Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:45:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: woah so many bulls in the /spec/ forum  (Read 1159 times)
myself (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:05:40 AM

i see allot of user that say it will go down some want to buy under 70 some at 50 ......god knows

well even if you say the price will go down and you are bearish about the price(sentiment) your action is bullish since you only can buy

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 05:08:35 AM

Yes, it is definitely different from the $2 low in 2011 where people were not sure if Bitcoin would even survive.

Now it is about the price going down so you can get your hands on some bitcoins. Not all that bearish.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
underground_

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:10:31 AM

I don't quite understand you. Are you saying that bears are just bulls in disguise? I'm a short/mid-term bear, long-term bull. I think we'll see prices between $32 and $50 in the coming weeks/months. It's not that I want it to happen, but I got burned by being a perma-bull in 2011, and I'm just trying to be realistic. As the long, slow slide continues, we probably will start to see a lot of people saying bitcoin is doomed. The selling pressure after $50 is breached will be immense.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:11:57 AM

Only bears got burned in 2011  Wink
myself (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:13:59 AM

I don't quite understand you. Are you saying that bears are just bulls in disguise?
lets say i sold all at 200
i want to buy at 40

the question is what if it never gets to 40 ?
what's my influence on the market ? i already sold i cant push the market down even more the only thing is buy
sentiment = bearish
action=only buy=bullish

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
underground_

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:18:58 AM

I don't quite understand you. Are you saying that bears are just bulls in disguise?
i want to buy at 40

what's my influence on the market ? i already sold i cant push the market down even more the only thing is buy
sentiment = bearish
action=only buy=bullish

A few whales could definitely collude to manipulate the price downwards. You could, say, buy 50-100k btc at $10, wait for sentiment to turn bearish (like now) and slowly manipulate the price down with dumps/imposing ask walls, all the way down, until your bids are finally taken.

As for me, I'm doing my part by shorting on bitfinex. Grin
massivebitman

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 05:36:55 AM

I actually agree with this..

There's a reason we have huge buy walls, and that's because people want to buy at that price.

The fact that people are selling into the buy walls is great news for the upward movement of the price.

It means you get BTC being transferred from people who think the price is high and want to get rid of it, to people think it's cheap, and are likely to hold.

I bought some at  98.75, am I crazy. Yes, I admit I got caught in the panic, but the fact people were driving the price up to me signals that these 2 digit prices we're experiencing are awesome!

underground_

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:40:21 AM

I actually agree with this..

There's a reason we have huge buy walls, and that's because people want to buy at that price.

The fact that people are selling into the buy walls is great news for the upward movement of the price.

It means you get BTC being transferred from people who think the price is high and want to get rid of it, to people think it's cheap, and are likely to hold.

I bought some at  98.75, am I crazy. Yes, I admit I got caught in the panic, but the fact people were driving the price up to me signals that these 2 digit prices we're experiencing are awesome!

There's no way of knowing whether they're likely to hold or not. I had bids in the the $80s, and I've sold most of them over the course of the day.
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:46:27 AM

i want to buy at 40

sentiment = bearish
action=only buy=bullish

That's why the down move will not be a continues smooth slide - but rather a series of bumps.  Soon there will not be people that sold at 200 and want to buy - but rather people who sold at 200, bought at 140, sold ..., bought ....  Some of them will be earning on each sell/buy rounds, but probably most will be bleeding slowly.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:50:48 AM

Only bears got burned in 2011  Wink

+1. There is certain wisdom behind a $5000 VIP tag Wink

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
massivebitman

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 06:04:37 AM

i want to buy at 40

sentiment = bearish
action=only buy=bullish

That's why the down move will not be a continues smooth slide - but rather a series of bumps.  Soon there will not be people that sold at 200 and want to buy - but rather people who sold at 200, bought at 140, sold ..., bought ....  Some of them will be earning on each sell/buy rounds, but probably most will be bleeding slowly.

Yeah I must admit I'm bleeding slowly from doing this. Mainly due to panicking and doing the wrong thing

Babylon

Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:46:51 AM

i want to buy at 40

sentiment = bearish
action=only buy=bullish

You can short.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
bitleif

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:22:40 AM

i see allot of user that say it will go down some want to buy under 70 some at 50 ......god knows

well even if you say the price will go down and you are bearish about the price(sentiment) your action is bullish since you only can buy

Makes sense, why would a true bitcoin bear even hang around in these forums?

That said, I think it's interesting to see how people get more and more optimistic as price goes up, and more and more pessimistic as price goes down, when really it should be the other way around. I'm not blaming anyone, I'm a victim of this myself. Guess it's just recency bias.
Babylon

Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:25:28 AM

I get relieved when price approaches the buy or sell points I have picked out, and nervous if I start running low on either fiat or bitcoins in my account, but at the moment I like moves in both directions.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1]
  Print