Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:11:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FLASH MOB for awareness?  (Read 1328 times)
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 11:09:05 PM

I'm in california.

What if we get 100 people, get bitcoin T-shirts and find a business or area; for a business for example we each go in a line ask if they take bitcoin.

Everyone working at that store, every customer, onlookers, will wonder what's going on. They'll WANT to know about bitcoin

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
JackMack96

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:17:29 AM

Sounds like a good idea, I hope you are able to round up enough people!
420 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:06:47 AM

Sounds like a good idea, I hope you are able to round up enough people!

time is limited for me, so much I'd like to do

bennett616

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 08:42:19 PM

Good Luck! I love the idea haha Tongue

Please get video footage of it if all goes to plan haha!

Andy B

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:20:33 PM

Hi 420,

I like this idea too, however getting 100 Bitcoiners in one place that are all willing to do this would be somewhat challenging. Perhaps the only place this could happen is at the Bitcoin conference next weekend. Are you going? I wouldn't mind trying to get together some people to go do this and raise awareness. All media outlets should be notified beforehand too so that it gets as much press exposure as possible.
420 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:27:07 AM

Hi 420,

I like this idea too, however getting 100 Bitcoiners in one place that are all willing to do this would be somewhat challenging. Perhaps the only place this could happen is at the Bitcoin conference next weekend. Are you going? I wouldn't mind trying to get together some people to go do this and raise awareness. All media outlets should be notified beforehand too so that it gets as much press exposure as possible.

exactly right, notify media beforehand. ad campaign, blah blah

i didn't get to conference

san diego may be a good place, there'd be 100 people there now just to get them to know about this

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:29:33 AM

Things like this embarrass the rest of us. What do you think will get someone interested in superman comics more, seeing someone they know reading it, or having a bunch of nerds wearing superman shirts "flash mobbing"?

If you want bitcoin to succeed, use it as a normal tool and provide something unique that can only be purchased through bitcoin (like drugs or blowjobs from you). The reason people started using Paypal was because a site they already enjoyed using required it for payments, not because a bunch of clowns dressed up in Paypal shirts (in fact, if that ever happened, people would think Paypal was crazy and never sign up).

linuxer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Official Troll of bitcointalk,Certified by John K.

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:31:31 AM

Bitcoin marathon coming soon.
silvergoldandbitcoin

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:53:25 AM

Things like this embarrass the rest of us. What do you think will get someone interested in superman comics more, seeing someone they know reading it, or having a bunch of nerds wearing superman shirts "flash mobbing"?

If you want bitcoin to succeed, use it as a normal tool and provide something unique that can only be purchased through bitcoin (like drugs or blowjobs from you). The reason people started using Paypal was because a site they already enjoyed using required it for payments, not because a bunch of clowns dressed up in Paypal shirts (in fact, if that ever happened, people would think Paypal was crazy and never sign up).

I believe the OP stated that this wold be to raise awareness. The dumber people act the more people pay attention to them. This is proved by countless youtube videos every day.

(BTW I'm not saying this idea is dumb. I think it would be a great way to raise awareness.)

BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 05:58:57 AM

If you did manage to get that many people you should go to a large Mall and have everyone hang out and go around to all the stores. That way everyone in the mall will see all the different people wearing the Bitcoin shirts and all the business would hear about it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀