Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:21:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain  (Read 131122 times)
rngkll (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:12:34 AM

Do we have a link for a blockexplorer?

Just click in the Block Number

And the Block Explorer will appear.

Then select any Block to see details.

zuzuca

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:35:34 AM

this platform is very very interesting
AceOfPentacles

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:55:51 PM

Ahhh! Thanks I should have just clicked the block
rngkll (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:50:20 PM

Thanks, the Betanet is a demonstration of the possibilities of a Browser-based Blockchain. As of now a Faucet developed by a community member is also available. This shows how our approach to Internet-native Blockchain lower barriers of entry to Developers as well. You can check our GitHub for more, also here is an html demonstrating the most simple way to build web applications on top of the Nimiq Blockchain.

BaNgTHai

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:44:10 PM

Mining in the browser right now but not going to have any coins for awhile can you send some to me?

TestNet address: 21DD3C9DC8D35209E5D0C1CD7358FE6BA52DAE58
Abyss_X

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:19:32 AM

Good morning all,

maybe it was answered already but i am not sure i really understand the use case of this project. So the infos i got from the webpage:

- new coin accessable and minable from browser
- only used for easy transactions so your mom can do it

OK and thats the goal? Why should anyone use this, do someone really think his mom go to the nimiq webpage (or any other) and buy some stuff with nimiqs which are accepted nowhere or take part at any ethereum smart contract which is all nerd stuff?  If this is the whole roadmap i can not understand the euporia about this.

- What are the long term goals?
- Which projects will use this product?
- Are there partnerships with companys?
- Is there any real use case except to send nimiq from one wallet to another?

Would be helpfull to get some answers which help to decide its worth an Investment or not.

regards

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:43:59 PM

I'm feeling very positive about this project as most of the guys here.

I also do understand the skeptic view from Abyss_X but I just think that NIMQ can make an access for everyone (even people who are not tech affine) to the mining and to the blockchain.
There must be a large number of people who want to earn a "quick buck" while opening a tab. Just look at the people who gets money for reading emails or clicking links to shitty advertisings. Those people will be probably really excited "to get into this cryptocoin-thing" and make some "virtual-money". And this is just one point I think which can make NIMIQ big.

Can't wait for the ICO  Cool
Moreleis

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:16:39 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 07:07:01 PM by Moreleis

Looks like a neat project.
However, there is barely any 3rd party coverage (reviews, articles) about your project. Is that intentional?
Is this just VERY fresh? If so, ICO already?
frottirzokni

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:24:16 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 06:39:19 PM by frottirzokni

I also do understand the skeptic view from Abyss_X but I just think that NIMQ can make an access for everyone (even people who are not tech affine) to the mining and to the blockchain.
There must be a large number of people who want to earn a "quick buck" while opening a tab. Just look at the people who gets money for reading emails or clicking links to shitty advertisings. Those people will be probably really excited "to get into this cryptocoin-thing" and make some "virtual-money". And this is just one point I think which can make NIMIQ big.

Can't wait for the ICO  Cool

The enthusiasm of the masses can only be achieved and more importantly sustained if the browser by default will mine to a let's say "factory pool", and the wallet balance is not displayed as 0.00 but 0.00000 (sorry I don't know how to describe that unit in english). Because a typical laymen newcomer (my mom) won't open two instances of Chrome, two Opera, plus FF to get better hashrate, just one. And won't tweak the GPU for sure. And quickly will lose interest if nothing is showing up in their balance in ten minutes. Even a mere 0.0001 NIM is enough. "My laptop only got louder and warmer son, nothing else happened, is that the bright future?"
So I think it need to be a factory pool by default. And for the hardcore miners there should be an option to send their shares elsewhere or mine alone.

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:42:45 PM

The enthusiasm of the masses can only be achieved and more importantly sustained if the browser by default will mine to a let's say "factory pool", and the wallet balance is not displayed as 0.00 but 0.00000 (sorry I don't know how to describe that unit in english). Because a typical laymen newcomer (my mom) won't open two instances of Chrome, two Opera, plus FF to get better hashrate, just one. And won't tweak the GPU for sure. And quickly will lose interest if nothing is showing up in their balance in ten minutes. Even a mere 0.0001 NIM is enough. "My laptop only got louder and warmer son, nothing else happened, is that the bright future?"
So I think it need to be a factory pool by default. And for the hardcore miners there should be an option to send their shares elsewhere or mine alone.

I think this is a good idea and a pretty good example with "Even a mere 0.0001 NIM is enough. "My laptop only got louder and warmer son, nothing else happened, is that the bright future?"". Maybe a nice looking and interactive chat with a "toplist who mined the most time today", a livechat and "bigger numbers" could motivate them more. Anyway, I like nimiq already!  Cheesy
anahata

Activity: 523
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:34:35 PM

I think this is a good idea and a pretty good example with "Even a mere 0.0001 NIM is enough. "My laptop only got louder and warmer son, nothing else happened, is that the bright future?"". Maybe a nice looking and interactive chat with a "toplist who mined the most time today", a livechat and "bigger numbers" could motivate them more. Anyway, I like nimiq already!  Cheesy

My laptop is burning up too. I decided if few cents are worth than burnt thighs and closed it. No one wants a buck per day for so much trouble please. And still people will pay millions to get this token.
CryptoGreenT

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:41:55 PM

This project looks really promising and it's easily accessible. Trying to mine with my laptop, i wont go anywhere but i'll try again with more H/rate power!

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
rngkll (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:07:47 AM

I think this is a good idea and a pretty good example with "Even a mere 0.0001 NIM is enough. "My laptop only got louder and warmer son, nothing else happened, is that the bright future?"". Maybe a nice looking and interactive chat with a "toplist who mined the most time today", a livechat and "bigger numbers" could motivate them more. Anyway, I like nimiq already!  Cheesy

My laptop is burning up too. I decided if few cents are worth than burnt thighs and closed it. No one wants a buck per day for so much trouble please. And still people will pay millions to get this token.

The Betanet is just a demo of what we are building: The Nimiq Blockchain. It is Open Source and you can find it in our GitHub repository. The idea behind building a Browser-based Blockchain is that it will lower barriers of entry for users, merchants and developers. The Nimiq Blockchain is not only easy to use but is also easy to develop with. You can see that is true because even as we are "fresh", there is already available the first Nimiq Faucet, which was developed by the community and not by us.

We aim for a Browser-based Blockchain Ecosystem. We are building a strong community to achieve that. All those ideas are possible, just fork our repo and start coding Wink
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:14:38 AM

Sorry for pointing this out. If release if December, why promoting sooooo much earlier?
LightningFury

Activity: 687
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:31:23 AM

how can i export private key in browser?

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████
███▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████▄████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.dune network...
           ██
         ██▀▀██
         ██▄▄██
       ██▀▀██▀▀██
       ██▄▄██▄▄█████▀▀███
       ██▀▀██▀▀█████▄▄███
       ██▄▄██▄▄█████▀▀███
  ███████████▀▀█████▄▄███
  ██▌▐██▌▐███▄▄█████▀▀███
  ██▌▐██▌▐██████████▄▄███
  ██▌▐██▌▐██████████▀▀███
  ██▌▐██▌▐██████████▄▄███
█████████████
██████████████
►  Metal
     ►  Wallets
          ►  dApps
►  Blog
     ►  Resources
          ►  Community

██████████

██████
██████████████████████████████
██████████

████████████████████
██████████
HopeCrypto

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:14:33 PM

Thanks, the Betanet is a demonstration of the possibilities of a Browser-based Blockchain. As of now a Faucet developed by a community member is also available. This shows how our approach to Internet-native Blockchain lower barriers of entry to Developers as well. You can check our GitHub for more, also here is an html demonstrating the most simple way to build web applications on top of the Nimiq Blockchain.

Questions

1) what will happen to the coins now received?
2) Why is the price of NIMIQ on ICO so high? 1 ETH = 17.8 NIMIQ? 1 block = 50 NIMIQ. So, after launching the main network, almost nobody, except the select ones, can get 1 block?
metallicelmo

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:52:06 PM

Good question, I could not find the option.
AceOfPentacles

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:54:24 PM

Sent another 200 test nimiq, the receiver got the send notification instantaneously and  the balance was confirmed in 45 seconds.

They should make the "transfer to" address box large enough to fit the recipient address with having to scroll through left and right
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:53:37 PM

Good question, I could not find the option.

See here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1952324.msg19474570#msg19474570

riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:02:07 PM

Good morning all,

maybe it was answered already but i am not sure i really understand the use case of this project. So the infos i got from the webpage:

- new coin accessable and minable from browser
- only used for easy transactions so your mom can do it

OK and thats the goal? Why should anyone use this, do someone really think his mom go to the nimiq webpage (or any other) and buy some stuff with nimiqs which are accepted nowhere or take part at any ethereum smart contract which is all nerd stuff?  If this is the whole roadmap i can not understand the euporia about this.

- What are the long term goals?
- Which projects will use this product?
- Are there partnerships with companys?
- Is there any real use case except to send nimiq from one wallet to another?

Would be helpfull to get some answers which help to decide its worth an Investment or not.

regards

What this poster said. One other poster said hes skeptic but in my eyes this is just asking the right questions. If you do not understand something how are you to invest in it? I understand the broad picture of this idea but I do understand deeply. And for one to invest , you should in theory have a good understanding of what it is your exactly investing into. I would also love some clarification on these points , please and thank you. Cheers!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: