Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:20:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lending section suggestion!  (Read 719 times)
aadje93 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:51:52 AM

The lending section is infested with people who try to scam money or are just too lazy to read the forum rules or use the forum search function about the no collateral no loan rules.
Is it not possible that newbies who are making a loan request will get some short op popup or need to read and understand this rule and then click some checkbox before the post will be submitted maybe this will help to clean this section or at least reduce the loan spam?

Sorry if this got suggested or asked in the past but it would be a very nice idea to implement a such feature

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 05:08:46 AM

The lending section is infested with people who try to scam money or are just too lazy to read the forum rules or use the forum search function about the no collateral no loan rules.
Is it not possible that newbies who are making a loan request will get some short op popup or need to read and understand this rule and then click some checkbox before the post will be submitted maybe this will help to clean this section or at least reduce the loan spam?

Sorry if this got suggested or asked in the past but it would be a very nice idea to implement a such feature
Yeah, I kind of agree with your suggestion, as I see these no-collateral loans flying around all the time and that is getting quite annoying.

Btw, a lot of people (like me) never read checkboxes, so a pop-up is probably better..

Regards,
-Trump

apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 05:52:27 AM

It's a nice idea and I think that it should be easy(?) to implement for the forum devs.
The message may come at the top of textArea similarly like we have for Posting on older threads or the message that tells that someone posted a reply while the user was typing.

BTW, there is a sticky thread already on the board, but newbies, especially with the intention to scam, don't even read it and end up getting red tagged.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3051

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 05:59:58 AM

Yeah, I kind of agree with your suggestion, as I see these no-collateral loans flying around all the time and that is getting quite annoying.

Hey, I made my living reporting those scammers.   Grin

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
aadje93 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:16:41 AM

Sorry vod if this will take away your side job :p

Panda Trump

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 06:47:35 PM

How are you making money from that? People tip you? That pays well?

Jemzx00

Activity: 1470
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 11:05:16 PM

LOL, he's ain't earning anything from reporting those scammers on the lending board but rather he help the community to let everyone know that the loan request is a scam.
By the way, Possible Scam aren't moderated which has been posted in the Rules on bitcointalk.
Another thing, I think the possibility of these feature your asking to be approved will be very low.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Panda Trump

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 02:44:06 PM

LOL, he's ain't earning anything from reporting those scammers on the lending board but rather he help the community to let everyone know that the loan request is a scam.
By the way, Possible Scam aren't moderated which has been posted in the Rules on bitcointalk.
Another thing, I think the possibility of these feature your asking to be approved will be very low.

Then why did he say "I made my living reporting those scammers"? It means that he earns his income by reporting scammers. If he meant like "my life only consists outof reporting scammers", it would indeed mean what you're trying to say.

By the way, we know that scams aren't moderated, but that is because it is too much work to investigate each scam case... But this is just a 1-time effort to add which would permanently benefit Bitcointalk.

Regards,
Trump

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:12:10 PM

The lending section is infested with people who try to scam money
And infested with signature campaign spammers who repeatedly post the same shit,"no collateral no loan" or something along those lines.

It has been previously suggested to restrict newbies from opening threads in the lending section. Apparently there are a few exceptions who have genuine loan requests.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3051

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 08:49:24 PM

Then why did he say "I made my living reporting those scammers"? It means that he earns his income by reporting scammers. If he meant like "my life only consists outof reporting scammers", it would indeed mean what you're trying to say.

Poor choice of words I guess.  I meant I made my REPUTATION reporting those scammers. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: