Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:33:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nvidia & AMD 7950 Dual Mining  (Read 2501 times)
Chiz (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:31:49 AM

Just finished building my rig tonight and I have a problem, I can only get an on screen display for the GTX 570 I am using, which I used to get the AMD Catalyst and all the drivers, after the AMD was recognized (still is to this date), I switched my DVI cable to it and it worked just fine, but I turned off the computer, now no matter what I cannot get the damn AMD card to set as the primary GFX card. I've looked in the BIOS and found nothing at all, does anyone have any tips to set a primary GFX card or what my problem may be.

Goal is to have the monitor on AMD and use a dummy plug for the Nvidia (I mean if this isn't solved, I guess I could swap those around)
Also I am going to be running CUDAminer (already am now and get 215 K/hash for LTC) for the Nvidia and CGMiner on the 7950 since everyone says it's the best and seems to have the best settings to get the most hashing out of it. Really would love some advice guys, thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bobykarot

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:31:21 PM

Well mining with nvidia is just a lost of money ...

use '-d X' where x is your device number in your bat file to set the device you want to mine on for cgminer. To get the device number you need to start cgminer with '-n' option.
So i didn't test with only one monitor, cause i have 2 ... my monitors are connecting to my gtx 570 and my 7950 is mining all by herself Smiley i can't see the temp and fan speed but i trust her and i tried to add the 5 sec dummy plug but didn't worked ... I read that dummy plug are now useless so .

for -d option in cgminer : https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/README around line 190.

for 5 sec dummy plug : http://blog.zorinaq.com/?e=11
Chiz (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:45:04 PM

A little help anyone? Also CGminer confuses the hell out of me, any good tutorials on setting it up? I dl'd it and ran CGminer.exe, entered URL, Username and Pass and it just crashes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: