Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:47:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $10,000+ To Invest  (Read 2863 times)
viking02 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:42:12 AM

Does anyone think buying ETH and Litecoin would be a good idea with this?  ETH is around $225 or so.  Litecoin seems to be just around $30 or so.  Now if ETH and litecoin ever goes up to like bitcoin, well that would be a lot of money.  My thinking with litecoin would be well its so cheap at $30.  So say you buy 100 of them... thats $3,000.  And say it goes up to $1000, well thats $100,000.  Now if ETH does the same like bitcoin, well say you buy 50 of them.  Well if it goes up to $1000, then it would be $50,000.  My thinking is well if the price is low, you cannot lose much because the most you can lose is what you put in.  Of course if you buy a lot of them, thats very expensive.  From what ppl mention, it seems like ETH is probably the way to go?  Bitcoin already went up high. Is there even a point of buying bitcoin since there are huge swings due to the price fluctuation.

What im wondering is also this.  If you only have $50,000 total, would it be foolish to invest say $25,000 into ETH and/or litecoin?  You could get a lot of ETH and tons of litecoin with $25,000.  I think doing that with bitcoin would be way too risky since its already so high.  Im also wondering how many people out there invest like half of what they have to their name into these things?  Also what would happen if these things were ever close to hit 0?  Does that mean thats all?  For example if litecoin goes from $30 to $2.  Then its under $1.  Does it even hit $0?  The other thing is im thinking... if someone invest like $50,000+ into say litecoin and litecoin goes way up, let say you buy 1000 of these at $30 each for $30,000.  It later on who knows how long goes up to $1000.  That would be $1,000,000.  From what i read, people seem to say ETH is the next bitcoin.  So if you were to buy 200 of these now and invest say $45,000.... and if it hits $1000 each... well you would have $200,000.   

Im curious how many people here do stuff like this.  Does anyone here or know people who invest most of what they got into cryptocurrency etc?  The thing is my thoughts were imagine you bought bitcoin when it was really low.  Like when it was $10.  Imagine you bought 100 of them.  Imagine you bought 1000 of them.  That 1000 bitcoins would make you a millionaire assuming you cash it out.  I always hear people say buy low and sell high.  But if ETH and litecoin does what bitcoin does, well wouldn't it make sense to just buy a lot of them?  Or there is a good chance these things would both drop etc?  I also heard things like zcash and dolla etc but from what i read, it seems ETH is probably the 2nd best option and then litecoin?  I think anyone buying bitcoin to invest now would be taking a really big gamble because of the fluctuations.  When i look at the fluctuations of ETH and litecoin, it isn't that much since the price is much lower.  Im thinking that if someone wants to be a millionaire, you probably need at least $100,000 to invest right?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Qartada

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 10:29:34 AM

Ugh.  Please don't throw your money away investing too much in coins without actually thinking about what they are.

You're making unreasonable comparisons like Litecoin being $1000 and ETH being $1000.  ETH has a much higher supply than Litecoin and a much, much higher supply than Bitcoin.  A price of $1000 for ETH would mean that the market cap was about double what Bitcoin is now.  Sounds impossible?  It's not, but it's pretty damn unlikely.

You need to find coins that are actually underappreciated.  And to do that you have to think about the people behind it and what they actually do.  And you have to clear up the misconceptions that you build up from being too excited about this.

Don't believe the hype.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:19:41 PM

..  Now if ETH and litecoin ever goes up to like bitcoin, well that would be a lot of money. 

this way of thinking is not new. it has existed for as long as altcoins have been around and each year there are many people (including me at some point) thinking if some altcoin goes up to bitcoin levels it is a lot of profit if i get in now.
but what happens each time is that we invest and then meet their doom eventually and we lose money each time.

Now if ETH does the same like bitcoin,

ETH is nothing like bitcoin. it is not even a currency. it is a platform for smart contracts that has a token which is being traded.
and it can never grow as big as bitcoin with all the bugs that it has. each month seems to be a new scam done with ethereum!

well say you buy 50 of them.  Well if it goes up to $1000, then it would be $50,000.  My thinking is well if the price is low, you cannot lose much because the most you can lose is what you put in. 

you have two very big ifs which makes your way of thinking very dangerous:
1. if price goes up
2. price is low now

both are wrong. price is very high right now, and it actually is much higher than it should be meaning a big bubble.
and the first if has a low chance of happening although it is still possible to see more pumps.

Is there even a point of buying bitcoin since there are huge swings due to the price fluctuation.

yes because bitcoin has some real world applications and it is THE ONLY cryptocurrency that exists and everyone knows about. nobody even hears about altcoins!
and there are no big fluctuations. there was one 2 big rises this year which both of them followed by a perfectly anticipated correction and it is now back on track of rising.

you are making things way too complicated and long!
just diversify. invest in bitcoin as your primary investment and if you think ETH will go up then just invest in it. don't over think it. but do it only if you think it will go up not just some one else said so.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:37:07 PM

People fall for such investments many times, specially those with lots of money and no knowledge of coins at all. Sometimes they have the knowledge but they really get excited over the head and do mistakes of putting all the money or having big bets on the coin. Thing is you should be calm when you investing such big amount of money into coins. Why? Because these are coins which can have dump and pumps any time in the future and if on the worst side it happened to fall then you may get frustrated and depressed with this leaving behind emotional investment and pulling off your money from the market.

Better have them split if you really want go for this. Keep bitcoin as a compulsory option as it will help you in the bad timings.  Tongue

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 01:37:52 PM

To invest you $10,000 in just litecoin and Ethereum and expect the money to just go up into hundreds thousands of dollars may be too risky to me. Your have to invest your money Into at list 10 different coins to reduce the risk as 2 coins is not a guarantee that you will make profit no matter how good there are now.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:06:45 PM

oh boy that was a long wall of text! you could have summarized your question into 3 lines tops!

* yes it is profitable when an altcoin gets pumped.
* yes it can be a huge profit because it is a pump and it is big.
* but this is always like a shape of a mountain, it goes up and then drops. there is always going to be two sides.
* if you invest $100,000 and it goes up, you make a lot of money.
* if you invest $100,000 and it goes down, you will lose a lot of money too.

if you accept both of the sides of this mountain (like losing $5000 in 10 seconds) then invest. otherwise if you think there will only be rising in altcoin market then you better stay away.

There is a FOMO brewing...
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 04:16:17 PM

You are asking sound questions, but can I suggest that you'll want to do more reading before pulling the trigger on that much money? Bitcoin, ETH, and Litecoin are not the same things. They may all have a future serving different use cases. It would be foolish to not learn a lot about any alt-coin before "investing" in it. They are 99.9% scams. Not that LTC or ETH are scams, but at least in the case of ETH you are agreeing to very different terms.

I think of it this way. If ETH and LTC still exist in 10 years, then its likely crypto won. BTC would almost certainly exist and be worth a lot. But if  BTC still exists in 10 years, there is only a possibility that ETH and LTC are still being traded. If on the other hand BTC is gone in 10 years then it seems likely that all crypto is dead.

If my assumptions are correct then buying BTC is your safest bet and diversifying with other crypto-currencies is not advisable because their success is tied to BTC.

If you want to lay down grown-up money on crypto then make sure that:
  • You know exactly what you are buying.
    You are capable of losing money.
    You are meeting your tax obligations.
    You have a plan for secure storage of private keys.

The list above are all absolutely essential elements.

When you are ready to buy then you will likely want to use an exchange. Make sure that it is a licensed business in your country. Fund your account using a bank traceable route like a wire transfer. Buy some BTC. (how to get a good price is another topic) Then immediately send the coins from the exchange to a private key under your complete and exclusive control.
That last part is underlined for a reason. Until you have exclusive ownership of the private key then you don't have any bitcoin. Large amounts are best kept with keys in "cold storage" in a bank vault.

I would forget about PayPal or any such scammer non-sense. Never ever use any reversible method or deal with people outside of exchanges. Just set up a boring account. It is possible to find a private buyer for an amount that large, but it is difficult and comes with many risks. And again, consider avoiding alts. If you really get to understand BTC then you may well conclude none of them can compete.

Best of fortune in your endeavor.  If you stick to the basics I think you will see profits.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:02:21 PM

You are asking sound questions, but can I suggest that you'll want to do more reading before pulling the trigger on that much money? Bitcoin, ETH, and Litecoin are not the same things. They may all have a future serving different use cases. It would be foolish to not learn a lot about any alt-coin before "investing" in it. They are 99.9% scams. Not that LTC or ETH are scams, but at least in the case of ETH you are agreeing to very different terms.

I think of it this way. If ETH and LTC still exist in 10 years, then its likely crypto won. BTC would almost certainly exist and be worth a lot. But if  BTC still exists in 10 years, there is only a possibility that ETH and LTC are still being traded. If on the other hand BTC is gone in 10 years then it seems likely that all crypto is dead.

If my assumptions are correct then buying BTC is your safest bet and diversifying with other crypto-currencies is not advisable because their success is tied to BTC.

If you want to lay down grown-up money on crypto then make sure that:
  • You know exactly what you are buying.
    You are capable of losing money.
    You are meeting your tax obligations.
    You have a plan for secure storage of private keys.

The list above are all absolutely essential elements.

When you are ready to buy then you will likely want to use an exchange. Make sure that it is a licensed business in your country. Fund your account using a bank traceable route like a wire transfer. Buy some BTC. (how to get a good price is another topic) Then immediately send the coins from the exchange to a private key under your complete and exclusive control.
That last part is underlined for a reason. Until you have exclusive ownership of the private key then you don't have any bitcoin. Large amounts are best kept with keys in "cold storage" in a bank vault.

I would forget about PayPal or any such scammer non-sense. Never ever use any reversible method or deal with people outside of exchanges. Just set up a boring account. It is possible to find a private buyer for an amount that large, but it is difficult and comes with many risks. And again, consider avoiding alts. If you really get to understand BTC then you may well conclude none of them can compete.

Best of fortune in your endeavor.  If you stick to the basics I think you will see profits.

Thank you for this powerful advised for most of us that did not take security of our hard earned bitcoin serious.private key is the highest way for one to really keep coins from thief and scammers. Op I will advise you to share your investment into at list 20 coin, divide into ten old coins and ten new coins that are still at ICO crowsale level.
BitAvrillis

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:37:55 AM

Maybe you can look to invest in newer coins, that aren't already on the big exchanges. I can tell you here that I won't harm you to read about these altcoins:
-BAT
-TaaS
-Golem
-Waves
-Token
-Wings

I just have Taas, because I couldnt get into the BAT ICO. The BAT ICO was over in 24 seconds and like 600 Whales have all the coins. They got x5 times their money just in participating. I look for good projects to believe in.
aggarwal233

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 11:19:38 AM

Invest in good ICO... which has been backed by well known person
viking02 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:32:43 AM

what do you mean by good ico?  You mean like ethereum?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
. COMSA
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:49:32 AM

I would have said that ETH is too over-priced right now... But I was saying the same even when it was going at BTC0.018. Anyway, if you want to invest in crypto, then it will be a good idea to diversify your investment rather than putting all of your eggs in one basket. Go with the current crypto market cap. Invest 45% in BTC, 25% in ETH, 10% in XRP, and 20% in the minor alts.
viking02 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:20:06 AM

I would have said that ETH is too over-priced right now... But I was saying the same even when it was going at BTC0.018. Anyway, if you want to invest in crypto, then it will be a good idea to diversify your investment rather than putting all of your eggs in one basket. Go with the current crypto market cap. Invest 45% in BTC, 25% in ETH, 10% in XRP, and 20% in the minor alts.

Hey there.  I noticed ETH is going up a lot now and i do agree with what you are saying.  I would prefer to get ETH when its lower etc.

what do you mean you say the same even when it was 0.018 btc?  Can you explain what you mean by this sentence? 

Well i do have btc.  The other thing that i hear is good is ETH.  I heard litecoin is waste. 

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
. COMSA
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:46:42 AM

what do you mean by good ico?  You mean like ethereum?

no he means a new altcoin that is released with an ICO (Initial Coin Offering).
and NO it is a terrible advice that he can give anyone. ICOs are mostly scams and almost all of them drop hard as soon as they are released for trading. and that means a big money loss.
you can however invest in them knowing it is a high risk investment with a big chance of money loss.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Himanshu111

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:48:07 AM

If you want to invest 10000+$ then you should invest in a diversified way. Try to buy four to five good altcoins like monero, ethereum and ethereum classic and also buy minimum of one bitcoin.
Golftech

Activity: 2114
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:52:37 AM

well the question here is how long can you wait since the price of those two coins are really surging ups and downs we can't say it will not happen but for sure it will take some time like bitcoin before we didn't think that this price now is really happening almost 3k$ and still moving up maybe if you successfully wait till the huge pump happen that 10k$ would be a million or more after.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
octomob

Activity: 155
Merit: 12

Crypto Mining Hardware for Sale

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 07:54:40 AM

Better fist check this and similar articles about valuing:  Wink
 http://www.coindesk.com/framework-valuing-crypto-tokens/

PM me for ASIC / GPU mining hardware private sale offers
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 09:10:44 AM

If you want to invest 10000+$ then you should invest in a diversified way. Try to buy four to five good altcoins like monero, ethereum and ethereum classic and also buy minimum of one bitcoin.

Exactly, the bigger the capital the bigger the investment options. It is not recommended to keep all eggs in the one basket because relying on any single option has the highest risk. I am not sure about any altcoin at this moment but would advice OP to go with the most promising one and invest in diversified way as much as possible. I would say picking 10 most promising options and investing $1K each would be a best practice.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:57:59 AM

If you really want to invest in crypto, then diversify between Litecoin, Dogecoin, Ethereum and Monero, as well as bitcoin. Don't focus on one coin too much because at least personally I prefer stability and long term profits over short term bursts of crazy profits.

Assign at least 40% of your portfolio to bitcoin as well, it is the main crypto and has the biggest potential to rise in my opinion.

Make sure you choose a good exchange to trade on though. Poloniex is no longer safe to trade on as there are delays every single day that are seemingly targeting large withdrawals/deposits. Switch to Bittrex, Kraken, Coinbase etc.

For wallet, you need a good secure one as well, otherwise you'll lose all your coins. I suggest using Exodus, it supports all the coins i mentioned above.

OliynyK

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:52:09 AM

The price of ETH is not good to invest at this point and the price of litecoin is always disappointing as everyone expect the price to touch an all time high when the price started gaining momentum when the announcement of a segwit activation started and it has gone down considerably after the activation and i think the price stays in this position for a long time,it is good to look out for good ICO to invest your money than to invest in ETH or litecoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: