Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:15:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Hardware Incoming  (Read 1358 times)
dbc23 (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:04:58 AM

https://hothardware.com/news/nvidia-amd-and-motherboars-optimized-for-ethereum-botcoin-and-cryptocurrency-mining

I'll just leave this here, looks like Summer is heating up.
GOLDbarISmine

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:08:36 AM

is this confirm i believe this is still rumor at this point
LoneRangir

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:13:57 AM

I saw this today over at another site, too.  My first instinct is that I don't like it.  How is this different than the race to the bottom with BTC asic devices?  There will be little resale value for these new mining cards, once the next generation card comes out.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:28:19 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2020, 04:16:47 PM by TimeTeller

I would love to see that motherboard up and full
Even with a few splitters to increase even more...
It looks promising and would help resolve many problems around the mining.
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:40:06 AM

I know I don't like it. The "optimized" GPUs are anything but. Only a 90 day warranty and, without display ports,
no secondary market. I wonder how they will  prevent gaming GPUs from being used for mining.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:46:37 AM

this article is worthless... all the links in it are to keyword tags in hothardware.com and amazon.com sites...

it's like the orange guy saying "trust me, i know things"
dbc23 (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:02:47 AM

I'd agree a mistake to buy them, for sure.  If I had to guess these were probably speced and designed for HPC applications (science/big data/simulaion/etc..) number crunching, and with the recent GPU boom they looked to how they could capitalize.  I doubt very much the CARDS are going to be beneficial for any of the smaller home miners, and are really only a perk for large scale operations that just want to maximize hash to ROI without concern for resale.

The second hand market will be shite for these because only miners and researchers will have a practical use for them.  The mobo looks like a best, but I think it was Phillip who commented on that yesterday, and again it's really out of the realm of practicality for a DIYer.  Running 13 GPUs (if it's even supported at the moment) on one system is going to have power requirements that are ridiculous and only really benefits someone who is INSANELY concerned about hashing density. 

I suppose if you were running 13 1080ti cards it might have some upside, then again if you have 13 1080tis you already have too much money  Grin
grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:37:57 AM

I know I don't like it. The "optimized" GPUs are anything but. Only a 90 day warranty and, without display ports,
no secondary market. I wonder how they will  prevent gaming GPUs from being used for mining.
Eu laws force 2 year warranty so this never gonna happen
kiaas

Activity: 42
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:44:31 AM

would these display-less GPUs be any good for crossfiring with a normal GPU of their series I wonder?
They'd still have other uses that way, but still a bit more limited than a normal GPU.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:52:28 AM

ah but only if you buy it in the EU ..had this happen to me...did not apply to USA Sad

(but then I'd have that pesky VAT)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:15:51 AM

why in the fuck would i want something that's specialized? any type of specialized equipment 100% means shit resale value. look at older antminers and bitcoin miners. the reason i didn't invest money in those is resale value. i like to hedge all my bets.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:34:25 AM

It depends on the price. If its like $50 then its worth it, but if its only $50 off the regular price of a RX 570 then most likely you are better off buying the real thing.

I don't think removing the monitor outputs will save them much money.

Either way they should of done this last year. With everybody and their Grandma mining now we are all on borrowed time because this bubble might burst anyday now.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:39:10 AM

Wait till someone will actually use it and provide an honest opinion through their personal experience, new hardware are going to be replaced by newer ones after just a month so don't rush. You might just find out the current you are using is a lot better than that one.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 07:45:27 AM

We already have topic about this mobo: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1939165.0
It wasn't working good, someone says it crashed with 8 GPUs I think.
It could have 14 GPUs, but H110 spec says no M.2, so I'm not sure... also there is only few pcie lanes, we were talking about how that could work, nobody was sure.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:31:26 AM

It depends on the price. If its like $50 then its worth it, but if its only $50 off the regular price of a RX 570 then most likely you are better off buying the real thing.

I don't think removing the monitor outputs will save them much money.

Either way they should of done this last year. With everybody and their Grandma mining now we are all on borrowed time because this bubble might burst anyday now.

i think they will cost more and hash much more than gpu, because they are oiptimized for mining, pretty much like asic, which is very bad, i don't like this, expensive HW that are specialized will make the mining centralized

jednostka

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:31:27 AM

I think that for some things we are now approaching the end, my suggestion is to deposit money in long coaches instead of mining.

Otherwise these graphics card companies can get us down.
talikila

Activity: 255

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:38:59 AM

Yes, it's very interesting for me. i will take some motherboards to set some rigs for my farm.
When is this motherboard available for purchase? How much is it?
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 11:22:40 AM

Yes, it's very interesting for me. i will take some motherboards to set some rigs for my farm.
When is this motherboard available for purchase? How much is it?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1939165.0

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
coinzoid

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:26:04 PM

If there is no restriction for using normal mobos - gpus for mining, then it is pointless to produce and sell mining-only components. People are crazy over BTC mobos, but in my test other mobos works fine (except small issues) and resale value was higher. Now that most of gpus are out-of-stock, probably owners will try to sell their component at least x2 price.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: