Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:58:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bittrex is a scam website - AVOID!- WITH PROOF!!  (Read 77822 times)
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:07:07 PM

I just posted a more lengthy account in another thread but in essence I am now stuck like many others here.

In summary:

Legacy account holder > 3 years without verification.
Last successful withdrawal of ~0.15 BTC was November 1st of this year.
Went to withdrawal remaining balance ~0.15 BTC today and got exceed limit message.
Tried to do basic verification and it said unable to verify.
They now want me to do enhanced verification, lol right.

Sad thing is this reminds me of Cryptsy just before they went under. People started reporting having withdrawal problems, they hid behind the KYC and AML laws while in reality they were exit scamming. History may not repeat exactly, but it often rhymes.

Well, if nothing else I guess I can use this to offset some of my taxable gains this year.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:51:03 PM

I have launched a telegram group. I want all those whose account has been disabled to join to this group. and if we needed to file a lawsuit against them we can do it collectively for better results.
everybody is welcome
here is group:
https://t.me/joinchat/BjmOlA2Ir-_l5XhBATHoTg

Is that for US only? It would be a bit hard to do it from all over the world and I'm not from US myself. I will personally wait a little bit more because I sent my ticket only 1 week ago but eventually I'm going to have to do something if they keep doing this.

I had a legacy account aswell i believe, and it got changed to unverified, and i'm from the EU. Had a good amount of money there. I guess i will just need to verify my passport before i can withdraw?

Anyway, i'm not sure how they can change something like this without noticing ANYBODY.
I haven't received a single email, nor did it seem like they updated their ToS,  ( as i never accepted any new TOS of them, in a form of a popup/email... ? )

gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:59:20 PM

I have launched a telegram group. I want all those whose account has been disabled to join to this group. and if we needed to file a lawsuit against them we can do it collectively for better results.
everybody is welcome
here is group:

Is that for US only? It would be a bit hard to do it from all over the world and I'm not from US myself. I will personally wait a little bit more because I sent my ticket only 1 week ago but eventually I'm going to have to do something if they keep doing this.

I had a legacy account aswell i believe, and it got changed to unverified, and i'm from the EU. Had a good amount of money there. I guess i will just need to verify my passport before i can withdraw?

Anyway, i'm not sure how they can change something like this without noticing ANYBODY.
I haven't received a single email, nor did it seem like they updated their ToS,  ( as i never accepted any new TOS of them, in a form of a popup/email... ? )

they should rename this thread : BITTREX TROLLBOX :-D WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:52:43 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2017, 06:19:46 PM by samspaces

I haven't received a single email, nor did it seem like they updated their ToS,  ( as i never accepted any new TOS of them, in a form of a popup/email... ? )

Keep in mind that their verifier third party Jumio is in the hands of a guy that co-started facebook. Their TOS states they'll sell their ID data to anyone for profit. Because of this, I'm never going to send these clowns my ID. For now, I'm viewing my stuck balance as casualty of war.
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:17:52 PM

I haven't received a single email, nor did it seem like they updated their ToS,  ( as i never accepted any new TOS of them, in a form of a popup/email... ? )

Keep in mind that their verifier third party Jumio is in the hands of a guy that co-started facebook. Their TOS states they'll sell their ID data to anyone for profit. Because of this, I'm never going to send these clowns my ID. For now, I'm viewing my stuck balance as casualty of war.

What you mean their ID data to anyone? Even if their TOS says that, it's still illegal to sell passports and other ID's. By the way it seems that they are actually verifying more accounts now, I've seen some people that got verified and bittrex support even apologized for it so I guess there is still hope. I'm still going to withdraw everything as soon as I can tho.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
rapidleech

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:56:32 PM

its done
we lost our funds

waiting more than 2 month

shittrex scammers

Leave negative feedback for these thieves
they are checking this forum everyday, but no action , no answer
these fuc*ing criminals blocked thousands of accounts since 70 days ago & not givin a single response to tickets

julian (CEO) :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=332203

ryan (Bittrex admin) :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=171880

richiela (Bittrex admin / ANN topic starter) :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=96390
deathwish

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

Enjoy the journey...Live in the now...Future will

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 11:04:15 PM

I'm also having trouble with verification and withdraw. No response from their Support team. 

begau

Activity: 790
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:23:56 AM

I'm also having trouble with verification and withdraw. No response from their Support team. 
I think they are very busy with many requests. I have not had any problems with them since use. You try to contact with them in other ways.
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 02:29:02 PM

I think they are very busy with many requests. I have not had any problems with them since use. You try to contact with them in other ways.

Do you read anything ever? If yes, Don't you understand what people are talking about here or you think we are all liars just because you have not been ripped by bittrex (yet Wink ). Isn't it a very bad choice to wait for a scammer to scam you as well and then decide to run? What's the point of sharing news and experiences after all?

Bittrex is the worst case I have ever read about and experienced, they are sophisticated, they enjoy a large user base, they choose their victims based on a carefully designed policy, they pay to media to remain silent and they use the users stolen funds to run large pump and dump and other illegal activities in the market. They are rude and greedy.

None of these characteristics have anything to do with being  busy or not. Actually, pretending to be too busy to give people's deposits back is one of the many strategies Bittrex has followed from the first beginning and no offense when a person tries to wash Bittrex's ugly scammy face with such an excuse I have no choice other than becoming suspicious about the incentives and honesty.
quantum1711

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:38:50 PM

Do you read anything ever? If yes, Don't you understand what people are talking about here or you think we are all liars just because you have not been ripped by bittrex (yet Wink ). Isn't it a very bad choice to wait for a scammer to scam you as well and then decide to run? What's the point of sharing news and experiences after all?

Bittrex is the worst case I have ever read about and experienced, they are sophisticated, they enjoy a large user base, they choose their victims based on a carefully designed policy, they pay to media to remain silent and they use the users stolen funds to run large pump and dump and other illegal activities in the market. They are rude and greedy.

None of these characteristics have anything to do with being  busy or not. Actually, pretending to be too busy to give people's deposits back is one of the many strategies Bittrex has followed from the first beginning and no offense when a person tries to wash Bittrex's ugly scammy face with such an excuse I have no choice other than becoming suspicious about the incentives and honesty.

agree with you, they are running a scam, look at how they go totally silent on this issue and not attending to tickets for up to 3 months!! without any explanation at all to those victims!! and they target overseas victims because they know that overseas victims especially those from middle east and russia are less likely gonna take action against these scums

i have a theory that they actually sold the bitcoins that we deposited into bittrex when bitcoins was ATH at 9-11k around october and made alot of money out of it, that is when the accounts were disabled and the withdrawal limit dropped to 0 for unverified accounts. when people want their bitcoin back, those scums realised that they didnt have enough bitcoins to give back to the rightful owners, hence they disable all withdrawals and pretending to require verification for all accounts while in actual fact they already sold our bitcoins, and in the meantime trying to raise as many bitcoins as they can through transaction fees charged in tradings in bittrex, they hope they can raise back the bitcoin amount to return it to us. this explains why the verification and enabling of account takes so slow, its not slow, but they just dont have the bitcoins to return to everyone, they know that by enabling all accounts now it will trigger a bank run and everyone will withdraw all the bitcoins out of bittrex, hence the slow process of verification for all users.
Chol_gol

Activity: 136

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:46:40 PM

I  have launched a telegram group. I want all those whose account has  been  disabled to join to this group. and if we needed to file a  lawsuit  against them we can do it collectively for better results.
everybody is welcome
here is group:
samspaces
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:59:45 PM

This guy: enhanced verification, yet blocked account. Somethings rotten in the Shittrex Kingdom.

oli123

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:39:15 PM

I also have a bitterx problem. So far, withdrawals have worked, but after a while the payout did not work. I had the Basic verification met. They wanted Enhanced Verification, I sent the necessary documents, but the verification failed. I sent a request to their recommendation at https://support.bittrex.com/. I've been waiting for 12 days. No response has been received so far to help me solve this problem.
I do not know what's going on with Bittrex. I have been registered for 3 years and I was satisfied with it. I'm a little skeptical now. I also have the BTC arrested on my account. I wait and see.
samspaces
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:43:48 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2017, 02:12:59 AM by samspaces

If 'truthfinder' background reports has any accuracy to it, last known public records occupation date for all three senior Bittrex staff was October 16th. Makes you wonder.

Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:19:58 AM

They also destroy you if you are from certain countries as they will only accept passport or drivers license. I have a friend that can't get verified because of that. He is Brazilian and they wont accept any other type of ID and it seems that almost no one has a passport there and only a small percentage of people own a drivers license. This is a scam, one way or the other, they are absolutely scamming people.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:05:40 PM

If you want your ticket to receive Bittrex support, read the details here, I hope it can help you.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2525770.0

Don't fall for scams guys, if you really want the ticket to be seen faster you can use the 2fa ''trick''. You can send them another ticket but using ''disable 2fa'' and telling them you need your 2fa to be disabled. They will ask you for your balance, a few transaction ids and IP to disable your 2fa. You should give them all that + Id and Id+selfie+piece of paper with date and bittrex written on it.
Watari

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:42:07 PM

If you want your ticket to receive Bittrex support, read the details here, I hope it can help you.

Don't fall for scams guys, if you really want the ticket to be seen faster you can use the 2fa ''trick''. You can send them another ticket but using ''disable 2fa'' and telling them you need your 2fa to be disabled. They will ask you for your balance, a few transaction ids and IP to disable your 2fa. You should give them all that + Id and Id+selfie+piece of paper with date and bittrex written on it.
but can't you simply disable 2FA on your settings page? why would they react on that in the support section?
Watari

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:43:33 PM

what other ways?
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:39:03 AM

but can't you simply disable 2FA on your settings page? why would they react on that in the support section?

The point is to make them answer you. You are ''tricking'' them into believing you can't access your account, this triggers their system and you will get an automated response. You can then respond to that ticket with your id and selfie and it seems that they will check it faster that way.
rticul8

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:10:01 AM

So hire some more support staff...  Roll Eyes

Over the past couple of months, Bittrex has been in the process of improving its identity verification procedures.  There are a number of reasons to improve our processes, including that improved identity procedures help protect Bittrex users from theft and fraud, and prevent abuse of the Bittrex platform.  In addition, Bittrex must comply with the Bank Secrecy Act, U.S. economic sanctions laws, and other legal and regulatory requirements.  Bittrex takes these compliance obligations seriously.  We are committed to making sure our services are not used to launder money, support terrorism, commit fraud or other illegal activities.

We understand that our verification process can be frustrating or a hassle.  We have heard your complaints and are working promptly to address each individual support ticket in our system.  But, we cannot do this without the help of our customers.  We have provided below a list of common mistakes or issues that arise during our improved identity verification process that tends to increase the delay in completing the process successfully:

Creating multiple accounts associated with a single individual or entity:  Unless you have received prior approval from Bittrex, our system will disable all additional accounts associated with a single individual or entity.  This issue needs to be resolved manually by our support staff.  Given the necessity of manual intervention and the number of tickets we have received lately, there have been significant delays in resolving these issues.  Please do not create multiple accounts.
Name mismatch: If your government issued ID has a different name than the one you provided to Bittrex, your account will not be able to withdraw funds until we resolve the name mismatch.  This issue needs to be resolved manually by our support staff.  Given the necessity of manual intervention and the number of tickets we have received lately, there have been significant delays in resolving these issues.
Unreadable IDs: If your ID is not readable or otherwise unable to be verified as a legitimately issued government ID, we will not allow you to proceed with our improved identity verification process.  Please ensure that the picture of your government issued ID is clear.
Non-Latin characters on the Government IDs:  There are some countries where government IDs do not support the Latin character set.  For these IDs, there are additional steps that Bittrex will need to take to verify the information on the ID, often including manual intervention.  Given the number of tickets we have received lately, there have been significant delays in resolving these issues.  Using international passports generally makes the process move more smoothly as these passports support Latin characters.
Opening multiple support tickets: We have noticed that users are opening multiple tickets with regards to the same issue.  While we understand that the delay can be frustrating, please do not open multiple tickets for the same issue as this will cause your support request to be delayed.

Although this is not an exhaustive list, we wanted to provide some context for the delay in responding to individual support tickets.  We trust that you understand Bittrex is committed to following the law and ensuring that it has a robust compliance program.  We ask for your patience and cooperation throughout this process.

The Bittrex Team
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: