Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:26:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: - Why I'm STILL NOT selling my Ripple XRP ❤️  (Read 9527 times)
vuvanle120

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

"Highest ROI crypto infrastructure"

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:18:34 AM

all the things you said aside, not selling ripple was a huge mistake.
even if we assume that it has a good future (which in my opinion it doesn't but it is irrelevant to what i want to say) price went up fast and a lot. and you should have sold on top.

not selling led to a big -54% loss in your investment because we are that much lower from the top!

a logical move in the market is to sell on top and take the profit and if you still believe in it for whatever reason! you buy back at the bottom.
and it is a big mistake not to sell and just keep holding because you have high hopes!!

Easy say but how do you know when it tops. You only know when it tops after it falls.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcemo

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:09:28 AM

Listen every bank will try to implement their own solution in order to keep Centralization. One example is Hyperledger by IBM. This is Enterprise ledger so do not consider this argument with "banks" to be implemented so fast with Ripple or any other currency.
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:58:47 AM

Ripple will grow its exist from 2014 and there was lots of speculation gone from past couple of months ripple died but its not . Mean time other altcoins are trying to pump  but Ripple was trying to dumb even it holds it value and survive .
cryptoxrp

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:02:18 AM

Chinese exchange Yuanbao has announced the listing of Ripple (XRP) set to begin trading on Friday, June 9th. Earlier in the week, the company announced the listing of Ripple rival with Stellar Lumens (XLM) tokens(already trading large amounts +/- 4 Milj. XLM per day) available for trade against CNY. XRP will be listed starting on June 9, 2017, 15:00 within the CNY trading area. link: https://www.cryptoninjas.net/2017/06/08/chinese-exchange-yuanbao-opens-trading-ripple-xrp/  Grin
cryptoxrp

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:20:21 AM

Wed, May 24 2017. 05 10 AM IST Ripple partners with Hyderabad-based BTCXIndia to launch XRP exchange. (well documented article, great read)
Blockchain start-up Ripple Labs has partnered with crypto-currency exchange BTCXIndia to start a buying and selling facility for XRP (ripple)
link: http://www.livemint.com/Companies/iEWQm8Q6MPgLyMCY0maONJ/Ripple-partners-with-Hyderabadbased-BTCXIndia-to-launch-XRP.html  Smiley
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:16:49 AM

There is a reason Ripple investors live in expensive New York areas and XRP "investors " in the slums.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
g___

Activity: 273

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

not selling led to a big -54% loss in your investment because we are that much lower from the top!

what? this makes 0 sense. if you bought below the current price, you've profited (unless you're referring to a 54% loss in your profits). most people forget (or are too impatient) - ripple grew 4800% in 2 months and has essentially held a stable price. what do you expect, something to grow at that rate forever without pullback?

"the stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient." - warren buffett
GRR

Activity: 249

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:28:39 PM

Chinese exchange Yuanbao has announced the listing of Ripple (XRP) set to begin trading on Friday, June 9th. Earlier in the week, the company announced the listing of Ripple rival with Stellar Lumens (XLM) tokens(already trading large amounts +/- 4 Milj. XLM per day) available for trade against CNY. XRP will be listed starting on June 9, 2017, 15:00 within the CNY trading area. link: https://www.cryptoninjas.net/2017/06/08/chinese-exchange-yuanbao-opens-trading-ripple-xrp/  Grin

Adding XRP to 100 more exchanges doesn't mean its price will explode. This is a common misconception when people think certain coins need to be added on Poloniex to increase or whatsoever. It does not matter in any way because demand does not automatically increase. Only innovation, development and hype does lead to increase.
qruvasan

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:29:17 PM

There is a reason Ripple investors live in expensive New York areas and XRP "investors " in the slums.

you made my day:))) ı decided to sell my all xrp's... sick of waiting...
ppc.pt

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:33:28 PM

Some people hate Ripple but I still choose to NOT selling my XRP!

This is why:
- they are still alive, many coins from 2014 are almost dead, Ripple NOT and in top 3.

Ripple has working software, many coins just don't
15 of the top 50 banks work already with Ripple

Ripple employs over 150 people
Some coins have just one or two...

SBI Ripple China
https://ripple.com/ripple_press/ripple-strikes-multi-national-deal-with-sbi-holdings-to-meet-growing-demand-for-ripple-solutions-across-asia/

SBI Ripple India
state bank of india (sbi) is the government bank whose transaction is much more than another banks of india, if this is write that sbi approve ripple transaction then all other banks of india will definitely approve ripple then, INDIAN BANKS means a huge jump to ripple (total no bank 18 private sector bank, 28 public sector bank). IN SHORT what sbi did all banks of india definitely copy that.
alone sbi has more that 13000 branches in india huge news for ripple.

More countries and banks will join Ripple in the future

Ripple to Place 55 Billion XRP in Escrow to Ensure Certainty of Total XRP Supply
I don't see this happening with other coins.
https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-to-place-55-billion-xrp-in-escrow-to-ensure-certainty-into-total-xrp-supply/

Further Decentralizing the XRP Ledger
As we continue these initiatives to further decentralize the system, XRP Ledger will inherently become even more resilient. A key benchmark that we aim to achieve is to become more decentralized than Bitcoin, which at the time of writing is 51% controlled by just five mining pools. This means the largest five pools working together could achieve a 51% attack and reverse transactions (double spend) at will. For Ethereum, this number is even lower: only three pools are needed for a takeover. To match Bitcoin, XRP Ledger would need just 16 trusted validators. Add more, and the number of tolerable faults increases accordingly. In other words, XRP Ledger will not just meet, but exceed the decentralization level of other public blockchains.)
https://ripple.com/insights/how-we-are-further-decentralizing-the-ripple-consensus-ledger-rcl-to-bolster-robustness-for-enterprise-use/

Ripple can scale to handle the same throughput as Visa, but more reliably and at a lower cost
https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-continues-to-bring-internet-of-value-to-life-new-features-increase-transaction-throughput-to-same-level-as-visa/

500 times faster then bitcoin

I don't care if they helping banks. I still need my bankaccount. I don't see any differents in 5 years.
That's why I see a good future for Ripple.

And you are right. I'm getting a bit tired of these guys saying ripple is a scam. Right, a 20 Billion scam...

When are these people going to stop ?
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:20:13 PM

When are these people going to stop ?

They're not.

Some don't like Ripple from a purist's, decentralised crypto-anarchist perspective, which is fair enough I suppose, but it's no use countering them with compelling arguments for XRP - they won't change their minds. Logic isn't effective against an ethical position.

Others didn't get in early and regret it. Not much can be done about that now. Except if you really believe in XRP and see the potential, then getting in now is by no means too late.
cryptoxrp

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:44:44 PM

Grin Apple working with Ripple Grin  Apple pay on Gatehub.net sneak preview: https://twitter.com/marccwr/status/817392064241537024/photo/1  Link was posted by  marc c (@marccwr). So hopefully this summer I can spend my XRP on Apple products.  Wink

Marcus Treachter (Global Head at Strategic accounts @Ripple) just chaired a great 3-day meeting of the GPSG in Tokyo. The momentum is really building. link: https://twitter.com/marcus_treacher/status/873170105810792449  Shocked
clearclear

Activity: 336

Run as fast as you can - or jump in a faster river

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 07:14:08 AM

You hold some interesting points. I think right now the pure cheapness combined with the trust provided by the players behind it could be a real asset. For example - as you talked about India - this could be a mayor point as even people there could get a few coins of it because it isn't cheap in Fiat terms.
Boxxl (OP)

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:14:26 PM

There are a lot of events in june for ripple.
Big banks are coming to this events.

No Signature right now...
Proxik

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:37:51 PM

Bought some Ripple today for the first time, i think it will pump soon, the graph looks like it  Grin
Playboi

Activity: 187
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:03:06 PM

all the things you said aside, not selling ripple was a huge mistake.
even if we assume that it has a good future (which in my opinion it doesn't but it is irrelevant to what i want to say) price went up fast and a lot. and you should have sold on top.

a logical move in the market is to sell on top and take the profit and if you still believe in it for whatever reason! you buy back at the bottom.
and it is a big mistake not to sell and just keep holding because you have high hopes!!

i dont think anyone can predict what 'on top' is though.

that .40 price could have become .50, or .60, or 1usd

i held, and still holding
Pfizer

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:05:13 AM

You only show the positive aspect of Ripple. How about negative aspects?

I personally like Ripple but how about its supply? Do we have certain information about its supply? -NO.
CryptoMensch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 01:30:07 AM

Ripple is stuck, it won't move until more news about the escrow (limit the supply)

BANCOR
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:50:31 AM

Ripple is stuck, it won't move until more news about the escrow (limit the supply)
its really a battle between believers and fuders now, the value is really cool to do some day trading as we knew that there's a lots of possibility that it will goes up and if you already sell your holding buying again in the dip will gain you profit more after waiting for the rebound.
Boxxl (OP)

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:23:21 AM

its really a battle between believers and fuders now, the value is really cool to do some day trading as we knew that there's a lots of possibility that it will goes up and if you already sell your holding buying again in the dip will gain you profit more after waiting for the rebound.

I think the best products will survive, not the hype coins..

No Signature right now...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: