Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:24:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It seems the INTERNET says ALL bitcoin exchange platforms are the worst?  (Read 1128 times)
buxie_ (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:59:21 AM

Hey all,

I am a brand new member of this forum, if i actually skipped some formalities, please forgive me. If i have broken some rules please feel free to notify me.

It's kinda frustrating for me because I am so interested in bitcoin trading. I just want to have that chance to actually learn and make mistakes along the way in this cryptocurrency world. I have been reading a few books and made fairly enough research to actually put my foot into this coin game. It is soooo damn frustrating when i start researching on EVERY bitcoin exchange almost every single one of them have bad reviews and all of them generally have the same problem which is Depositing and gets blocked, withdrawal issues, and money just disappearing and support is like "its not my problem".

This is my first bitcoin forum and I think it is about time for me to be a part of the community and try my best to understand what is going on out there. What are the things I should know before i start trading, and is there ANY trading exist even in this bitcoin world? What should I be looking for and where should I start? Every single article or posts i read online for particular exchanges all seems to have 1-2 good reviews and the rest really bad. These are the platforms I have actually tried my best to research, by articles, or reviews :

1. COINBASE
2. KRAKEN
3. COINBOX
4. LUNO
5. ETORO
6. CEXIO
7. BTC-E
8. BTISTAMP
9. BITFINEX
10. XBIT ASIA
11. COINIGY
12. POLONIEX
13. BITX

Almost all of them have bad reviews on bittrust.org. I dont get it. What do you guys think? What am I missing? is there a story behind all these?
Creativity

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:05:50 PM

yes, I got the same problem. I just trade with users now, because exchange platforms seem to malfunction too often and the support is just not helpful there. The exchange platforms only want to earn more and more money!
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:48:40 PM

Hey all,

I am a brand new member of this forum, if i actually skipped some formalities, please forgive me. If i have broken some rules please feel free to notify me.

It's kinda frustrating for me because I am so interested in bitcoin trading. I just want to have that chance to actually learn and make mistakes along the way in this cryptocurrency world. I have been reading a few books and made fairly enough research to actually put my foot into this coin game. It is soooo damn frustrating when i start researching on EVERY bitcoin exchange almost every single one of them have bad reviews and all of them generally have the same problem which is Depositing and gets blocked, withdrawal issues, and money just disappearing and support is like "its not my problem".

This is my first bitcoin forum and I think it is about time for me to be a part of the community and try my best to understand what is going on out there. What are the things I should know before i start trading, and is there ANY trading exist even in this bitcoin world? What should I be looking for and where should I start? Every single article or posts i read online for particular exchanges all seems to have 1-2 good reviews and the rest really bad. These are the platforms I have actually tried my best to research, by articles, or reviews :

1. COINBASE
2. KRAKEN
3. COINBOX
4. LUNO
5. ETORO
6. CEXIO
7. BTC-E
8. BTISTAMP
9. BITFINEX
10. XBIT ASIA
11. COINIGY
12. POLONIEX
13. BITX

Almost all of them have bad reviews on bittrust.org. I dont get it. What do you guys think? What am I missing? is there a story behind all these?

I got experience with Bitstamp, Bitfinex and Poloniex on this list. The former one is fine, support takes sometimes its time in addressing the issue, but with that said - I never encountered any problem with transaction or any funds missing. Bitfinex has bad repution for hacking and insider trading. Poloniex was supposedly hacked too and funds of some of its users were stolen.

I am using Okcoin for the last two and half years without problems. Yes, the exchange does slow down during spikes in traffic and volume, but its not crippling.

When in doubt - and you should be, since its your money - dont put all the eggs in a single basket.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:28:05 PM

Alright, as a beginner you should try and do some test and error/experiment with exchanges such as yoshit/yobit.

If they're not good for a lot of things they are at least good for that one thing, learning platform, starting with the

Giants such as Coinbase-Bitx-Polo-Kraken is not advisable for a newbie. the best course of action is to start small

And slow, after a few months you'll get the hang of it how exchanges work and which ones are really reliable.

And when you are at yobit try to ignore the chatbox completely otherwise you'll fall for troll's traps and lose your funds.
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:57:45 PM

Lol. And where do you want to trade or buy bitcoin? Some exchange does have bad reviews. But it doesn't mean they are bad.Some on the are good exchanges. Maybe they have some glitches on their service Like Poloniex. They are the biggest exchange IMO. With a lots of voulume being trade there everyday. There are no perfect exhange mate.
Creativity

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:08:56 PM

Lol. And where do you want to trade or buy bitcoin? Some exchange does have bad reviews. But it doesn't mean they are bad.Some on the are good exchanges. Maybe they have some glitches on their service Like Poloniex. They are the biggest exchange IMO. With a lots of voulume being trade there everyday. There are no perfect exhange mate.
The problem is that these bad reviews make us doubt their reliability... If bad things happened to others, why wouldn't they happen to me? That's the question!
buxie_ (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:18:08 PM

Alright, as a beginner you should try and do some test and error/experiment with exchanges such as yoshit/yobit.

If they're not good for a lot of things they are at least good for that one thing, learning platform, starting with the

Giants such as Coinbase-Bitx-Polo-Kraken is not advisable for a newbie. the best course of action is to start small

And slow, after a few months you'll get the hang of it how exchanges work and which ones are really reliable.

And when you are at yobit try to ignore the chatbox completely otherwise you'll fall for troll's traps and lose your funds.

I think I am going to go with your advice. Yours is the most logical advice yet. I am checking out yoshit/yobit now. Thank you very much!

You are right, but thats my point. It's a bit scary as a newbie to actually step foot.

vh

Activity: 699
Merit: 666

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:21:21 PM

I've tried out Kraken recently.   They have someone active to give decent support escalation follow-ups here at the forums:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.0

They are quite overloaded on both hardware and support.
I can see dealing with that vs sifting through the possible scams in one-off exchanges here, but not day trading until that's resolved.

I'll probably make my way to the other exchanges at some point to try.

buxie_ (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:25:49 PM

Hey guys,

I really appreciate every single input. It makes me feel much better now. Before this It was such a headache to do or not to do. How am I to actually ask around coz where I am from which is Malaysia, the exchanges we have are even worse in reviews. Some says its a ponzi scheme as they do not charge trading fees instead they offer affiliation commisions of 10% of every deposits made through you. Thats when in my head an alarm just tripped.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:36:31 PM

It's  very simple. You only hear from the unhappy ones.

All exchanges are groaning under the weight of new people. When you include the fact that most new people don't no now much about bitcoin and the laws these exchanges have to follow that's the grounds for a lot of complaints.
bicork

Activity: 334
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:53:16 PM

Where is Bittrex? It seems to me that it is a fine exchange
Qartada

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 07:53:31 PM

I think I am going to go with your advice. Yours is the most logical advice yet. I am checking out yoshit/yobit now. Thank you very much!
Careful.  Some wallets go "in maintenance" for a long time, and they're running something called "investbox" which looks like a Ponzi.  YoBit have been shady as hell for years, and they're getting even worse recently.

If you want to be safe buying Bitcoin, just use LocalBitcoins and trade P2P with cash.  You could also try Bitstamp, which I regard to be pretty safe.  With all the hype going on and lack of regulation you can never be sure, but I wouldn't mind dealing with Bitstamp, Coinbase and Kraken even though their support is all terrible.

If you want to do altcoin trading I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Bittrex.  Very punctual and decent liquidity for a newbie.

agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:58:47 PM

Where do you get that information? Kindly share all of it here and let's see if the Internet really says all bitcoin exchanges platforms are worst. For a service, it's common to see negative reviews but also look up with the positive reviews. Aside from that, we have a natural instinct whether if an exchange is an obvious bullshit or not.

Why not try it for yourself and see if the service is really worst? Start with the famous one and spend time to conduct a self study if the service is not really good.
buxie_ (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:07:22 AM

Where do you get that information? Kindly share all of it here and let's see if the Internet really says all bitcoin exchanges platforms are worst. For a service, it's common to see negative reviews but also look up with the positive reviews. Aside from that, we have a natural instinct whether if an exchange is an obvious bullshit or not.

Why not try it for yourself and see if the service is really worst? Start with the famous one and spend time to conduct a self study if the service is not really good.

I got most information from google. I dont have friends who could really point me in the right direction. Most of the bad reviews are from bittrust, and some other bitcoin "talkshows" online. Like certain forums and margeret coin something something. I could share tho, but i need to post pictures. I can post pictures right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: