Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:40:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this unimpeachable? Community ADVICE needed  (Read 647 times)
Chevas Regal (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

www.tgtcoins.com/ico

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 02:31:43 PM

Hi!

Man in Question: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=403542

I saw this thread on 28th May and placed my bid @0.03BTC to buy that script. A day passed and no one bid more than me ,even after the OP bumped that if none bid more than Chevas then he will ultimately win the auction.

Last Bump! I am looking for more bids or this script will be given to Chevas Regal for 0.03BTC
Cheers.

At last on 30th May , i won the auction as OP declare me as a winner.

I would like to bid 0.03 , 70$ is a worth price for a script like this. I would like this script to be customized more if i win this auction.

regards,
chevas
So, i didn't got any further request and according to that, Chevas Regal has won this auction @ 0.03BTC

Consequently, I even got a Pm from him stating:

Hello,

You have won the auction for Unique Gambling Site: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1934206
Price: 0.03BTC

Reply back as soon as possible.

As I had to pay 0.03 BTC to OP so i was ready . but Today( 1st June) I receive that someone offered more money to him than me , sio he is selling that script to him if i dont give him that comparable amount.

Hello,

You have won the auction for Unique Gambling Site: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1934206
Price: 0.03BTC

Reply back as soon as possible.
Have funds ready in btc , let me know how we gonna proceed.

regards,
chevas
Hello mate,

Thanks for contacting but i recently got an offer of about 0 05 BTC from a person. I am sorry that i agreed at a deal lower than that but its actually worth 0.1 BTC. If you can offer the same price as the guy, i would love to make an offer with you.

Cheers.

At the last, Is this beheviour Legal, OP is more old than me in experience over this forum, In my opinion when an auction ends = it ends. I even know that I might be wrong in rules of how the auction works here, But i believe that there are many reputed members here too who are much older than OP and know rules in better depth. So i should get the script or someone who bid after declaring me as a winner should get?

Not to mention, as soon as i received PM from OP that i won the auction, I became restless because i have to arrange BTC for him , i had enough balance but i converted all to sia coin at the time when btc was in blood bath(few days ago) , as the fun part is that PoLO stopped accepting Sia deposits so i had no way to sell a fraction of my stock, so i approached Zazrab for a high cut exchange, I gave him 100$ PP for 17% rate, so basically i sacrificed a lot more in value. Anyways ZZ has nothing to do with it, but i thought to tell the entire part of mine.

how fast you need?, I can't pay 5-10% just for fee
send me your paypal address.

I means transactions fee. if you , I can sell for 0.385BTC, but only if I send with small fee can take longer to confirm( i will put to accelerator)
0.0385BTC is fine for me, i am in no hurry you can send in some hours. I am just worried because i just won the auction and all my money is invested in sia coin and it is down by 2% today , so dont want to take loss.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1934206

regards,
chevas

I was too overwhelmed with the new script i was going to have, But shit happens.

So, basically what community says i will do.

Archive: http://archive.is/Edgd7

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀██████████
███████▀▄▄█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▀▀██████
████▀▄█████████████████████▄▀████
███ ██████████▀▀▀████████████ ███
██ ███████████   █████████████▄▀█
█ █▌████████▀▀   ▀▀▀▀████████▐█ █
▌▐█ ██████████  ▐████████████▌██▐
▌██▐████████         ████████▌▐█▐
█ █▄██████████  ▐████████████▄█ █
██ ███████████▄  ▀▀▀ █████████▀▄█
███ ████████████▄▄▄▄█████████ ███
████▄▀█████████████████████▀▄████
██████▄▄▀▀██▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█▀▀▄▄██████
██████████▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄██████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Target Coin

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄██▀                ▀██▄
▐██                ██  ██▌
██▌      ▄▄████▄▄  ▀▀  ▐██
██▌    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀██▄    ▐██
██▌   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██
██▌    ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀    ▐██
██▌      ▀▀████▀▀      ▐██
▐██                    ██▌
 ▀██▄                ▄██▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 03:33:57 PM

This is immoral, and extremely bad etiquette.

You won the auction @ 0.03 BTC. End of story. He needs to honour it, or keep the rating I am about to leave him.

Things don't work this way. Auctions are unpredictable, he should have created a sales thread instead if he wanted a guaranteed price.

Let me know if he changes his mind, and I'll remove the rating.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
Chevas Regal (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

www.tgtcoins.com/ico

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 03:36:55 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2017, 03:55:47 PM by Chevas Regal

You won the auction @ 0.03 BTC. End of story. He needs to honour it, or keep the rating I am about to leave him.

Things don't work this way. Auctions are unpredictable, he should have created a sales thread instead if he wanted a guaranteed price.

Thanks man for the feedback...I hope he understands it now and rollback his mistake. You have dedicated a lot of your forum activity in auction and collectible section so your review and trust matters a lot to me.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀██████████
███████▀▄▄█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▀▀██████
████▀▄█████████████████████▄▀████
███ ██████████▀▀▀████████████ ███
██ ███████████   █████████████▄▀█
█ █▌████████▀▀   ▀▀▀▀████████▐█ █
▌██▐████████         ████████▌▐█▐
█ █▄██████████  ▐████████████▄█ █
██ ███████████▄  ▀▀▀ █████████▀▄█
███ ████████████▄▄▄▄█████████ ███
████▄▀█████████████████████▀▄████
██████▄▄▀▀██▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█▀▀▄▄██████
██████████▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄██████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Target Coin

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄██▀                ▀██▄
▐██                ██  ██▌
██▌      ▄▄████▄▄  ▀▀  ▐██
██▌    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀██▄    ▐██
██▌    ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀    ▐██
██▌      ▀▀████▀▀      ▐██
▐██                    ██▌
 ▀██▄                ▄██▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀

Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 03:39:14 PM

Chances are he either used an alt to seem like he has a higher offer, or he pulled a "fuck with both potential buyers", by telling all potential buyers that he had a higher offer from a ghost, people using this tactic will usually fall back and offer to sell back to you "for a lower price than the ghost offered but higher than your accepted offer".

Sadly, every thing on this forum is based on trust, if only a smart contract was made for this auction, then it would have been binding if coded properly, but alas, it is just another ghost on the interwebs

Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 04:05:59 PM

Thanks man for the feedback...I hope he understands it now and rollback his mistake. Even though he seems much older than you in bitcointalk but you have dedicated a significant activity of yours in collective and auction section,so your review matters a lot.

Not a problem.

I would hope that he realises his error here and does the honourable thing - letting you have the goods/service for the price agreed (which is 0.03 BTC at the close of the auction). It matters not that (if) he received a higher offer after the fact, he needs to stick to what was agreed at the time. Then he should use this situation as a second thought going forward - if you want a fixed amount for something, then make a sales thread. Auctions are, again, unpredictable (I have been stung many times in the past) and will only fetch what the market decides is fair.

My account is certainly older than his, but that doesn't have anything to do with this Smiley

Good luck with this, and please let me know if you need the rating revised.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
DrMsEr

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 04:29:43 PM

I think it's auctioner right to cancel the bid or auction at anytime and it is justified.
But backing off one own decisions is something that I will not agree..In this case the man in question is unethical.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1819
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 04:49:04 PM

The only thing I had questioned myself was:

--snip--
End date and time: Once i get good offer.
--snip--

Because this was stated, he could have kept the auction going as long as he wanted. But because the auctioneer himself stated Chevas Regal as the winner, in my mind this implies a good enough offer to deem him the winner, and the auction has then ended. Starting it back up because of a new offer after that point is highly unethical on an auction and poor trading behavior.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 08:26:21 PM

I think it's auctioner right to cancel the bid or auction at anytime and it is justified.
Who defines this "right"? It's rather very subjective in this forum, but ultimately the community via the trust system *decides* what is "right vs. what is wrong". Sure, you can reject someone's bid for whatever reason. However, if that reason is nonsensical then you can expect consequences for your actions. Whether it will be just less participants in your actions or something more severe is yet to be seen.

But backing off one own decisions is something that I will not agree..In this case the man in question is unethical.
The person who held that auction is an outright greedy idiot. There's no discussion here to be had.

Neg. rated && agreed with zepher (et. al.).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
HaydenBruin

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Need a Website or A Web App? Let me know!

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 02:57:39 AM

Hello everyone,

First of all i never tried to scam anyone and i am on this forum from 2 years or so. In this case, my script which is worth 0.1 BTC, was getting an offer of 0.03 from Chevas and no one else was interested and i said alright, i will make you the winner.

But when i came after a day, i saw 3 messages and 1 post on auction with higher offer so as a human being, i told Chevas that mate im getting a higher offer so can you please increase the bid? But in the result im getting negative reputation when i already said told him everything clearly instead of trying to scam.

I didn't had any wrong intentions and just to maintain my dignity, i would love to go with 0.03 BTC.

Cheers.

Need a Website or A Web App? Let me know!
roterdam

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

interested to BUY CASASCIUS

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:24:03 AM

Thanks man for the feedback...I hope he understands it now and rollback his mistake. You have dedicated a lot of your forum activity in auction and collectible section so your review and trust matters a lot to me.
BLA BLA BLA....
THIS GUYCHEVAS REGAL  IT'S A SERIAL SCAMMER HE TRIED TO THIEVE  ME 10 BTC, HE DON'T KNOW THEY ARE THE 10 ETH MORE EXPENSIVE OF HIS LIFE, I'M  A BIGBAGHOLDER AND HIS ARMS BE BROKED I WILL PUT 100 ETH FOR IT MORE UPDATES INCOMING
roterdam

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

interested to BUY CASASCIUS

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:25:12 AM

I was too overwhelmed with the new script i was going to have, But shit happens.

So, basically what community says i will do.

Archive: http://archive.is/Edgd7

BLA BLA BLA....
THIS GUYCHEVAS REGAL  IT'S A SERIAL SCAMMER HE TRIED TO THIEVE  ME 10 BTC, HE DON'T KNOW THEY ARE THE 10 ETH MORE EXPENSIVE OF HIS LIFE, I'M  A BIGBAGHOLDER AND HIS ARMS BE BROKED I WILL PUT 100 ETH FOR IT MORE UPDATES INCOMING
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: