Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:21:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: That's it, I've lost hope in the future of crypto currencies...  (Read 4069 times)
c4n10

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:52:56 PM

Except that the only ones that have made improvements  are LTC and PPC, all others are just copies to get rich quick

Who cares...? That's my point.

If you don't like a coin, don't use that coin, lol... It's that easy...

Sitting on a single blockchain and spitting on every other blockchain you've never been on makes no sense.

You check them out, compare the clients, compare the mining experience, compare the spending/receiving experience and decide whether you like it better than what you are already using, if not, then delete it and STFU about it.

I use and mine on a few different clients for different reasons. I like some because they have faster confirmation times, I like another because the client has chat and other GUI features I enjoy, some I mine simply to test different mining settings because they have a lower difficulty or more rapid block time.

Just about everything can contain value to someone even if it doesn't contain any value to you, you are not the deciding factor of what matters and what doesn't matter. Should the grocery store stop carrying a food just because YOU don't want to eat it...?

If you don't like a coin, don't use it. Sitting around being dramatic and bitching about it isn't going to do anything but get you trolled.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kuusj98

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:53:19 PM

I welcome all new copycoins that will pull hashing away from the Litecoin network, so that I can get more Litecoins.
HAHA Thats a good one sir!
I think that 3/4 of all the new chains will go down in a few moths, as some new ones already did.
The difficulty for LTC is rising trough the roof, but the price isn't, I just mine a few coins of every new coin, so when one is becomng worth more, I can just sell em then.
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:53:40 PM

Umm, the one thing you forgot was that LTC was the original jokecoin.

WRONG! SolidCoin was the original jokecoin. No other alt got you more lolz/coin.

I can get behind the lulz/coin as an experssion of economic performance.  How many lulz/coin is, say, CNC worth?

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
ymer (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:56:53 PM

Thread went to shit already, only trolls attacking OP instead of the arguments.

I'll keep profiting while I can, but sorry for Satoshi's efforts that have gone to the crapper already.
mccorvic

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:57:28 PM

That's ok, you apparently don't even know what you're own arguments are either.

I haven't disagreed with any of your "points" because they're accurate.  Poopcoins are the threat to BTC.  They offer nothing but a chance to act as Quantitative Easing for crypto.

The only thing I have added is that LTC is part of the problem too.  This is where you are blind.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
c4n10

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:58:53 PM

I'll keep profiting while I can, but sorry for Satoshi's efforts that have gone to the crapper already.

You're an idiot. Satoshi's dream is thriving. He didn't make bitcoin for you to get rich. He made bitcoin to pass on an idea that the world could then expand upon.

Learn the concept of "open-source".
ymer (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:01:38 PM

That's ok, you apparently don't even know what you're own arguments are either.

LOLOLOL, strong troll.

I'll try to re-explain one last time.

1. Cryptos were a solid idea to get out of Fiat.
2. Shitcoins + Strong marketing + Alliances with exchange sites appear.
3. You can make a decent ammount of BTC using said shitcoins if you are smart, and if you are In-the-Know you can hoard a lot of them.
4. This will eventually cause BTC to lose legitimacy.
5. I'll no longer mine BTC, will ride the current bandwagon, exchange for BTC and make a very nice profit.
6. Future of cryptos are fuarked, will do this while I can, current train is FTC.
ymer (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:02:41 PM

You're an idiot. Satoshi's dream is thriving. He didn't make bitcoin for you to get rich. He made bitcoin to pass on an idea that the world could then expand upon.

Learn the concept of "open-source".

And people like you are the reason that I can flip my shitcoins for your BTC, profit and ruin the show.
mccorvic

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:05:03 PM

And people like you are the reason that I can flip my shitcoins for your BTC, profit and ruin the show.

Welcome to the libertarian nightmare Cheesy

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 08:09:00 PM

3. You can make a decent ammount of BTC using said shitcoins if you are smart, and if you are In-the-Know you can hoard a lot of them.
5. I'll no longer mine BTC, will ride the current bandwagon, exchange for BTC and make a very nice profit.
6. Future of cryptos are fuarked, will do this while I can, current train is FTC.

Point 4 is the error, I think.

I have many times in the past suspected deliberate attempts to legitimise established things by proliferating "illegitimate" competitors.

For example take the concept of the protection racket, aka police.

Having tons of gangsters and bandits and muggers and pickpockets running around actually helps the racket rather than making it seem illegitimate.

Basically any new thing that starts to see an "edge" to be gained in "legitimacy" needs "illigitmate" similar things to point at to "justify" all kinds of special advantages being given to the "legitimate" ones, ultimately leading to "regulated industries" and "licensed professionals" and so on. It is an age-old racket so it behooves those who want Bitcoin to gain "legitimacy" to proliferate oodles of "illigitimate" similar things to point at so they can argue that bitcoin / bitcoin-business needs special treatment, legislation, licensing and so on and so on.

Age-old story, boring.

The more people get ripped off by imitators of bitcoin, the more bitcoin can argue "you should have used the Real Thing (TM Pepsi-Colgate-Palmolive-Corp?)"

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
ymer (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:12:08 PM

Point 4 is the error, I think.

I have many times in the past suspected deliberate attempts to legitimise established things by proliferating "illegitimate" competitors.

For example take the concept of the protection racket, aka police.

Having tons of gangsters and bandits and muggers and pickpockets running around actually helps the racket rather than making it seem illegitimate.

Basically any new thing that starts to see an "edge" to be gained in "legitimacy" needs "illigitmate" similar things to point at to "justify" all kinds of special advantages being given to the "legitimate" ones, ultimately leading to "regulated industries" and "licensed professionals" and so on. It is an age-old racket so it behooves those who want Bitcoin to gain "legitimacy" to proliferate oodles of "illigitimate" similar things to point at so they can argue that bitcoin / bitcoin-business needs special treatment, legislation, licensing and so on and so on.

Age-old story, boring.

The more people get ripped off by imitators of bitcoin, the more bitcoin can argue "you should have used the Real Thing (TM Pepsi-Colgate-Palmolive-Corp?)"

-MarkM-

Yea point 4 is the whole point of my thread, my opinion is the opposite as yours though, my personal opinion is that I think that all altcoins are making BTC unstable and ultimately will crumple.
mccorvic

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:15:28 PM

Yea point 4 is the whole point of my thread, my opinion is the opposite as yours though, my personal opinion is that I think that all altcoins are making BTC unstable and ultimately will crumple.

This you are 100% correct on.  In fact, I've already been seeing comments on the outside of people pointing out that BTC is a "scam" because anyone can just inflate the supply by making a random "buttcoin".  The thing is, at this point they're being proven right.

c4n10

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:18:31 PM

I see talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. A big, stupid, ignorant brick wall...
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:25:01 PM

This you are 100% correct on.  In fact, I've already been seeing comments on the outside of people pointing out that BTC is a "scam" because anyone can just inflate the supply by making a random "buttcoin".  The thing is, at this point they're being proven right.

That is like saying adding another stock to the stock market will dilute the ones already there and ruin the credibility of the others. For every Worldcom and Enron there are other stocks that have more trusted and have true value.  Maybe what we need is a market of sound analysts that can weed out the fly by nights from the more legitimate coins.  But for that you need to have a more mature market. 

Welcome to the days of the bucket shops!  If you ever get a chance to read Reminiscence of a Stock Market Operator please do so.  You will perfectly understand what is going on right now in the cryptocurrency market. 
mccorvic

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:26:44 PM

That is like saying adding another stock to the stock market will dilute the ones already there and ruin the credibility of the others.

In fact, it is not like saying that at all.  I've debunk this terrible, terrible analogy so many times I am nearly brought to tears at the mere thought of having to debunk it again.

maxmint

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:26:53 PM

Alt coins are healthy competition to bitcoin. Just let the market decide which coin succeeds.

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
ymer (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:27:38 PM

That is like saying adding another stock to the stock market will dilute the ones already there and ruin the credibility of the others. For every Worldcom and Enron there are other stocks that have more trusted and have true value.  Maybe what we need is a market of sound analysts that can weed out the fly by nights from the more legitimate coins.  But for that you need to have a more mature market. 

Welcome to the days of the bucket shops!  If you ever get a chance to read Reminiscence of a Stock Market Operator please do so.  You will perfectly understand what is going on right now in the cryptocurrency market. 

I haven't read the book, however I want to give my opinion about your analogy.

The stock market with real companies is a bit different from cryptos, since they are real companies making profits, other companies do not dilute the value, but decisions, news, incoming laws, future plans do... though this is only my opinion, I'm not very educated on the subject
mccorvic

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:29:40 PM

I haven't read the book, however I want to give my opinion about your analogy.

The stock market with real companies is a bit different from cryptos, since they are real companies making profits, other companies do not dilute the value, but decisions, news, incoming laws, future plans do... though this is only my opinion, I'm not very educated on the subject

Ymer, you're not so bad after all.  This is another 100% on lock explanation.

AlexMerced

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 08:37:17 PM

good marketing is just as much important to development as the technology.

Many competing products have the inferior product win because of better marketing.

The coin that will will the cypto hunger games will be the one with best mix of technology, marketing and accessability.

Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:37:30 PM

This phase of altcoin saturation I see being short lived ,I'm not endorsing this next point but I feel it's a direction we might be headed - different crypto coins will become location-centric as we live in a world of boarders a certain small number of crypto coins with very similar characteristics will be favoured based on where you live. Rather than a particular coins features .

Bitrated user: Mick.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: