Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:33:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which RX470/RX480 RX570/RX580 GPU for my first 6 GPU Ethereum mining rig?  (Read 28937 times)
Morpheus26 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:48:24 AM

Now we are finally getting somewhere.
After calling more than 10 shops yesterday I got a clear answer from one of them:

The will get 30 Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB cards in July 5th - so in a month.
The sapphire nitro+ cards are supposed to be good as far as I can tell from doing research on different forums.

Each card will be 339€ which is $382 and quite a lot in my eyes.

Now I guess since I just start out the real question is:
Should I just preorder 18 cards so I can at least build my 3 6 GPU rigs beginning of July latest or would you just preorder 6 cards so I can finish my first rig beginning of July for sure and then wait and keep my eyes open until then to see if other shops might get 570s or 580s in until then for a better price? What would you PROs do in that situation?

Again the goal is 3 6 GPU rigs to start mining as soon as possible.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 06:56:52 AM

Now we are finally getting somewhere.
After calling more than 10 shops yesterday I got a clear answer from one of them:

The will get 30 Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB cards in July 5th - so in a month.
The sapphire nitro+ cards are supposed to be good as far as I can tell from doing research on different forums.

Each card will be 339€ which is $382 and quite a lot in my eyes.

Now I guess since I just start out the real question is:
Should I just preorder 18 cards so I can at least build my 3 6 GPU rigs beginning of July latest or would you just preorder 6 cards so I can finish my first rig beginning of July for sure and then wait and keep my eyes open until then to see if other shops might get 570s or 580s in until then for a better price? What would you PROs do in that situation?

Again the goal is 3 6 GPU rigs to start mining as soon as possible.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
Since UK is still in the EU you can always return them in 14 days or cancel the preorder if you will have better price.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Morpheus26 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:07:15 AM

Since UK is still in the EU you can always return them in 14 days or cancel the preorder if you will have better price.

What do you mean? Do you think I have better chances to get a card in the UK?
I highly doubt that but if you have a link to a shop that does have cards - by all means please send it to me.
Mattthev

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 07:33:13 AM

What do you mean? Do you think I have better chances to get a card in the UK?
I highly doubt that but if you have a link to a shop that does have cards - by all means please send it to me.
Sry my bad... I was looking at another profile -_-
I mean make your preorder you can return them always.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
Morpheus26 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:46:09 AM

That's true.
Maybe I just preorder a bunch and if I get some before they get delivered I cancel the pre-order or I return them.
oswaldo4

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:40:26 PM

I have a question, how much is it wort one Sapphire rx 480 nitro+ 8gb? New or used? How much money is wort to pay for this card? I have a felling that new cards will be in stock soon, what is your opinion?
Mattthev

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 03:51:37 PM

I have a question, how much is it wort one Sapphire rx 480 nitro+ 8gb? New or used? How much money is wort to pay for this card? I have a felling that new cards will be in stock soon, what is your opinion?
RX 480 won't be in stock anymore, they do not produce them. RX 580 will be in stock, but lot's of shops says that it will be in July...

oswaldo4

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:36:06 PM

RX 480 won't be in stock anymore, they do not produce them. RX 580 will be in stock, but lot's of shops says that it will be in July...

Ok, but let say that I can buy a Sapphire 480 nitro+ 8gb for 300 to 350€, is it wort the money? What about a MSI gaming for 300€? Are those cards wort the money? Because I am new to mining, I would like to be sure, that the ROI for the price of the cards is feasable..
Mattthev

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 05:51:11 PM

Ok, but let say that I can buy a Sapphire 480 nitro+ 8gb for 300 to 350€, is it wort the money? What about a MSI gaming for 300€? Are those cards wort the money? Because I am new to mining, I would like to be sure, that the ROI for the price of the cards is feasable..
Depends on country... check the card price history.

oswaldo4

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:18:46 PM

Depends on country... check the card price history.

Sapphire was surely cheaper, I would say 30 % cheaper, for MSI I can not find a reliable price history, in some shops it's available for 400€. Prices in European countries does not differ much. But the price history does not help much.. In terms of making some returns with mining, is a expence of 300€ per card (MSI) or 350 for a Sapphire card, good or not?
Mattthev

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 06:34:13 PM

Sapphire was surely cheaper, I would say 30 % cheaper, for MSI I can not find a reliable price history, in some shops it's available for 400€. Prices in European countries does not differ much. But the price history does not help much.. In terms of making some returns with mining, is a expence of 300€ per card (MSI) or 350 for a Sapphire card, good or not?
https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/eth

fcaldas

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:38:12 AM

Following this, as I am also looking into building my first rig.
Are you taking in consideration the possibility of bios mod the cards when choosing which card to buy?
I have found tutorials explaining how to bios mod a Sapphire 580 Nitro+ and getting about 30MHs on ETH, but haven't found tutorials for other manufacturers, like ASUS or MSI.
Mattthev

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 07:29:32 AM

Are you taking in consideration the possibility of bios mod the cards when choosing which card to buy?
I have found tutorials explaining how to bios mod a Sapphire 580 Nitro+ and getting about 30MHs on ETH, but haven't found tutorials for other manufacturers, like ASUS or MSI.

It depends on memory vendor not card mostly. If you have Samsung memory and good card quality you can have 33MH/s. But it can be 29, if the card or memory is bad... From my view RX 580 Nitro+ is not the best option, lot of Hynix, those are tricky, but yeah you can have 31MH/s.

I've preorder RX 570 Auorus for $200, they now listed it for $230 Cheesy I hope they will delivery my order for my price Cheesy

fcaldas

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:23:11 AM

It depends on memory vendor not card mostly. If you have Samsung memory and good card quality you can have 33MH/s. But it can be 29, if the card or memory is bad... From my view RX 580 Nitro+ is not the best option, lot of Hynix, those are tricky, but yeah you can have 31MH/s.

I've preorder RX 570 Auorus for $200, they now listed it for $230 Cheesy I hope they will delivery my order for my price Cheesy

Thanks for your answer! The RX570 are fairly cheaper here in my area when compared to 580. Do you suggest going with the 570 then? Can I hit 30mhs with them as well?

Thanks!
rawbot

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:41:47 AM

There is a lot of talk about the GPU brands etc but what about the other components.  If I wanted to run SIX RX 580s sapphire 8gb what kind of motherboard/PSU/memory/cpu would be recommended to be capable of handling all 6 cards?  What are you guys using in your rigs?
fcaldas

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:49:18 PM

There is a lot of talk about the GPU brands etc but what about the other components.  If I wanted to run SIX RX 580s sapphire 8gb what kind of motherboard/PSU/memory/cpu would be recommended to be capable of handling all 6 cards?  What are you guys using in your rigs?
Well, there are so many options out there that is difficult to say. One can't say "Buy Asus model XXX" simply because so many others works just fine.
You need to do a bit of research.
Maybe you wanna buy a mobo with the newest Intel chipset? Maybe you don't...
Obviously you need to make sure that the mobo you're going to buy has at least a mix of 5 PCI lots and 1 M2, or 6 PCI slots, or 4 PCI and 2xM2...
And, for a CPU, I'd go with the cheapest you can find, like a Celeron that fits the architecture of your mobo (generally 1151)
4GB of ram is nough.
PSU will depend on how many GPUs, but generally 850w for 6 cards should do the trick. But, again, you need to check which GPUs you're buying and how much they consume.
rawbot

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:06:36 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2017, 03:19:18 PM by rawbot

There is a lot of talk about the GPU brands etc but what about the other components.  If I wanted to run SIX RX 580s sapphire 8gb what kind of motherboard/PSU/memory/cpu would be recommended to be capable of handling all 6 cards?  What are you guys using in your rigs?
Well, there are so many options out there that is difficult to say. One can't say "Buy Asus model XXX" simply because so many others works just fine.
Obviously you need to make sure that the mobo you're going to buy has at least a mix of 5 PCI lots and 1 M2, or 6 PCI slots, or 4 PCI and 2xM2...
And, for a CPU, I'd go with the cheapest you can find, like a Celeron that fits the architecture of your mobo (generally 1151)
4GB of ram is nough.
PSU will depend on how many GPUs, but generally 850w for 6 cards should do the trick. But, again, you need to check which GPUs you're buying and how much they consume.

Well Like I said I have ordered six Sapphire RX 580s 8gb.   The reason  I asked is because miners aren't like a gaming rig.  I don't need to configure it to suit my complex gaming needs.  I need a miner that just works when it's switched on.  Surely I don't need to research dozens of motherboards?  I just need a solid suggestion for 6 cards.   I used an ASrock H81 Pro BTC R2.0  for my first miner (Six RX470s) but I am hoping there is a better board for my second rig with six RX580s

I am not sure why I would need M2 slots,  are they SSD related?  I have an SSD on my first rig but it's just connected via sata.
oswaldo4

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:48:52 AM

I have one more simple question, according to this chart https://etherscan.io/chart/difficulty is the difficulty skyrocketing..  Are those online mining profitability calculators reliable? Is mining profitable?
David047

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:01:35 PM

There is a lot of talk about the GPU brands etc but what about the other components.  If I wanted to run SIX RX 580s sapphire 8gb what kind of motherboard/PSU/memory/cpu would be recommended to be capable of handling all 6 cards?  What are you guys using in your rigs?
4GB of ram is nough.

Well Like I said I have ordered six Sapphire RX 580s 8gb.   The reason  I asked is because miners aren't like a gaming rig.  I don't need to configure it to suit my complex gaming needs.  I need a miner that just works when it's switched on.  Surely I don't need to research dozens of motherboards?  I just need a solid suggestion for 6 cards.   I used an ASrock H81 Pro BTC R2.0  for my first miner (Six RX470s) but I am hoping there is a better board for my second rig with six RX580s

I am not sure why I would need M2 slots,  are they SSD related?  I have an SSD on my first rig but it's just connected via sata.

I have purchased 2x MSI Z170A Gaming Pro mobos. They should support 7x GPU each.

I can get my hands on 10x Nitro+ Rx 570 for 2500€. Good or bad deal? I am still new to this and what I still don't get is the dependence of the Mhs to the memory. Is it that Hynix is the best, then Samsung and then Epildec (idk how this one was called),... What about Hyper Fury. I have read that this is good as well.

Sorry I am just confused can someone clear this up for me?
Ethane

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:01:36 AM

Frankly just take the cheapest, differences are not that big. Just make sure that it is not a mini version. But at same price, Sapphire is the best brand according to me. MSI is also very good, so take your favourite. No, in facts MSI is better, but always more expensive, so take Sapphire.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: