Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:34:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 140,000 votes on Dropbox website and counting! bitcoin adoption imminent?  (Read 43031 times)
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:47:43 PM

There must be someone trying to fill the demand.  Would be nice:

1.  Pay with Bitcoin
2.  Client-side encryption
3.  Same local-copy / server-copy file system that Dropbox uses
4.  iOS / Android apps

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:00:42 AM

Wow.

1. Bitcoin becomes the most voted-for request of all time
2. Dropbox disables voting

It's like real-world politics!
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 05:27:39 AM

1.  Pay with Bitcoin
4.  iOS / Android apps

what about mega? they're missing #3 though :<

golikcoin
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:10:57 AM

1.  Pay with Bitcoin
4.  iOS / Android apps

what about mega? they're missing #3 though :<

mega or any other shares like mega! *debrid

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
shuttleclock

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:17:46 AM

I would be more than happy is Bitcoin is more widely used. But I have no plan in paying something to Dropbox, perhaps another alternative?  Grin
virtualmaster

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:04:54 AM

I am very disappointed of Dropbox that they removed Votebox as the Bitcoin request came on the 1. place.

What about http://www.opendrive.com ?
They have very good reviews.
They give for 10 $/mo 500Gb, 2 user acc, Webdav in a customized acc.  (13$ unlimited space for 1 acc)
Dropbox gives for the same money(10$) 100 Gb, 1 user acc and NO Webdav, other features like security, share options and easy use are similar.
As I see payed features are much better by Opendrive but free acc is better by Dropbox.
Let us ask Opendrive to accept Bitcoins as payment and if they accept then move there.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:05:46 AM

I am very disappointed of Dropbox that they removed Votebox as the Bitcoin request came on the 1. place.

What about http://www.opendrive.com ?
They have very good reviews.
They give for 10 $/mo 500Gb, 2 user acc, Webdav in a customized acc.  (13$ unlimited space for 1 acc)
Dropbox gives for the same money(10$) 100 Gb, 1 user acc and NO Webdav, other features like security, share options and easy use are similar.
As I see payed features are much better by Opendrive but free acc is better by Dropbox.
Let us ask Opendrive to accept Bitcoins as payment and if they accept then move there.

Perhaps another competitor will accept bitcoin and put dropbox out of business as bitcoin usage grows.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:35:26 AM

You guys really need to check out copy.com (see my link in my sig.)

Copy is owned by barracuda networks and for whatever reason, they are building a customer base strictly by word of mouth.

The great news is your free account gets 15GB, sign up through a ref link, you get +5 GB and you get an additional +5 GB for each referral you make and there is no referral cap.

This post was originally about Dropbox accepting bitcoins.  I did send in a support ticket to Copy about accepting Bitcoins, the tech person liked the idea but, of course, had to forward it along to accounting.

That doesn't mean anything but if enough people request bitcoin payments, I think we may have a chance with copy.  I've really been happy with their services.  They seem like a DB clone in all ways, except that they offer more free space.

Give them a try and if you like them, let's see if we can get them to accept bitcoins!

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 11:52:04 AM

Wow.

1. Bitcoin becomes the most voted-for request of all time
2. Dropbox disables voting

It's like real-world politics!

agree. the result of that vote was "not correct" in their view, lets vote agian they think  Cheesy

DataShell.co.uk

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 12:59:14 PM

Further to this thread we are launching our new unlimited backup and storage service called 'DataShell Backup' to the Bitcoin community. This service can only be purchased with bitcoin.

We provide software for Windows, MacOS, Android, iPhone & iPad.

For the launch we are running a promotion where the first five users to request trial copies in the main thread will get one month's free trial of the software. We are running this offer on the agreement recipients will write a short honest review to the comity sharing their experiences of DataShell. This offer is only open to users with three coins under your username (Full Member) or higher. We love all the community equally, but we also want to make sure the trial accounts go to seasoned users who are likely to comment back to the forum!

DataShell Backup costs 0.30BTC a year. Please email info@datashell.co.uk to place an order.

And yes: it really is unlimited – you can store as much data as you want.

Please visit the main thread for more info.
herb

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:40:04 PM

Been using dropbox for awhile. Well, after this news I started looking for an alternative. My business partner found Bittorrent Sync. Been trying it out. So far = awesome!!! I'm cancelling dropbox right now. I hope they ask why so I can tell them they suck.
arsenische
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:39:06 AM

If they replaced voting with forum... Ok, let's keep the bitcoin threads on the top:
https://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=100353
https://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=106621
https://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=9508

DataShell.co.uk

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 10:46:04 AM

Further to this thread we are launching our new unlimited backup and storage service called 'DataShell Backup' to the Bitcoin community. This service can only be purchased with bitcoin.

We provide software for Windows, MacOS, Android, iPhone & iPad.

For the launch we are running a promotion where the first five users to request trial copies in the main thread will get one month's free trial of the software. We are running this offer on the agreement recipients will write a short honest review to the comity sharing their experiences of DataShell. This offer is only open to users with three coins under your username (Full Member) or higher. We love all the community equally, but we also want to make sure the trial accounts go to seasoned users who are likely to comment back to the forum!

DataShell Backup costs 0.30BTC a year. Please email info@datashell.co.uk to place an order.

And yes: it really is unlimited – you can store as much data as you want.

Please visit the main thread for more info.

We've just extended our offering so you can now purchase a one year license for 40LTC, we'll be reviewing our price point in about four weeks so this is a limited offer. Please email info@datashell.co.uk to place an order.
DataShell.co.uk

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 06:48:17 PM

We now have a shiny new website - DataShell.co.uk!
xan_The_Dragon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 07:10:32 PM

aww i cant vote.. they took down votebox

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 07:21:53 PM

"we listen to what you, the customers, want. that is unless what you want is not in line with what WE want."

oh well, they've never seen a dollar from me.. and i have 8GB free from them.
TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 05:20:14 PM

Been using dropbox for awhile. Well, after this news I started looking for an alternative. My business partner found Bittorrent Sync. Been trying it out. So far = awesome!!! I'm cancelling dropbox right now. I hope they ask why so I can tell them they suck.

Bump for bittorrent sync. I've been very happy with it as well.

It's not cloud storage but as long as you keep one of your computers running, it does exactly the same thing as dropbox only...

- its free
- its faster
- it allows more control over syncing
- it allows for the use of secure keys for sharing files 

There's also a potentially significant security benefit to Bittorrent Sync, because you're the only one with a copy of the files.  That's a big deal if you don't like the NSA requisitioning dropbox for your data.  There's a caveat though, in that its not open source yet. Such as it is, we're still encrypting sensitive data before it gets synced, but BTsync is a big step in the right direction.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  

Jump to: