Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:12:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain  (Read 131121 times)
Celendion

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:58:19 PM

Any bounty for this project dev?

█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
R  E  P  U  B  L  I  A
PRE-SALE :  23.08 - 23.09
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
   █
   █
Highly Efficient Technology
Secure & Transparent
Full Democracy
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
necromastery

Activity: 1414
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 11:25:51 PM

Will there be a Nimiq browser launched? Considering this coin is a browser based  Undecided

Hi
I think they
already made that!
But right now they busy with
testing the protocols as much possible. And they has a
very clear roadmap to luanch the Mainnet version of the protocol by end of 2017!
You can get a clear
picture about the protocol by just reading some of their contents available on website.
Here is the link_
https://nimiq.com

If they busy with testing the protocols, how they could be already made that  Undecided
Think logic,
mileva

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:03:24 AM

I opened the browser for 12 hours and dug 300 nimiqs.

puvanb

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:48:40 AM

A nice idea - but what's the algo? people will just make CPU and GPU miners instead of browser-mining it.

Indeed, that point need to be clarified.

Need answer to the above. This is not clear yet ya know.
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:44:18 AM

I opened the browser for 12 hours and dug 300 nimiqs.

I hope you know that, it's not real digging as of now  Wink
rngkll (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:48:33 AM

A nice idea - but what's the algo? people will just make CPU and GPU miners instead of browser-mining it.

Indeed, that point need to be clarified.

Need answer to the above. This is not clear yet ya know.

The current PoW algorithm used by our Betanet is Sha256. We will switch to an ASIC-resistant proof-of-work as soon as possible. We are currently doing some testing and research, the final PoW will be memory-latency-bound and implemented in (or compiled to) WebAssembly, which reaches near to native performance in modern browsers. We are confident we will find a proper choice for our PoW algorithm, definitely before the Mainnet launch.
rngkll (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:12:25 AM

OP has the time to reply to easy comments but have no time to explain how Nimiq is going to stop miners from writing optimised C code to mine nimiq instead of depending on a browser.

Sorry about that, we have been busy implementing some new features in our Betanet, probably missed your post.

Nimiq is designed to be Browser-based but not Browser-only. We want people to improve hashrates with custom clients. Even though is a cool feature, Browser-based mining is not the most important one in the Nimiq Network. We think the most important feature is that browsers can connect to the network and send and verify transactions without a trusted third party or installation of additional software.
khe-med

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:14:17 PM

Hi,
Now I'm mining on the betanet platform
And collected 1050 coins,
Will I keep it when  move to the Mainnet platform?
Or will all wallets be returned to zero?
onemanatatime

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Aluna.Social

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 05:23:50 PM

what do you mean "browser-based blockchain" - your blockchain is not based on a browser. are you going to develop a web browser? what's the roadmap and timeline of that?

This time it's different.
markus124

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:43:22 PM

I'm following ur twitter account. Hope to see updates in the future.
rngkll (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:45:07 PM

what do you mean "browser-based blockchain" - your blockchain is not based on a browser. are you going to develop a web browser? what's the roadmap and timeline of that?

It means that it is designed to run natively in your browser without aditional installation thus reducing technological barrier for newcomers to Crypto. Nimiq is not Browser-only you can connect to the Nimiq Network using your browser but you can also install a client using NodeJs, what we call a Backbone Nodes.
LostWords

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:41:53 PM

When is the plan to get this into an exchange? It's already a better project then hundreds of coins on Yobit. And if it's browser-mineable, it will keep getting movement there.
vingaard
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:57:18 PM

It seems interesting, waiting for the mainnet I will try a little the betanet  Grin

When will be the mainnet launched?
kamrulhasan001

Activity: 404

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:59:51 PM

Hi,
Now I'm mining on the betanet platform
And collected 1050 coins,
Will I keep it when  move to the Mainnet platform?
Or will all wallets be returned to zero?
when mainnet release all wallet will be 0

bitcointarget

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:01:11 PM

For the project, it's really fun to make mining on betanet guys. If you have time, go nimiq betanet and give it a try. I cannot wait for the mainnet to make real mining there.
BurntSnow

Activity: 462

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:05:16 PM

OP has the time to reply to easy comments but have no time to explain how Nimiq is going to stop miners from writing optimised C code to mine nimiq instead of depending on a browser.

Sorry about that, we have been busy implementing some new features in our Betanet, probably missed your post.

Nimiq is designed to be Browser-based but not Browser-only. We want people to improve hashrates with custom clients. Even though is a cool feature, Browser-based mining is not the most important one in the Nimiq Network. We think the most important feature is that browsers can connect to the network and send and verify transactions without a trusted third party or installation of additional software.

There are existing extensions for coins like Ethereum that does exactly the same, like Metamask. What would be the difference? Metamask harcoded to the blockchain, so what?

Just trying to get the vision behind the project.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

rngkll (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:19:37 AM

There are existing extensions for coins like Ethereum that does exactly the same, like Metamask. What would be the difference? Metamask harcoded to the blockchain, so what?

Just trying to get the vision behind the project.

Visit our Betanet to experience the difference!

Nimiq is the first Blockchain designed for simplicity. Its core values are ease-of-use, scalability and speed. There are a lot of differences with any dApp as Nimiq is not a dApp but a Blockchain designed from scratch with this core values in mind. Nimiq aims to tackle the main problems that inhibit mass adoption of Blockchain technologies:

• It is Browser-based to lower barriers of entry for both users and developers (no installation is required)
  • We are implementing the Mini-Blockchain scheme to accomplish dramatically low sync data of roughly MBs (unlike Bitcoin or Ethereum where you need to download around 100 GB to establish consensus with the network ).
  • We plan to use HTLC contracts in our Mainnet to enable secure off-chain transactions that will result in extremely low fees and nearly instant transaction times.

You can read all about it in our Introductory Medium Post.
rngkll (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:39:59 AM

When is the plan to get this into an exchange? It's already a better project then hundreds of coins on Yobit. And if it's browser-mineable, it will keep getting movement there.

You can check our roadmap in our Webpage or the Introducing the Browser-based Blockchain blog post. Token Sale is scheduled for this month, you can follow us on Twitter, Medium or Youtube to be updated with official announcements.
rngkll (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 05:38:06 AM

Any bounty for this project dev?

Not just yet, but we plan on doing so soon. Please subscribe to our channels above to be uptaded when we do.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:09:37 AM

This project looks very interesting. I will surely follow it to see what it is capable of.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: