Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:40:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crime funded by bitcoin  (Read 8341 times)
Sapphire9

Activity: 298
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:55:21 AM

Of course bitcoin didn't create crime, and didn't encourage people to be criminal. Yes, cryptocurrency cryptocurrency gives more opportunities for criminals as it is anonymous

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tumokatok

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:14:46 AM

If the crime is funded by a valuable item such as gold that has enormous value, will it also be the same fate as you said in bitcoin.

I think bitcoin can also have a positive impact if someone can use it well, not for crime. Because most people who think bitcoin has a negative impact, because he has not really known about the bitcoin and the benefits that can be taken from bitcoin itself so they use bitcoin currency as a means of committing a crime, so here is not the wrong bitcoin but the person
Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:19:08 AM

Bitcoin has a good purpose to mankind and it will be in this position if the users are also good individuals. Bitcoin may goes bad if handled by wrongdoers. So I think that these people are the ones who's bad but not bitcoin.

safarabela

Activity: 353
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:22:50 AM

Since Bitcoin was ever released, I've thought of the possibility of this. Will crimes be easily funded now due to bitcoin and it's anonymity? How do you think the authorities will combat this? Will this lead to a decline in the price of bitcoin? I've had this on my mind for a while now and I would like to hear your guys opinions.

Whether crime can only be funded with bitcoin, and whether fiat money can not fund crime. Come on thinking broadly, bitcoin is just a crypto currency like fiat money in reality.
sam_big_bog

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 10:25:34 AM

Crime is always the only thing may become. It always was and always will.. since there are many emb
Desmo

Activity: 412
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:54:44 AM

bitcoin-crime operates according to the same schemes as "traditional", with the only difference being that criminals naively believe that anonymity will save from punishment.
plasmafrog75

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:19:03 AM

Since Bitcoin was ever released, I've thought of the possibility of this. Will crimes be easily funded now due to bitcoin and it's anonymity? How do you think the authorities will combat this? Will this lead to a decline in the price of bitcoin? I've had this on my mind for a while now and I would like to hear your guys opinions.
Bitcoin has been around for a long time, and its creators are talented people, with a lot of money being created but now the only Blockchain is protecting multiple currencies, but there is still a lot of risks. Attacked by hackers, besides Bitcoin prices always fluctuate in the market but I do not know the primary cause.
santafewarrior1980

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:29:26 AM

With the war in south island side in the phillippines
I think they found alot of computer equipment in the ISIS haven they were operating out of with bitcoin transactions to fund bank accounts to purchase their ammunition for the guns they were fight the government there with.

Good speculation. However, this is way too difficult to prove. One can actually say that this is possible. However, clear and convincing evidence is needed to prove your claim.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:48:42 AM

We can't deny the fact that it is already happening worldwide. Especially, These groups or syndicates that take advantage of the decentralization and anonimity of this industry for their dirty works. The Government can't track such activities, which is favorable to these groups as they can maximize there reach.
Arsenyo

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 05:07:44 PM

The thing is not about bitcoin, it is about criminality itself. Bitcoin is just a tool, it doesn't encourage people to become criminals. It is foolish to blame bitcoin
ShadyMash
Copper Member

Activity: 298
Merit: 11

https://wesp.io

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 05:29:44 PM

I have a different thought on this.Bitcoin is one of the best thing happens to this world.It it is very valuable and people can use that technology for lot of things.so it is up to the people who use it.as a example we can use a knife to cut apples or kill a person.like that if you use it for good things you will get positive things.and the opposite of that.may be some people funded to crimes from bitcoin but you forget fiat currencies also use to fund crimes.and before bitcoin born lot of crimes happen in this world that funded by fiat

alihasangoto

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 06:39:37 PM

As bitcoin is managed on blockchain. so it is a bad idea to use it for criminal activities.
Ris88

Activity: 2110
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 06:52:35 PM

That is a news that always manipulates Bitcoin as a bad thing, for everyone who has it, and I really agree with you that before bitcoin, USD / EURO has been a crime from the past, when bitcoin was not there at the time, so if then the government or the police blame Bitcoin as a tool of crime, of course not, all the currency controlled by the holder does not mean we blame the tool, but we have to blame which of course his owner ...
kalstarzz

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:00:19 PM

in fact many ways to deal with crime using bitcoin for example the authorities in cooperation with the exchangers if the cooperation is done then it is not difficult to expose the crime with bitcoin, or regulate the use of bitcoin by law
Lalafell

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:12:26 PM

I will be not very happy if this will happen or may be it is already happening right now. No one can't blame bitcoin because it is just money. It is the people that are evil and cryptocurrency is just a tool. It is not its fault that people took advantage and use it for crimes. I think what should the government to focus more is not to harass/ban bitcoin but to watch out the other ends of transactions. If bitcoin is used to pay for illegal firearms, the government should fence their ports for any shipment that will enter their country.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:05:05 PM

I will be not very happy if this will happen or may be it is already happening right now. No one can't blame bitcoin because it is just money. It is the people that are evil and cryptocurrency is just a tool. It is not its fault that people took advantage and use it for crimes. I think what should the government to focus more is not to harass/ban bitcoin but to watch out the other ends of transactions. If bitcoin is used to pay for illegal firearms, the government should fence their ports for any shipment that will enter their country.

If those individuals were doing such henious crimes or there's a violations of the law, there's a hug problem when it comes to bitcoin as their fundings. However using it as a tool for the crime due to its untransparency behind encrypted transaction so far, I think its time to have it regulated and kyc upon withdrawal is needed to prevent those circumsrances to happen. Implementing strict regulation can ben effective ways on how to track those criminals hiding in cryptocurrency as well as bitcoin as concerned.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:29:51 PM

I think so. It'll be easier for syndicates to perform malicious acts because of bitcoins anonymity. But it doesn't change the fact that bitcoins are effective in their field. I just hope these crime lords know what's coming for them. They should pay for their crimes.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Jessica2009

Activity: 348

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:23:23 AM

Crime funded by Bitcoin is the subject that we hear all time how it can happen if so fiat currency also can be a crime funded currency . Bitcoin is a digital and electronic currency so we can set Bitcoin address in a second because there is no need of identification but Bitcoin, stores all details of  all single transactions in a blockchain and gives all  details about the purchases to each address linked to Bitcoin.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Brangos99

Activity: 186

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:24:37 AM

That's not true, bitcoin never funded crime. The irresponsible person has abused bitcoin as a crime, and made bitcoin a scapegoat for the crime. Do not blame the bitcoin for all the internet crimes.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:30:51 AM

It'll definitely be easier for criminals to do their dark deeds because of how easy it is to get bitcoins and how easy it is to use bitcoins. With its anonymity, they'll get away with most crimes including money laundering. Bitcoins have become dark due to criminals.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: