Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:07:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 hr live stream tonight with ETH co-founder Charles Hoskinson  (Read 1629 times)
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:45:09 AM

^ Lol.  Don't be upset.  It's pretty obvious mining1 and a couple others are shills paid for by an ETH whale to spread misinformation here and on Twitter.  I wouldn't worry about them since all the smart guys are on Twitter, and they don't buy what they say.  And the people left here are mere minnows following where the whales go.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:22:20 AM

But his contribution to Ethereum classic is quite significant.

Exactly, and this is the crux of the propaganda machine ETH runs. During my time at Ethereum, I was both super incompetent accomplished nothing loser who also was a hyper competent sociopath that engineered his way to the CEO position and almost destroyed the project.

Nobody said you are super incompetent and destroyed the project. You said it yourself that your involvement ended even before the start. You were just one of the guys at the beginning talking about how to start things, and you LEFT because there were 2 sides that opposed eachother about how to move forward.

One, that wanted to take money from VC's and become blockstream 2.0, more like ethereum foundation to be some kind of a super centralised company instead, and the other side who opposed that and wanted a foundation instead. Apparently being blockstream 2.0 would have been bad, look where bitcoin is now. You really thought being like blockstream was really a good ideea ? Devs becoming muppets ? Admit you were wrong here ?

The only problem i see with you is that you're giving yourself much more credit than you deserve. I mean sure, if you came with a more modest approach regarding your ethereum involvement then nobody would have pointed fingers.

@tokeweed you'd be surprised to find out that i don't have a twitter account.
scribbles

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:23:43 PM

Nooo! Why didn't I read this earlier!

Is there a recap somewhere?

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
The Crypto Baron (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 01:19:11 PM

Full interview up here: https://youtu.be/dMNhOIUcOYo

charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 03:04:17 PM

Admit I was wrong? The only reason ethereum is where it is at is because of consensys- a centralized company. They got the Microsoft partnership, the EEA, founded dozens of dapp projects, supported core infrastructure, assisted with the conferences, etc etc.

My point was to start this first built ethereum and then do a crowdsale from a foundation when the protocol was done. The other way around, no one has any incentive to stay and sure enough everyone left and did their own thing

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
Thenoticer

Activity: 332

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:22:03 PM

Full interview up here: https://youtu.be/dMNhOIUcOYo

Can someone write a summary of the talk. I won't have time for a few days to get a listen in. Charles is def a valuable leader in the crypto world and we should thank him for any insight he provides.

[Thanks Charles]

Do you have any comments on Dan Larimers EOS.io project? ( an Etc/Eth competitor with more throughput)

mining1

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:43:08 PM

Admit I was wrong? The only reason ethereum is where it is at is because of consensys- a centralized company. They got the Microsoft partnership, the EEA, founded dozens of dapp projects, supported core infrastructure, assisted with the conferences, etc etc.

My point was to start this first built ethereum and then do a crowdsale from a foundation when the protocol was done. The other way around, no one has any incentive to stay and sure enough everyone left and did their own thing

Yes, consensys helped. But they are part of the ethereum ecosystem. Everyone has a merit in this. I never claimed Vitalik is ethereum or just the core group. You wanted VC funding, that wouldn't have been better. Look at blockstream, they took VC money and they are only trying to force segwit+ln  vision and not taking anything else into consideration. If you make a deal with the devil, you can't get rid of it.

In the exact spot is etc. You guys ( barry included ) needed miners support. So you made a deal with the devil ( chandler guo+ others ), giving them a milk cow for years and now even if you want to move away from POW, you can't because of them. Please don't insult me by telling the decision to let ETC have a ~15% annual inflation to 230mil tokens didn't have anything to do with the miners support ETC received at the coup attempt.

But you know what i don't understand ? I mean fine, you had a disagreement and you decided to leave. But i can't understand why you always try to throw with mud at them and try to insinuate bad things every single time you get the chance. That's extremely unproffesional. I mean, i'd expect that from myself or some troll from this forum, but i am a nobody. You claim to be somebody. You have 0 respect for your ex colleagues.
Assman

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:54:03 PM

Yes, consensys helped. But they are part of the ethereum ecosystem. Everyone has a merit in this. I never claimed Vitalik is ethereum or just the core group. You wanted VC funding, that wouldn't have been better. Look at blockstream, they took VC money and they are only trying to force segwit+ln  vision and not taking anything else into consideration. If you make a deal with the devil, you can't get rid of it.

In the exact spot is etc. You guys ( barry included ) needed miners support. So you made a deal with the devil ( chandler guo+ others ), giving them a milk cow for years and now even if you want to move away from POW, you can't because of them. Please don't insult me by telling the decision to let ETC have a ~15% annual inflation to 230mil tokens didn't have anything to do with the miners support ETC received at the coup attempt.

But you know what i don't understand ? I mean fine, you had a disagreement and you decided to leave. But i can't understand why you always try to throw with mud at them and try to insinuate bad things every single time you get the chance. That's extremely unproffesional. I mean, i'd expect that from myself or some troll from this forum, but i am a nobody. You claim to be somebody. You have 0 respect for your ex colleagues.

Jesus Christ, let it go

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:22:32 AM

I wonder why the Ethereum supporters are still irritated by the original chain continuing to live on and prospering. They should be happy because by default, they are holding 2 Ethereums, unless they dumped all their ETC to the bottom that is. Wink

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mining1

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:10:18 AM

@bbc.reporter No one really cares about etc. It's just that they are generally trolls. If you wanna make a general impression about the quality of people there, read this post https://medium.com/@charlescmackay/barry-silbert-and-the-cost-of-bitcoins-malfeasance-culture-f83d15ad07d1
The Crypto Baron (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:44:38 PM

@bbc.reporter No one really cares about etc. It's just that they are generally trolls. If you wanna make a general impression about the quality of people there, read this post https://medium.com/@charlescmackay/barry-silbert-and-the-cost-of-bitcoins-malfeasance-culture-f83d15ad07d1

Are you this desperate you're clinging to an article from April about Barry Silbert?

Also... FYI, Charles and I discussed the exact content of your article and I highly doubt you'll disagree with what he had to say about it

mining1

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:39:07 PM

That article is very relevant because that's how things continue to work on etc side. The only difference is, their trolling has much less effect now than then.
Assman

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:35:53 PM

That article is very relevant because that's how things continue to work on etc side. The only difference is, their trolling has much less effect now than then.

"their trolling" is super ironic coming from you, right now  Tongue

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:42:16 AM

But Barry Shilbert is not the only person in Ethereum classic. I might agree that Barry is a douchebag and would have preferred that ETC become a real open source project with out him, but my support for ETC is for a deeper reason. I support it because it is a protest on the social contract broken by Vitalik and the Ethereum Foundation when they reset the transaction history.

What is the use of a blockchain for them? It would be better for them not to use it.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
The Crypto Baron (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:10:03 AM

Split into segments:

Ethereum Origin Story
https://youtu.be/tl3cYsZ_lpo

Charles on the DAO hack
https://youtu.be/PjKtkjnzcOk

Charles on the bright future of ETC: PoW, ICOs, Treasury
https://youtu.be/Px6YSl5oA9M

“Let’s work together and make each other better” says Charles Hoskinson on divergence of ETH - ETC
https://youtu.be/16-L3QlGfCQ

Charles Hoskinson Weighs in on the Bitcoin Scaling Drama
https://youtu.be/z-m7pPpsVQM

Charles and Crypto Baron Talk Determining Value in Blockchain
https://youtu.be/QFboDRcU-aI

Charles and Crypto Baron discuss PIVX and the need for privacy in Blockchain
https://youtu.be/2LRJTgkequ4

mining1

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:00:17 AM

But Barry Shilbert is not the only person in Ethereum classic. I might agree that Barry is a douchebag and would have preferred that ETC become a real open source project with out him, but my support for ETC is for a deeper reason. I support it because it is a protest on the social contract broken by Vitalik and the Ethereum Foundation when they reset the transaction history.

What is the use of a blockchain for them? It would be better for them not to use it.

Barry is the most important wheel. He built that troll machine to benefit from confusion and make profit at the cost of morals. If you think the history was reset you are a fool, no transaction was erased. Basically investors agreed to disolve the dao. So yes that contract was broken, deleted, on purpose. The same happened with etc, tehy broke some contracts when they also had the smaller ddos attack in the fall.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: