Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:39:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTB]BitBar - the current market price is consistently over 1 Bitcoin at present  (Read 3795 times)
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:03:19 PM

Reviewing the trades from the first day's operation of the BitBar / Bitcoin google docs exchange topic - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvzceU1B6xtPdFg0M2kza2pQQ2o0b2RzNFZnRlNiclE#gid=0

The following orders were fulfilled,from newest to oldest:

Buy 55 BTB at 1.2 BTC per BTB  (vlaouu321)
Buy 1 BTB at 1.2 BTC per BTB    (bitpar)
Buy 5 BTB at 1 BTC per BTB   (cvrchameleon)
Buy 24? BTB at 1 BTC per BTB  (Blitzmd)
Buy 0.5 BTB at 0.5 BTC per BTB (Boelens)

I also saw a couple of topics where orders looked to be filled at 1 BTC per BTB.

What will the future hold? Only the free market and supply and demand can decide, but it's certainly interesting to see a new cryptocurrency sell for such high prices. This is the first time in history a cryptocurrency is being bought and sold for higher than Bitcoin... if nothing else it is a historic moment! Miners are flocking to the coin as the network hashrate is growing fast as is the difficulty, the coming days are going to be very interesting Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:10:53 PM

1. 60 blocks after the genesis block were premined
2. Difficulty for the first 735 blocks was so low that it can't even be shown on the explorer
3. For the premine period, 59.644201 BTB were generated in little less than 4 minutes
4. For the difficulty under 0.001 period excluding the premine period, 600.324139 BTB were created in little more than 20 minutes

http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/chain/BitBar?hi=736&count=737

- There was 5 minutes of premining done in error by the tester - those bitbars are being donated as a bounty towards the exchange. See the official launch topic.
- The difficulty for Feathercoin was also at 0. In fact several coins launched that way
- As with most new coin launches on the first day a huge amount get created for the super early adopters (2 million for PPCoin, 200,000 in the first 2 hours for Feathercoin, many others...)

Keep hating Smiley
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:19:51 PM

Insane and stupid. Unless the preminers take responsibility to make the price higher enough. Otherwise there's no use.

If the preminers are trustworthy people (which means they will always buy back the BTB if the price is lower than the IPO price, I say IPO because this is just a centralized security issuing), otherwise this is plain scam.

Cheesy
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:20:30 PM

Yea, does seem to be the case where BTB is equaling the price of BTC.  It's very interesting.  Look forward to seeing how this turns out in the end.

Me too. I am not trying to predict the future but things have gotten off to a very good start. If it gets an exchange built for it or on Cryptonit in the next couple of weeks, anything could happen
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:25:30 PM

Some people in this thread thing the OP is the creator of the coin... promoting the coin.  The OP is simply stating the facts of the current market price.  There is no reason to fill this thread with hate spam... there are other threads to do that in.

Yup. I didn't even mine any (couldn't get it to work). The only BitBars I have are BitBars I traded for on the first day which I can prove through my private messages - and it's not a crazy amount.

Obviously I want BitBars to do well, but the free market will decide. I am just happy to be part of this.
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:25:59 PM

- There was 5 minutes of premining done in error by the tester - those bitbars are being donated as a bounty towards the exchange. See the official launch topic.
- The difficulty for Feathercoin was also at 0. In fact several coins launched that way
- As with most new coin launches on the first day a huge amount get created for the super early adopters (2 million for PPCoin, 200,000 in the first 2 hours for Feathercoin, many others...)

Keep hating Smiley

It is correct that large beneficial is always for the early adopters, but for the currency, there need a certain level of inflation just like Bitcoin. Without inflation, this stuff will either turn to the private toys or the public scam. There're only two ways left for you to choose as for centralized issuing you have no credit at all.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:27:45 PM

Yeah bitbar is starting to look alot like a scam.  The community seems to be rejecting it as you do not find much on this forum other than spam promoting it as the new future in digital currency.
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:28:56 PM

Keep hating Smiley

It is correct that large beneficial is always for the early adopters, but for the currency, there need a certain level of inflation just like Bitcoin. Without inflation, this stuff will either turn to the private toys or the public scam. There're only two ways left for you to choose as for centralized issuing you have no credit at all.

The code is based on Novacoin which is inflationary.

I don't claim what is going to happen in the future, I am merely reporting on yesterdays trading activity which is pretty intriguing. 1-2 months from now should be very interesting for us to look back on
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:31:34 PM

Yeah bitbar is starting to look alot like a scam.  The community seems to be rejecting it as you do not find much on this forum other than spam promoting it as the new future in digital currency.
Bitbar was never intended to replace Bitcoin as the future digital currency, but It was intended to put some of your Bitcoin value into a BITBAR, my prediction is 1 Bitbar will be worth 10 BTC a month from now.

Blah blah
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 02:05:17 PM

Some people in this thread thing the OP is the creator of the coin... promoting the coin.  The OP is simply stating the facts of the current market price.  There is no reason to fill this thread with hate spam... there are other threads to do that in.

Yup. I didn't even mine any (couldn't get it to work). The only BitBars I have are BitBars I traded for on the first day which I can prove through my private messages - and it's not a crazy amount.

Obviously I want BitBars to do well, but the free market will decide. I am just happy to be part of this.

I can verify this. I traded mr_random 4 BTB for 1.6 BTC. In retrospect I should have held on to them as they're worth more now but for a 1 day old coin it was too hard to turn down that kind of exchange rate. Cheesy

If mr_random was the creator why would he be buying them from me?
BBQKorv

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:14:36 PM

this stuff will either turn to the private toys or the public scam.

It is already public scam but critical mass haven't realised that and thus bubble is still growing.

1-2 months from now should be very interesting for us to look back on

Indeed. I wonder what will you think of BTB after it dies and who will you blame for the death, but I already know you won't admit you are to be blamed even a bit.

Let's see this quote 1-2 months from now and laugh.  Grin
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:18:29 PM

He will have deleted his post by then. The funny thing is substrata is the scam not BTB.
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:30:53 PM

He will have deleted his post by then. The funny thing is substrata is the scam not BTB.

Something really funny is he was hating on feathercoin hard, bashing it in every thread and no-one listened. And the next day he tried to buy some. lol.

I'm of the opinion let's sit back and see what the free market decides.
zdarkazn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:37:17 PM

67 Posts and people dislike subSTRATA already. I just realized that o.o Anyways, say what you want sub, but to me you seem immature. You tried posting a graph to compare the number of units over time and, it failed. No one will be able to mine 20 mil BitBars in half a year. If you truly graphed both plots, the steep jump at the beginning would have been insignificant due to the fact that you are "zooming out" on the graph.
r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:41:31 PM

67 Posts and people dislike subSTRATA already. I just realized that o.o Anyways, say what you want sub, but to me you seem immature. You tried posting a graph to compare the number of units over time and, it failed. No one will be able to mine 20 mil BitBars in half a year. If you truly graphed both plots, the steep jump at the beginning would have been insignificant due to the fact that you are "zooming out" on the graph.

Up to this point, I was thinking you are playing retarded in order to make suckers buy into scamcoins you and alikes are promoting but now I'm sure you are retarded.

It's easy to sound smart when you keep erasing your old posts.  Wink
r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:49:46 PM

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:bitcointalk.org+subSTRATA

Posts that mattered were quoted, other posts did not differ much but somehow they were not quoted.  Cry

Still, my quote applies the same.  Wink
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:51:50 PM

Dinosaur shit is rare and fetches a high price.  Doesn't change the fact that it is still shit.

http://m.discoverychannel.com/tv-shows/auction-kings/videos/auction-kings-strange-stuff/pricey-poop
zdarkazn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:54:18 PM

Up to this point, I was thinking you are playing retarded in order to make suckers buy into scamcoins you and alikes are promoting but now I'm sure you are retarded.

Totally ignores my comment about his graph. gg.
justabitoftime

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:05:36 PM

You make the industry look like a bunch of nerds hanging out in their parent's basement.

GSnak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:16:28 PM

Most of the addresses that received a lot of blocks after coin launch have already been divested. The premined blocks are here. I don't think anybody's going to flood the market if it's ever launched on a major exchange, certainly no more than when FTC hit BTC-e. Also, calling people names on the Internet means you already lost.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: