Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:18:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MYETHERWALLET HACKED!  (Read 9223 times)
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:46:26 PM

Caution is the key word,ensure you do not input your private key into any site and do not download from unsecure site

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fourpiece

Activity: 821

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:36:19 AM

Do not click any link that comes from someone or in slack groups, most of the scammers comes from that site im recieving everyday that comes from different people that i must update my etherwallet.

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:36:27 AM

MEW is a very functional wallet but also exposes you in a few places when you create the key pairs. The nice thing about MEW is you can very easily get to your tokens on the Eth chain. There are risks though if you just use it in its basic standard form and use UTC files. At one stage when you create a key pair your private parts are exposed on the screen. You can use MEW if you want, but it is much better to use a hardware wallet like Ledge Nano S that can also store Ethereum tokens.

I suspect one of the following happened:

1. You got malware on your PC that stole your MEW UTC file and uploaded it. It then keylogged your password and the attacker imported your UTC file and unlocked it with the password. This is the classic hack of a wallet.
2. You took a screenshot of your private parts during key generation or you wrote it down for record keeping and the picture got stolen.
3. The hacker watched your screen and took an image of the private key.

Number 1 is most likely. In future, if you use MEW just use it for small types of tx like bounty collection and rather use a hardware wallet for high value longer term storage. THere is nothing you can do to get your coins back if you were indeed hacked.

Thanks for this but now I guess it's too late for me..
It is never too late, if you are not able to know how you got hacked then it may happen again, that is why when it comes to our coins the most important thing is to secure our coins even if that makes access to them harder that is better than to lose them, my recommendation is that you stop using an unsafe OS and that you bookmark the site of myetherwallet by doing that you can avoid most hack attacks.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 05:56:41 AM

Events like you experience like me
And I learned some errors they turn out to make the same Phishing website as Myetherwallet
To be more secure use Myetherwallet extension from google chrome as the best security
just to make sure this is the valid one right:
https://www.myetherwallet.com/

too many phishing in circulation so that the victim fell ...
always check your address before entering private key ...
I recommend to use. json file to login, with password combination
vlast01

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:42:19 AM

OMG I just logged into myetherwallet and everything except etb tokens everything else has gone.
How can this be?
I lost 500 TAS, 0.37 ETH

192 CREDITBIT all my hard work gone..where have all my tokens gone?
I am devastated, what to do now?
Has anyone else been hacked how is this possible?

This is the address they have gone to, can anyone locate the hacker? I lost all my eth tokens now

everything..  Cry Cry

https://etherscan.io/address/0x92938478236dad7877b43379b64051801e85fb4a#tokentxns

Someone on bitcointalk is harvesting all the emails and hacking people..

I lost 2 months work and thousands of dollars of tokens

I am gutted..

There are lot of MyEtherwallet wallet wannabes...
There are lots of pushing sites running around
Maybe you've log in on one of this pishing site and log in your private keys on it...
These pishers/scammers are good there are lots of users that are been victims and till now no one ever get they're money back..
Just make this bad event a lesson for you and a warning to everyone..

●●●●●●●●[DHOLPINS Finance - TRUSTED . PLATFORM - DHOLPHINS Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸LitePaper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ |
dadandandadan

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:15:21 PM

OMG I just logged into myetherwallet and everything except etb tokens everything else has gone.
How can this be?
I lost 500 TAS, 0.37 ETH

192 CREDITBIT all my hard work gone..where have all my tokens gone?
I am devastated, what to do now?
Has anyone else been hacked how is this possible?

This is the address they have gone to, can anyone locate the hacker? I lost all my eth tokens now

everything..  Cry Cry

https://etherscan.io/address/0x92938478236dad7877b43379b64051801e85fb4a#tokentxns

Someone on bitcointalk is harvesting all the emails and hacking people..

I lost 2 months work and thousands of dollars of tokens

I am gutted..

EtherDelta would do nothing about it because its already set on their rules that they don't  hold your private private key for you and you and only you are responsible on your own security.
I may say on how will you determine the owner of it, you can track him down track every transaction heshe made and figure it out on how will you get on touch on himher. But if i were you i will not waste my time looking for that scammer and try to get my token back, why It is because if i were to track that hacker and get touch on him or her, i don't have any idea what to do next would i beg for my token or use foul words to make me satisfied if i do these things is there any changes any improvement or any earningsI may say its totally waste of my time...  So better move on and make your mistake a lesson and a warning for everyone to avoid this kin of situation.

Rggadi

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:12:31 AM

You computer is probably full of malware and trojans.

you should format your pc , install updated antivirus and updated os
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:22:30 AM

I hope this incident won't ever happen again. I'm glad that MEW staff really put an effort to make a pop-up warning whenever the user will open his account so if ever someone still got hacked again then that must be a very stupid and dump person.
tr3yson

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:31:44 AM

I hope this incident won't ever happen again. I'm glad that MEW staff really put an effort to make a pop-up warning whenever the user will open his account so if ever someone still got hacked again then that must be a very stupid and dump person.

So sad it just happened to me yesterday  Cry. My Datum was stolen I don't know any reasons why, my desktop is completely secured from any viruses. I'm using JSON File stored on my external hard drive and it has no any copy on my desktop.
wingover

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:01:11 PM

IS MYETHERWALLET.COM SAFE Huh
Hello,
I participated in an ICO before Christmas and created a wallet at Myetherwallet for the coin. On 28.12 I go into my wallet and have to watch how all coins from my wallet are sent to an address. So all gone. Then I followed the address via etherscan. I noticed that on the 29th and 30th 12 a huge amount of many different coins from many different addresses, all to the same address where my coins disappeared, were sent. Only on the 2 days worth several hundred thousand US $. In the following days until today not so many transactions are made at this address, but over and over again. I would not notice or would not interest me if not exactly to this address my stolen tokens would have gone. Obviously someone on myetherwallet.com is up to mischief. I sent the recipient's address and multiple sender addresses to support, but nothing happens.
Oh yes, my key was kept safe, not on the PC.
However, I still expected from a customer to whom I sold something, a small amount of ETH Zurich and when I opened the wallet to see if I had already arrived,
I was called out of the office and left the wallet open. When I came back after about 10 minutes and looked at the screen, only a small amount of the tokens were there, but they disappeared after a few minutes. I think that I left the wallet open was the big mistake. I just do not understand why the support does nothing, there are still Coins sent from different addresses to this address.
My PC is constantly checked by a security company, except that runs the full program of Kaspersky around the clock. I think they have hackers waiting for someone to enter his key and open his wallet.
mjnick01

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:15:51 PM

is it true that the etherwallet is hacked?
because I'm happy with my wallet even though it's a little bit different
but there is no need to try to make my life bigger and above all I have too much need for life would I not be able to get rid of robber hackers
how to prevent hackers
could i have alarm on cellphone or any alarm or any kind of alarm to find out if someone opens my acount on ethereum
this is a good post for me and I'm aware of the hackers
AgentDPR

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:16:42 PM

Guys today I lost all my stuff on etherwallet.

https://ethplorer.io/address/0x892e01bdcbdb1ee6cd4c473028ea49401c8c092e

mc1984

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:40:17 AM

got robbed too from this address
0xa244334349151c130735687971e721155d563ca6
eriklee

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 12:46:46 PM

Metamask is always valuable, why did you not add it?
Arrrvin

Activity: 1148
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:06:54 PM

One more additional tip. Check your balance through ethplorer or etherscan instead of through myetherwallet. Only log into your wallet when you want to transfer tokens. The sad stories I read remind me that I really should buy a hardware wallet now.
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:31:07 AM

Some times it is very good to check twice about before clicking those links because they will steal your address and your coins. Even I faced the same situation so it is always good for any one check twice before clicking any link.
CryptoIntegrity

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:32:47 AM

Very sorry for your loss.  But from what I know a paper wallet or ledger is the best in this situation 
Flickkk

Activity: 434

Bounty Detective

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:27:50 PM

i guess you need to store your privatekey safely.
or you got blinded by the Phishing links .

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
bitae

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:16:21 PM

is it true that the etherwallet is hacked?
because I'm happy with my wallet even though it's a little bit different
but there is no need to try to make my life bigger and above all I have too much need for life would I not be able to get rid of robber hackers
how to prevent hackers
could i have alarm on cellphone or any alarm or any kind of alarm to find out if someone opens my acount on ethereum
this is a good post for me and I'm aware of the hackers

Just don't log onto the website for now.

For safe you should  always run MyEtherWallet offline, locally.
Official guide here : https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/offline/running-myetherwallet-locally.html

Mhedz

Activity: 336

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 06:02:44 PM

I got hacked too,3months ago!I dont know how it happened but nothing to dealt with it only move on and start new again.Maybe you got phished or if your trading at Ed,maybe one reason.Lot of people now who is trading with ed getting lost their eth and special tokens.Hackers are inside the market.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: