Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:55:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tax evaders and protesters give Bitcoin a bad name  (Read 1709 times)
dbcch0 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:40:23 PM

As I read through posts here, I see numerous people railing against taxes. However people feel about taxes (nobody likes them), it is the obligation of all citizens to do their best to comply with the law and pay their taxes. You MUST pay capital gains tax if you profit from Bitcoin. Period.

Apparently these tax evaders believe that because they personally have some moral objection to taxes, they can stiff the government while everyone else pays their fair share. I've seen posts here calling those who do properly pay there taxes 'sheep', etc... Well, complying with the law doesn't make one a sheep, it makes them a responsible citizen. If you want to change the law, then you are welcome to fight for those changes in a democracy.

While anyone with any reason knows this, here are the facts:

• Taxes have existed throughout the history of all civilizations. That's just how society works.
  • Everyone has to pay taxes, whether you like it or not.
  • Capital gains (profits on Bitcoin) must be reported and tax paid, by law.
  • Tax protesters and evaders who associate Bitcoin with a method of tax evasion may very well be its downfall.
  • If you cheat on your taxes, but I and everyone else pays, it kind of pisses me off - and the same is true for the majority of people who honestly comply. Nobody likes a tax evader.

So, tax protesters, you may continue to whine and scream all you want, but, guess what? Everyone thinks you're insane, and you'll most likely get what's coming to you, sooner or later (may be years).

I strongly suggest that these people be put in their place. Tax evasion and Bitcoin should not be interlinked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitbonbon

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:25:35 PM

State is not that necessary in the modern world. It was usefull, but no more. I will not pay my taxes for shit...
FeatherLite

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:39:43 PM

Lol!

First of all.... I am a Constitutional Attorney and I can tell you this" TAXES ARE ILLEGAL!"
I.R.S. is a collection agency for the FEDERAL reserve which needs to get TF out of my country!

Places like SILK ROAD give bit a bad name, get your facts straight Wink

Anyone who does pay TAXES? is indeed a "Sheep"!

It pisses you off? Lol! Get over it!.... Learn the law.

and BTW.... I do not sail on any CITIZEN "SHIP" if you do? That's your own fault.
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:40:23 PM

Tax evaders and protesters give Bitcoin a bad name

The common audience of BitCoin instantly think of "oh, that is that money for that drug site". Thank you media!  Angry
dbcch0 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:52:01 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 05:05:38 PM by dbcch0

Quote from: Featherlite
First of all.... I am a Constitutional Attorney and I can tell you this" TAXES ARE ILLEGAL!"
I.R.S. is a collection agency for the FEDERAL reserve which needs to get TF out of my country!

You must be one bad attorney! The courts have ruled, over and over again, on the constitutionality of taxation. Do any basic research, but I suppose you don't believe in research, preferring to just make up your own facts in the delusional reality in which you live.

If you think you can get away with evading taxes indefinitely, maybe you should take a look at what happened to the gazillion tax protesters who came before you. They are all deeply in debt, in prison, or otherwise 'spanked' in the hardest way imaginable. I don't think it's until people go to prison that they realize the government, representing the will of the people, has true power. Your flimsy arguments won't hold any water in court... they never have.

I suppose my largest objection is people thinking they are somehow 'better', 'different', or 'exempt'.

THANK YOU for making my point!
dbcch0 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:53:38 PM

State is not that necessary in the modern world. It was usefull, but no more. I will not pay my taxes for shit...

Are you that confused? State is the collective. Without government, we'd have smog in the air, dirty water, pay-to-use parks, child labor, slavery, unsafe food.. Oh, and private armies constantly at war with each other.

Not to mention the fact that laws would be up to vigilante justice. In other words, I could come shoot you if your music was loud, rape your wife, etc... But, I suppose the rule of law and due process aren't important, just let everyone start killing each other like in the dark ages.

Good idea!
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:58:41 PM

I like your point OP, sadly this community is full of a lot of crazies right now and this type of thread just attracts them.
dbcch0 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:02:38 PM

I like your point OP, sadly this community is full of a lot of crazies right now and this type of thread just attracts them.

Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity. There are indeed some real nuts in the Bitcoin community, and it drives me insane. I just wanted at least ONE response here that had some basis in reality, and you've given me that. Now I know not EVERYONE here is delusional.
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 05:07:33 PM

Lol!

Places like SILK ROAD give bit a bad name, get your facts straight Wink

Anyone who does pay TAXES? is indeed a "Sheep"!

It pisses you off? Lol! Get over it!.... Learn the law.

and BTW.... I do not sail on any CITIZEN "SHIP" if you do? That's your own fault.

You are a terrible attorney then I'm guessing because let me tell you, taxes are not illegal at all.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 05:08:30 PM

Not to mention the fact that laws would be up to vigilante justice. In other words, I could come shoot you if your music was loud, rape your wife, etc... But, I suppose the rule of law and due process aren't important, just let everyone start killing each other like in the dark ages.

Actually that's precisely the sort of things that governments/government agents are good at. They, similarly to local mafie, claim a monopoly on that "right".

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:09:13 PM

here are the facts:

These are opinions. Not well formed ones, either.
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:10:40 PM

As I read through posts here, I see numerous people railing against slavery. However people feel about being slaves (nobody likes that), it is the obligation of all slaves to do their best to comply and serve their master. You MUST do as your master tell you. Period.

Apparently these escaping slaves believe that because they personally have some moral objection to working their ass off for nothing, they can stiff their master while everyone else does their fair share of work. I've seen posts here calling those who do properly live as slaves 'sheep', etc... Well, complying with your master doesn't make one a sheep, it makes them a responsible citizen. If you want to change that, then you are welcome to fight for those changes by working within the system, such as asking your master for more freedoms.

• Slaves have existed throughout the history of all civilizations. That's just how society works.
  • Everything you earn must be properly transfered to your slave owner, by their law.
  • If you don't do as you're told, but I and everyone else do, it kind of pisses me off - and the same is true for the majority of people who honestly comply. Nobody likes a free slave.

So, anti-slaves, you may continue to whine and scream all you want, but, guess what? Everyone thinks you're insane, and you'll most likely get what's coming to you, sooner or later (may be years).

I strongly suggest that these people be put in their place.

BitshireHashaway

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 05:11:07 PM

I think that the reason many of us have to pay high rates of taxes is that other people attempt to evade taxes and in order for the government to get its necessary taxes it has to take more money from the people paying it.

With that being said, I don't put particular effort into paying any taxes on gains like this for one reason and one reason only. I personally would be fine would paying taxes under two conditions.

1) Everyone has to pay some taxes. I've heard over and over again the large amount of people in the USA who don't pay taxes, and I don't believe it should fall on the higher    income people to pay taxes for many services that they won't end up using anyway [such as public schools, since many children of higher income families do go to private schools]

2) Our government learns how to spend money. The government of the USA is absolutely horrible and spending money and that is the main reason why they are in so much debt. They need to learn how to budget and how to spend money properly without going so far into debt every year, its eventually going to destroy the USA. I don't want to give up so much of my money to people who don't know how to spend it.
BitshireHashaway

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 05:13:58 PM

As I read through posts here, I see numerous people railing against slavery. However people feel about being slaves (nobody likes that), it is the obligation of all slaves to do their best to comply and serve their master. You MUST do as your master tell you. Period.

Apparently these escaping slaves believe that because they personally have some moral objection to working their ass off for nothing, they can stiff their master while everyone else does their fair share of work. I've seen posts here calling those who do properly live as slaves 'sheep', etc... Well, complying with your master doesn't make one a sheep, it makes them a responsible citizen. If you want to change that, then you are welcome to fight for those changes by working within the system, such as asking your master for more freedoms.

• Slaves have existed throughout the history of all civilizations. That's just how society works.
  • Everything you earn must be properly transfered to your slave owner, by their law.
  • If you don't do as you're told, but I and everyone else do, it kind of pisses me off - and the same is true for the majority of people who honestly comply. Nobody likes a free slave.

So, anti-slaves, you may continue to whine and scream all you want, but, guess what? Everyone thinks you're insane, and you'll most likely get what's coming to you, sooner or later (may be years).

I strongly suggest that these people be put in their place.

I'm sorry, I don't really understand your reply. Are you saying taxes are like slavery and as such people shouldn't pay taxes and should try and rebel against it even if others think they should?

If so your quite delusional if you think your government will be able to provide you everything without you paying a money. For example if you live in the US, if the US had no army whatsoever, and no justice system there would be many problems that would make our society much less safer than it currently is.
Severian

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:15:55 PM

If you want to change that, then you are welcome to fight for those changes by working within the system, such as asking your master for more freedoms.

Chocolate rations are up this week!
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 05:18:00 PM

It should also be noted that bitcoin is no more a "tax-evasion scheme" than cash or gold. At any rate, if you convert bitcoin to any substantial amount of fiat and dump it in your bank account in a jurisdiction which imposes capital-gains tax (some places, e.g. the Isle of Man, do not, AIUI), then the OP is legally speaking correct that you will have to pay tax on these profits: the tax authorities can find out about this money. If you are in a CGT jurisdiction and don't want to pay it, don't dump sizable amounts of fiat into a bank.

BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 05:19:34 PM

If so your quite delusional if you think your government will be able to provide you everything without you paying a money. For example if you live in the US, if the US had no army whatsoever, and no justice system there would be many problems that would make our society much less safer than it currently is.

Governments don't provide anything: they take from peaceful people using violent force, by definition. An organisation which does not do this is not a government, and any incoming payments it takes are not taxes.

Government is force by another name and taxation is robbery with violence by another name.

dbcch0 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:21:23 PM

I'm sorry, I don't really understand your reply. Are you saying taxes are like slavery and as such people shouldn't pay taxes and should try and rebel against it even if others think they should?

I have no idea what he's talking about either. It's clearly an inverted version of my original post, but inversion doesn't result in any sort of logic. Mostly, these people just don't want to pay taxes, and will rationalize their non-compliance using whatever flimsy arguments they can manage to compose. They must be young, privileged, and naive, as they definitely don't realize what can and will happen to those who break the law. These arguments might be fine on a message board, but won't go *anywhere* in court!

I suppose the 'attorney' who claims that taxes are illegal sums it all up. Anyone can Google the legal precedents for themselves and - from that - derive the sanity of these people.
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:22:38 PM

I'm sorry, I don't really understand your reply.
The arguments he is using could be used to argue for slave ownership.

Are you saying taxes are like slavery and as such people shouldn't pay taxes and should try and rebel against it even if others think they should?
I will encourage people to not pay any taxes. More so if they can get away with it.

If so your quite delusional if you think your government will be able to provide you everything without you paying a money.
I'm not, because I don't need the government to provide me anything.

For example if you live in the US, if the US had no army whatsoever, and no justice system there would be many problems that would make our society much less safer than it currently is.
There are ways to deal with problems without using violence you know.

If you want to change that, then you are welcome to fight for those changes by working within the system, such as asking your master for more freedoms.

Chocolate rations are up this week!
Sorry I'm not familiar with that phrase. Care to explain?

Severian

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:23:42 PM

their non-compliance

Why do pro-gov people always sound like they're describing BDSM rituals?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: