Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:29:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to solo mine CHN Coin?  (Read 13166 times)
pizza (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:12:02 PM

120 Confirmations.  Just mined a block and looked at it.

hey whats your difficulty at? mine is showing 526K!! or is that cgminer difficulty?

Yes, it's 526K.  That's correct.

I was running it on my laptop and it was showing 8 lol. Isn't that higher than litecoin and feathercoin?

Wait, you're geting 5500 Kh/s on a laptop?  Are you on a network with separate miners?

no my laptop gets 200kh/sec my desktops get 5500 kh/sec, on my laptop when I mine it shows 8k difficulty on desktops it shows 526K which is the real difficulty?

5500kh/sec will give you a block each 0 day(s), 1 hour(s), 44 min, 25 sec

http://cnc.strament.com/calculator.php

For litecoin, the shares are 65536 times smaller than bitcoin, therefore difficulty is reported wrong in cgminer. To get the correct one, take the number show in cgminer and divide it by 65536.

thanks for the calculator
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:12:54 PM

the only thing that confuses me is if network difficulty is 8 why does it show 526k in cgminer. On my laptop on the other hand it shows 8k the proper difficulty
Extornia

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:15:30 PM

the only thing that confuses me is if network difficulty is 8 why does it show 526k in cgminer. On my laptop on the other hand it shows 8k the proper difficulty

I have explained you already.

Shares of difficulty 1 in Litecoin are 65536 times smaller than the BTC ones. Therefore, cgminer reports it wrong. To get the right one, take 526k, and divide it by 65536

Result = 8.026123046875

On your laptop, it might be that something is wrong, or that is the share difficulty.
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:17:32 PM

Shares of difficulty 1 in Litecoin are 65536 times smaller than the BTC ones. Therefore, cgminer reports it wrong. To get the right one, take 526k, and divide it by 65536

Result = 8.026123046875

On your laptop, it might be that something is wrong, or that is the share difficulty.

on my 3rd desktop it shows difficulty 16k ?? lol dafuk is going on??
Extornia

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:18:12 PM

Result = 8.026123046875

Is it showing that on Diff: or "connected to whatever diff" ?
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:23:31 PM

Result = 8.026123046875

Is it showing that on Diff: or "connected to whatever diff" ?

connected to is showing 16k and block difficulty is showing 16k
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:24:37 PM

my 3rd desktop just gave me 8 blocks in a few minutes while the other two desktops at 526k are like at 1 block and 0 blocks
Extornia

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:25:22 PM

my 3rd desktop just gave me 8 blocks in a few minutes while the other two desktops at 526k are like at 1 block and 0 blocks

Are you sure you're definetly mining CNC?
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:27:44 PM

Are you sure you're definetly mining CNC?

yes man 100% positive
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:34:26 PM

its back to normal now, the block wasn't properly syncd lmao. I was getting 88coins every min or two I got very excited lol
Extornia

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:35:32 PM

its back to normal now, the block wasn't properly syncd lmao. I was getting 88coins every min or two I got very excited lol

I can't say how jealous I am lawl. What rig are you packing?
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:37:01 PM

I can't say how jealous I am lawl. What rig are you packing?

3 7950s, I would of been excited if the blocks confirmed but not of them did lol
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:46:12 PM

so what happens if I restart my miner in the middle of mining a block? will I lose it? or when it reconnects everything will pick up where it left off?
Extornia

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:49:36 PM

so what happens if I restart my miner in the middle of mining a block? will I lose it? or when it reconnects everything will pick up where it left off?

I'm not far too sure. Blocks are not guarranteed when solo'd, meaning there is always a very high chance of well, not getting anything. Personal advice is to go to a pool. You'll get almost same amount of coin/day.
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:52:11 PM

I'm not far too sure. Blocks are not guarranteed when solo'd, meaning there is always a very high chance of well, not getting anything. Personal advice is to go to a pool. You'll get almost same amount of coin/day.

yeah I know but all the pools seemed like they were having problems, some of them saying we are going to get ddosd tonight. Yay!! fun times lol
Extornia

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:54:52 PM

yeah I know but all the pools seemed like they were having problems, some of them saying we are going to get ddosd tonight. Yay!! fun times lol

Yep. Last night while I was working on my blockchain stats I got to calculations that difficulty would rise to 33. All of the pools got DDOS-ed, I think because of very high hash rate, so they wanted difficulty to drop. At the end, the difficulty rise up just to 8. It seems unlogical, however to DDOS them now. As you can see on my site, difficulty will increase in 4 and somewhat days.

We need DDOS protected pools...
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:58:23 PM

Yep. Last night while I was working on my blockchain stats I got to calculations that difficulty would rise to 33. All of the pools got DDOS-ed, I think because of very high hash rate, so they wanted difficulty to drop. At the end, the difficulty rise up just to 8. It seems unlogical, however to DDOS them now. As you can see on my site, difficulty will increase in 4 and somewhat days.

well if I remember reading correctly you will make the same with pools or without. It's just with pools you will make coins more consistently instead of blocks of 88 coins every 4 days for example.
Extornia

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:59:02 PM

well if I remember reading correctly you will make the same with pools or without. It's just with pools you will make coins more consistently instead of blocks of 88 coins every 4 days for example.

Precisely, and with pools it is guarranteed to earn, unlike solo. You can have 2000KH/s, and be that unlucky that you get no blocks in days.
pizza (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:00:40 PM

Precisely, and with pools it is guarranteed to earn, unlike solo. You can have 2000KH/s, and be that unlucky that you get no blocks in days.

I could care less if I get paid out in a big chunk of 88 coins, or 5 coins every hour, as long as at the end its the same. And with the current pools being ddos'd doesn't make much sense.
moreporknz

Activity: 212

Ok, Who's hungry?

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:36:58 PM

sigh been solo mining 2 days and no blocks (1800kh/s)  found like 40 stales is there some special setting I should be using?

3 - 2 - 1 @ 220, the only way to go!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: