Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:06:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is normal to request for verification etc  (Read 197 times)
daath (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 07:46:30 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2017, 08:29:07 PM by daath

Moved here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1951495.0

I read a little about Cryptonit.net and signed up. It seemed interesting because they offer deposits and withdrawals through PayPal.

So I verified myself with driver's license and credit card. Then came this support request:

For using paypal, additionally provide:

- transaction history of your paypal account for the last 12 months in pdf format
- screenshot of your paypal profile page
- screenshot of your paypal connected payment methods
- provide details regarding your business activity and why do you need to buy bitcoins with paypal
- please provide a link to your facebook and/or linkedin account and provide contacts of 2 or more people who can confirm your credibility (facebook pages) and telephone numbers

You can upload additional files here in the support communication channel.

That seems like a lot of strange requests. Do they expect me to reveal everyone I've dealt with over the last year? Anonymising all records seems like a lot of work Tongue
A screenshot of my profile page also seems weird, since I would anonymise all interesting stuff like balance, and names... The connected paypal methods I kind of get, but it's going to be the same credit card as the one I verified myself with to begin with, plus the four last digits of my bank account...
Maybe it's just me, but "details regarding your business activity" is also a bit weird - it's not a business, it's a hobby. And "why you need to buy bitcoins with paypal"? Uhm, because I thought that was one of the things they offered? Smiley
I don't know about you, but the last one is also kind of weird. I could provide a couple of facebook friends and their phone numbers if they agreed, but I don't think it's any of their business what I do.

What do you guys think? From what I've read about Cryptonit.net it's legit, but these requests seem like waaay too much info they don't need. Maybe all the other people's experiences that I've read about didn't include paypal deposits?

I thank you for your thoughts on this Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 08:06:49 PM

Why don't they ask the person to meet and greet them in person as well?

Their verification terms seem insane. They want to check with 2 references as well like how offices do when employing new people. These all documents and verification proofs too can be fake and they won't get customers if they ask for way too many documents.

The site looks pretty fake and their deposit and withdrawal fee are too high to even try them out. They don't have any address too. Just a phone number which anyone can just add.

PS: Move your thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=85.0

daath (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:22:00 PM

It does seem way over the top...

Ah, crap. Can I move it myself, or do I need to delete this and create a new thread? It's been so long since I used some of these old forum platforms (discourse rocks)...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: