputable.  Your inability to comprehend your own OP highlights why you would even think LTC was a good idea to begin with.

I don't disagree that you can just pump, dump coins and move to the next scam and repeat. That is true.  I don't disagree that this is bad for BTC and legitimacy.  This is also true.  I'm not arguing with this.

I'm saying, you helped start the problem.  Deal with it.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 07:32:35 PM

Can someone who has the skills (I'm not a coder) finally make a coin creation tool kit?

I'm thinking of something where you just have enter Name, Blocktime, Coins per block, Halving each x Blocks, Sha- or Scrypt Mining press enter and there is your very own Altcoin.

Something like this would hopefully show even the last guy the ridiculousness of this.

Is this feasible? Should we collect a bounty for this?

Such a kit exists, it is called a codemonkey.

Just pay a codemonkey a few tens of bitcoins to make you a coin, it is easy.

Unthinkingbit got devcoin build starting from just an initial bounty of 100 bitcoins.

-MarkM-

nailedit

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:32:46 PM

Feathercoin was a bad joke that spiraled out of control thanks to Vircurex and BTC-E being greedy basement operations that would blow a donkey if you stapled a dollar bill to it's taint.  

Lol Smiley
ymer (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:33:50 PM

Ummm....I think you have forgotten what you even posted in the OP.  

Your first post was WHAA WHAA SCAMCOINS ARE RUINING CRYPTO!  

I agree with this point.  Then I pointed out that LTC was the original scamcoin and your promotion of it is actually the genesis of the problem with YOU COMPLAINED ABOUT IN YOUR OWN POST.  This is fact. This is indisputable.  Your inability to comprehend your own OP highlights why you would even think LTC was a good idea to begin with.

I don't disagree that you can just pump, dump coins and move to the next scam and repeat. That is true.  I don't disagree that this is bad for BTC and legitimacy.  This is also true.  I'm not arguing with this.

I'm saying, you helped start the problem.  Deal with it.

Dude you don't even know how to read, you have selective reading skills.

I said I lost hope in the concept and that I WILL DO IT ONLY FOR THE MONEY NOW, comprende? which is the reason why I'm joining the train and ripping BTC out of idiots and converting it to cash before all goes to shit.
mccorvic

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:38:00 PM

I said I lost hope in the concept and that I WILL DO IT ONLY FOR THE MONEY NOW, comprende? which is the reason why I'm joining the train and ripping BTC out of idiots and converting it to cash before all goes to shit.

Uh....yea. I know. You're really, really bad at posting.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
c4n10

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:38:14 PM

LOL...

A man writes some software that he calls "bitcoin". He makes it open-source so that the world may use it, copy it, change it, create their own version, whatever their soul may desire to do with it... The world praises this man for his ingenuity and even hates on new coins/concepts that don't follow the open-source scheme.

People create new versions of the software implementing changes (or not) doing exactly as the creator intended and then everyone begins to whine and cry about people ruining their precious chosen coin.

Funny.

Crypto-currency won't go anywhere UNTIL it has been copied, modified and tested through 1,000 different versions until the "perfect" one is found that has the proper balance of network safety, confirmation times, efficiency, etc...

It may even be necessary to have multiple types of currencies for different applications.

That's why I'm surprised to see all these open-source "devs" and fan-boys who seem to be trying their hardest to hold back knowledge from those who wish to create their own coins, or build their own pools and exchanges.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 07:38:25 PM

I'll just mine for the money now, not for trying to improve and make the cryptocoin concept be a new way of making payments and get out of the Fiat Scam.

The reason is that we're getting a flood of shtcoins ruining the show. First example is Feathercoin, it brings nothing new to the table but it had a huge and very smart marketing campaign along with alliances like BTC-e to get a lot of profit in a short time, now I can see the same being done with CHN (CNC) and I guess this is going to be an ongoing trend.

The problem with this "alt coins" is that they are derailing the original purpose of BTC and now it's just a speculation game with tulips. In a few years we will have a flood of cryptos with a lot of volume, more and more altcoins with good planning and marketing (Shills on this forum) which will eventually end in serious coins like BTC and LTC on the same level as these jokecoins.

Anyway right now I'm mining FTC, will flip them for profit then ride the next train until all this fad dies off.

Thank you for ruining the game phaggots.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Isn't this just a little dramatic?  How does all of this keep Satoshi-style cryptocurrency from accomplishing the goal of giving people a chance to get out of fiat?

(P.S. We lowered the hash rate for you on some of the longer-established coins.  You're welcome! Smiley )

ymer (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:39:26 PM

LOL...

A man writes some software that he calls "bitcoin". He makes it open-source so that the world may use it, copy it, change it, create their own version, whatever their soul may desire to do with it... The world praises this man for his ingenuity and even hates on new coins/concepts that don't follow the open-source scheme.

People create new versions of the software implementing changes (or not) doing exactly as the creator intended and then everyone begins to whine and cry about people ruining their precious bitcoin.

Funny.

Crypto-currency won't go anywhere UNTIL it has been copied, modified and tested through 1,000 different versions until the "perfect" one is found that has the proper balance of network safety, confirmation times, efficiency, etc...

It may even be necessary to have multiple types of currencies for different applications.

That's why I'm surprised to see all these open-source "devs" and fan-boys who seem to be trying their hardest to hold back knowledge from those who wish to create their own coins, or build their own pools and exchanges.

Except that the only ones that have made improvements  are LTC and PPC, all others are just copies to get rich quick
mccorvic

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:43:19 PM

Except that the only ones that have made improvements  are LTC and PPC, all others are just copies to get rich quick

Excuse me while I continue to laugh at you.

ymer (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:44:26 PM

Except that the only ones that have made improvements  are LTC and PPC, all others are just copies to get rich quick

Excuse me while I continue to laugh at you.

LOL you desperate for attention? I hope someone starts quoting and supporting you so you can feel warm and fuzzy inside.
mccorvic

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:50:27 PM

Oh man, why haven't I been to the Alternate Crypto sub-forum before?! It's like Jita in EvE online.  Equal parts tears and scam but 100% spam Cheesy I love it!

Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:51:51 PM

Umm, the one thing you forgot was that LTC was the original jokecoin.

WRONG! SolidCoin was the original jokecoin. No other alt got you more lolz/coin.

I think it's really funny that people have such a hard time simply ignoring cryptocoins that they don't like.

It's super easy for me...

That's because you don't have a gun to your head making you mine alt coins, unlike ymer here...

Alt coins have gone to shit with all these new guys just in it for the quick cash.

The previous posters wont admit it but Litecoin was an improvement from Bitcoin. The new coins are just blatant rip offs from Litecoins improvements and success.

THIS IS HOW CRYPTO-CURRENCY EVOLVES. Yes, Litecoin was a genuine improvement over BitCoin in some ways.

What we need is MORE alt coins that are different from BTC in varying ways. the crappy ones will die off, the better ones will stay around.

Some day we will have one that is so much better that it surpasses Bitcoin, but for that to happen, people need to experiment and try new things.

Long live the Alt Coins!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: