Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:33:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: - Why I'm STILL NOT selling my Ripple XRP ❤️  (Read 9529 times)
erox

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:59:57 AM

I think XRP is a coin for long-term investment and they should not be sold. This is a really good project.

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
Yba Muse

Activity: 10
Merit: 7

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:13:43 AM

The thing I do not understand about buying ripple is, what is the point of owning ripple?

The partners that Ripple is gaining are using it's technology but not its coin. The coin is also a centrally controlled currency just like the federal reserve and banking system that we tried to get away from.

So, I can't be assured of profits if Ripple continues to find success with banking partners (because the partners aren't going to adopt the currency / take supply off the market), and it's a centralized currency, and i'm pretty sure I can't use it anywhere to buy anything, so what's the point of owning the token?

And i'm not saying that like "oh, I can't use bitcoin in my grocery, why would I buy it." The fact is that my local grocery will eventually adopt bitcoin payments, but I don't think they will adopt ripple payments. I don't even think the Ripple team is working to gain merchant adoption, they seem to be focusing exclusively on banks using their technology.

Help me understand why I should own the currency
invest2lose

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:36:17 AM

The thing I do not understand about buying ripple is, what is the point of owning ripple?

The partners that Ripple is gaining are using it's technology but not its coin. The coin is also a centrally controlled currency just like the federal reserve and banking system that we tried to get away from.

So, I can't be assured of profits if Ripple continues to find success with banking partners (because the partners aren't going to adopt the currency / take supply off the market), and it's a centralized currency, and i'm pretty sure I can't use it anywhere to buy anything, so what's the point of owning the token?

And i'm not saying that like "oh, I can't use bitcoin in my grocery, why would I buy it." The fact is that my local grocery will eventually adopt bitcoin payments, but I don't think they will adopt ripple payments. I don't even think the Ripple team is working to gain merchant adoption, they seem to be focusing exclusively on banks using their technology.

lol...people don't read i guess. this question is asked like EVERY DAY.
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:48:48 AM

Google is a scam because their search engine is not necessary for the Internet to work!? Am i right?

Well, umm, yeah. Google works to build, preserve, protect and promote the Internet, even though the Internet works just fine without Google, because without the Internet, there's no market for a search engine. So why does Google even bother with a search engine? Because that's where their revenue comes from.

Similarly, Ripple's payment network and things like ILP and the "Internet of value" are not major direct revenue sources for Ripple. But without them, there's no need for XRP. Ripple promotes its payment network and ILP and a universal way to make payments to create a market for XRP. XRP is, we hope, the major revenue source.

This isn't a secret, it's the strategy.

In order to say something like "XRP is a scam because it's not necessary for Ripple to work" you'd have to think that Twitter should be building its own network that requires you to use Twitter rather than promoting and growing the Internet. It's incredibly short-sighted, small-minded thinking.

Stolen from xrpchat
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:13:49 AM

But i sold all my ripple and converted some other altcoin because its most of the XRP premined and also its not completely decentralized coin . Even every time speculation comes nothing happened every speculation till no i seen that was wrong . SO no more i am believing ripple.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
disam

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:26:26 AM

a part of my portfolio is xrp. all aside ( centralization,premine,huge supply ) still has the best "product" regarding swift and 4sec transfers #hodl
MemberBerries

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:26:33 AM

But i sold all my ripple and converted some other altcoin because its most of the XRP premined and also its not completely decentralized coin . Even every time speculation comes nothing happened every speculation till no i seen that was wrong . SO no more i am believing ripple.

http://thereformedbroker.com/2017/09/11/you-can-practically-smell-it-in-the-air/

Be careful.  You will be one of those coming back in subreddits and other threads and cry about your decisions Smiley.
Institutional money...i can smell it!
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:15:10 PM

it's called lack of patience, which is what you have.

each node also maintains it's own validator list from independent companies/institutions, so you clearly don't understand what ripple is or how it works...
xaxistech

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:20:31 PM

I would never understand how ripple works, seriously, that is a very strange altcoin for me. I could never understand how it works, its functions, its features, etc. I only think that this is a "ghost" coin, since i dont see too much movement in their charts, but the price is always going up, i dont see too much volume in the exchanges, but there is too much volatility. i dont understand it, how could banks adopt a crypto? that is something more strange for me.. Since i thought that banks were the opposite to crypto

▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
      ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
          ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
             ▄█████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             █████████████▀
             █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             ▀▀▀
Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
   ▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
Wyre08

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:31:43 PM

I'm holding mine too. I'm thinking it's a 3 or 5 year hold until it's worth something serious. Institutions are slow moving and even though it has some support behind it it'll take a little bit. I'm holding mine and planning on slowly adding more as I can.
Gotomoon

Activity: 719

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:04:19 PM

I'm holding mine too. I'm thinking it's a 3 or 5 year hold until it's worth something serious. Institutions are slow moving and even though it has some support behind it it'll take a little bit. I'm holding mine and planning on slowly adding more as I can.
For me hodling xrp for a long term is good investment. Im holding too my Xrp and waiting for the price to rise. I believe xrp will rise the value in the future so I invest some xrp.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1596
Merit: 785

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:22:40 PM

Ripple is indeed an interesting coin, not some meme type (DogeCoin Cough cough). Your points are pretty valid, didn't know quite a few of them. Its price is more than 100 times higher than it used to be last year, rendering it a promising future investment.

I am holding just a few, and looking forward to purchase more.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Misshi

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

Decentralized Continuous Audit&Reporting Protocol

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:41:51 PM

Before I have Ripple coins. Because I thought if it belong to top 10, its a good coin. But then eventually as days goes by, I started to think and study the situation. I searched and gather opinions about on holding my ripple. Then as I gather opinions and study their claim, I realized maybe they are right. That is why I sold my Ripple coins. It is like a pump and dump, I lose hope to hold on their platform.

_Dawid_

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 11:44:27 PM

Yeah Ripple has bright future and should also be interesting option for long term. But how about price? When should we invest in? Now we have $0.182933 (-0.39%) .
The Charts show that the time for invest is not the worst currently. What do you think? Rush or keep waiting?
Has someone made comparison NEM to the Ripple?
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:16:47 PM

I check back in the various Ripple threads every so often just to see if someone finally has a convincing reason why XRP won't be a huge success... still haven't seen one Smiley

It can feel a bit like being stuck in a loop. There's only so many times you can give the answers to centralised! / Jed is going to dump his coins! / Ripple are going to dump their coins! / Max supply is too high! / Banks will use the ledger but not the coin! / Banks will copy the tech and not even use the ledger! etc etc.
kijaki

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:23:02 PM

When I have a look to the chart of ripple, I'm not that satified with this crypto-currency. The global behaviour looks like it's gonna decrease more and more. Some weeks ago, when it was increasing I have been more optimistic, but now it's more decreasing and I'm not shure if I should hold it. But it is good to read some more optimistic posts, so I may hold it and hope for a bright future.
luckyguy09

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:30:54 PM

Ripple is serving a greater purpose. What this technology has achieved is amazing..
All the things mention before are all right.
Personally i choose not to sell any of my ripples and plan to hold as long as possible and continue to buy.
I am passionate with this coin and i strongly believe that the price will skyrocket.
Lets be patient and wait the good days ahead for the ripple.
Rj Manik

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:42:59 PM

Some people not like Ripple.Because they think ripple future is not good.But I think one day Ripple is raising a big profitable price.Sometimes
I have to do it with live trade.Its small profits.But holding trade is like a deposits.For this I'm NOT selling my Ripple XRP.
MemberBerries

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:19:05 PM

Stolen from xrpchat for education purposes
Presentation from companies below

Both Dimension Data and Everis are owned by NTT Data.  Below are some basic facts about all three companies.

NTT Data

$14.6 billion in annual revenue
120,000 employees
HQ in Tokoyo
Dimension Data

$7.5 billion in annual revenue
30,000 employees
HQ in Johannesburg
Everis

$1 billion in annual revenue
19,000 employees
Offices in 16 countries
The LinkedIn profiles of all three presenters can be accessed via below.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/josepalvarezperez/?ppe=1
https://www.linkedin.com/in/steve-van-den-heever-4042281/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/arruebarrena/
The webinar was very informative.  The presenters made an important point that Brad Garlinghouse, CEO of Ripple, also likes to make.  For the financial services sector, there are very few production ready blockchains.  Also, based on the presentation, I concluded the other production ready blockchains for the financial services sector compliment, rather than compete with, Ripple.

Below is the current state of the RTGS systems.

Below is what NTT Data and their subsidiaries think the landscape will look like.  XRP is key to "settle cross-currency transactions in real-time".  Notice they do not expect critical mass adoption until 2020-2025.

With the ILP, they also expect additional use cases of Ripple and XRP to develop.

The below slide shows how banks settlement systems can be linked with ILP.

Also, the list of those who attended can be accessed (if the attendee chose to make their profile public). Below are some of the companies who had representatives attend the webinar.

ADP
American Express
BNY Mellon
Dell
EY
Fidelity
GE
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Honeywell
IBM
Intel
Microsoft
Northern Trust
PwC
RBC Royal Bank
Red Hat
Shell International
Standard Bank
SunTrust Bank
TD Bank
There are no guarantees with any of this, but as JoelKatz has said, making a bet on Ripple and XRP is a smart bet.

Lastly, I do not understand why people criticize Ripple for XRP not being used as much everyone would like.  Or why they were irate when they found out Ripple was charging for their software.  Which would be better to have?  A free blockchain technology that has been adopted by 0 banks but requires the use of their useless native currency/token.  Or a blockchain technology that has been adopted by 100 banks and counting (according to the presentation) in which they must pay for, and whose native currency/token has the potential to revolutionize an entire industry.
xandriel

Activity: 586
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:56:56 PM

Some people not like Ripple.Because they think ripple future is not good.But I think one day Ripple is raising a big profitable price.Sometimes
I have to do it with live trade.Its small profits.But holding trade is like a deposits.For this I'm NOT selling my Ripple XRP.
they dont like ripple because they dont want a company can control a blockchain network. everything should be decentralized

.BITWINUP.
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀