Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:46:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Single Casascius Coins for sale  (Read 25744 times)
camolist

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 03:14:19 PM

Does anybody happen to know the diameter of the 0.5 coins?

https://www.casascius.com
"฿1 Casascius Coin: This is a solid brass coin.  Each 1-bitcoin coin is about 1.125inch (28.6mm) in diameter (just bigger than a US quarter but smaller than a half-dollar) and weighs a quarter ounce.  Perfect as a small gift to introduce someone to Bitcoin.  Also available in a ฿0.5 version which is slightly smaller at 1 inch (25.4mm)."

Nightowlace (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 02:12:42 AM

Casascius Coins, Get your Casascius Coins here!

So if Mike (Casascius) announces he is done, prices will inevitably skyrocket. If he starts producing again prices will probably stay the same or decrease by 0.1 or so. So who is gambling on whether or not he is done?
steelboy

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:15:27 AM

So if Mike (Casascius) announces he is done, prices will inevitably skyrocket. If he starts producing again prices will probably stay the same or decrease by 0.1 or so. So who is gambling on whether or not he is done?

I feel like holding the ones i've got for now. It just seems crazy to sell right now unless you need to
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 02:33:40 PM

I feel like holding the ones i've got for now. It just seems crazy to sell right now unless you need to

Some say these will be some of the most expensive coins in the world.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:11:51 PM

im torn personally. On one hand, they will become valuable with time.

on the other hand, with the BTC/USD rate relatively low at this time, you might get a higher multiple of facevalue (ie: 2.5BTC for a 1BTC coin) now then you will when the price of BTC is $7000

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 04:51:49 PM

on the other hand, with the BTC/USD rate relatively low at this time, you might get a higher multiple of facevalue (ie: 2.5BTC for a 1BTC coin) now then you will when the price of BTC is $7000

I agree to a point. If Casascius coins continue to be produced then the coins will see a steady premium of 1.1-1.3. If he does not continue then these become high collectors items. The older the higher the premium. Just as Liberty dollars can go for tens of thousands of dollars Casascius coins will fetch the same premiums to collectors wishing to own history. I would put the value at 1.5-2.5x the value based on year with original errors fetching 5-20x value based on age and condition.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 11:39:08 PM

Original Post updated. Current stock and Prices have been updated and reduced. All prices include shipping within the US. All coins are shipped on the day of order or the following day provided it isn't a Sunday or Holiday.

Thank you in advance for the orders.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 03:30:42 PM

I have two 2013 Silver with Gold B singles left 2.5B or best offer.
Have quite a few 2013 Brass singles and halves 1.28 for singles and .78 for halves. Willing to negotiate in multiple coin purchase.
I also have the three MS65 singles left. 1.7B or best offer.
Last but not least 1 2012 5B coin asking 7B for it.
Post here or PM me with offers.
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:40:13 PM

Have quite a few 2013 Brass singles and halves 1.28 for singles and .78 for halves. Willing to negotiate in multiple coin purchase.

Interested in coin-for-coin trades? I've got some first-funded (1Ag1) all-silver 2013 1BTC coins, with pgp docs from Mike identifying me as the original owner. Wouldn't mind trading one or two of them for the gold-plated ones to help round out my collection.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 11:44:19 PM

Interested in coin-for-coin trades? I've got some first-funded (1Ag1) all-silver 2013 1BTC coins, with pgp docs from Mike identifying me as the original owner. Wouldn't mind trading one or two of them for the gold-plated ones to help round out my collection.

Ahhhhhh just a bit late. I actually sold both of them. Sorry.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 06:43:48 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412481.new#new
htspringer

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:00:24 PM

If what you're saying is that it's better to invest in bitcoin itself than in the premiums of Casascius coins, I would agree.  If bitcoins go to $7,000,  a Casascius coin will not necessarily increase to $18,000.  I doubt that it would, but who knows?
zipmaster

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:22:28 AM

I wonder how the possibility of counterfeiting these coins is going to be cooked in their market value of time.
How does one prove that the coin for sale is an absolute original unless it somehow was graded BEFORE the august announcement of counterfeit coins in circulation??

I keep the original documentation showing the original owner but how can even that be trusted?
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:28:40 AM

I wonder how the possibility of counterfeiting these coins is going to be cooked in their market value of time.
How does one prove that the coin for sale is an absolute original unless it somehow was graded BEFORE the august announcement of counterfeit coins in circulation??

I keep the original documentation showing the original owner but how can even that be trusted?
history on bitcointalk  Smiley make the/all sales public.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 03:46:56 AM

The counterfeit ones are so easy to spot. You can check ubberbills as well.
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:10:07 AM

Do you think that someone who is able to counterfeit a convincing replica of a Casascius coin is unable to counterfeit a convincing replica of an ANACS grading slab?  Roll Eyes

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 05:10:58 AM

Do you think that someone who is able to counterfeit a convincing replica of a Casascius coin is unable to counterfeit a convincing replica of an ANACS grading slab?  Roll Eyes

Lol that would probably be easier.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 05:09:49 PM

28 singles left
23 halves left
3 MS65 singles left
2 full sealed rolls of halves left (want to sell as a roll)
2 full sealed rolls of singles left (want to sell as a roll)
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:03:14 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 06:16:08 AM by klondike_bar

Personally, I have a PGP-signed message from Mike, plus all original packing including the casascius-stamped shipping box. The coins themselves would also be quite difficult, though not impossible, to counterfeit; same with holograms.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:36:19 AM

Personally, I have a PGP-signed message from Mike, plus all original packing including the casascius-stamped shipping box. The coins themselves would also be quite difficult, though not impossible, to counterfeit; same with holograms.

On that note; I have a few of the Silver-with-Gold 2013's still in my possession; handled only with nitrile gloves and sealed in airtites. I'm open to trades- or preferably- 2.5BTC each

I ordered mine when they first went on sale in 2011, no special packaging. Just an envelope with a few coins in them, they were not even individually wrapped. I can prove I purchased them and that’s it, that, and that I started hanging around here in 2012. and I’ll make a public hoo haa when I sell them.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: