Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:33:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PIECOIN REBOOT  (Read 66945 times)
AltcoinPortfolio

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:37:27 PM

Update: In the development process I realized that not many people will want their transactions to be followed by anyone typing their publically known social media username in the explorer.

This changes things, but in a good way.

Following features:

- 84 million PIE hardcap
- Anonymous transactions on the blockchain
- Social media username transactions only known to sender and receiver
- Masternodes to host nodes, but we may need to have another vote on the size
- Virtual company: Fully secure instant transactions through mobile and web wallets with low fee structure, maybe 0.2%
- Revenue sharing with masternodes (masternodes get 20% for simply hosting the node)

Participation in the virtual company is via investment. Investors receive 50% of gross revenue according to their investment share. The rest is used as a development fund to secure the long term success of PIE. Investors get to vote on expenditures/other company issues according to their investment in %.

If you are interested, please PM me with the amount of BTC you would be interested in investing (non-binding). This is to know how much interest there is. Further details will be shared with those who send PM with BTC. Messages without BTC amount will be discarded.

On the blockchain, the following steps will be taken independent of this virtual company:

- Hardcap 84 million PIE: implementation in progress
- Masternodes: we are expecting a quote for the price of programming this week. Masternodes will have a public and private key (not private key of coins, but for masternode only). This is to ensure that safety is guaranteed when hosting a masternode on a server. Coins can be held in cold storage. New vote on size of masternode is possible (depending on feedback)

Discussion here on ANN is welcome!

I am discussing with myself Wink Feel free to jump in any time. It will be a good idea to pay the programmer of wallets (virtual company) with PIE. So you can invest some PIE to make the value of your remaining PIE go up and earn a profit share of future revenue. It's a really fair deal I think. So PM with PIE also possible....

The best solution would probably be that we have the hardcap on coins (84 million) and implement the 100k masternodes on the blockchain. The existing PC wallet could function as such and the masternodes with public key/private key set up on servers as nodes.

Masternodes would have no direct revenue share. They would enjoy their value going up with the price of PIE. Incentive through price appreciation.

We could then facilitate an escrow service where entire masternodes could be traded. This could be done without heavily influencing open market price of PIE and we could get strong hands holding PIE in the long run. Pumpers and dumpers could naturally choose to dump their PIE in the open market also.
faxxer

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:43:14 PM

We will need a whale on this, frankly speaking we will need a very good investor here to make this coin succeed.

P/S: still hodl and trust this coin Cheesy
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:00:30 PM

We will need a whale on this, frankly speaking we will need a very good investor here to make this coin succeed.

You are probably right. At least there is a lunch for the whale though. They could purchase 10% of PIE for 7 BTC on the open market right now and then earn a large portion of all transaction revenue with further investment.
aarell

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 05:49:44 AM

You are probably right. At least there is a lunch for the whale though. They could purchase 10% of PIE for 7 BTC on the open market right now and then earn a large portion of all transaction revenue with further investment.
Piecoin address for donation. Is Pikku still with this project.
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 08:21:02 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2017, 09:38:06 AM by AltcoinPortfolio

Pikku is no longer active.

The masternode payment needs to be done in BTC. I will set up an escrow once I receive the quote from the programmer.

If you want to donate to my work the PIE address is: PApHqtQmeH9gm7MYoWT6dhovcVGSPcscFF
aarell

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 11:52:49 AM

The masternode payment needs to be done in BTC. I will set up an escrow once I receive the quote from the programmer.

If you want to donate to my work the PIE address is: PApHqtQmeH9gm7MYoWT6dhovcVGSPcscFF
Ok, I will pm you after done.
cylxj88

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 12:00:08 PM

this is my first look at all of this PIECOIN but it sounds great , going to invest and see what haapens
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 12:07:37 PM

this is my first look at all of this PIECOIN but it sounds great , going to invest and see what haapens

Welcome!
mdodong

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 01:29:12 PM

Looks good and I love how the conmunity comes together to make this happen. Will invest time and coins for this.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
muradpur

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 01:58:25 PM

Update: In the development process I realized that not many people will want their transactions to be followed by anyone typing their publically known social media username in the explorer.

Following features:

- 84 million PIE hardcap
- Virtual company: Fully secure instant transactions through mobile and web wallets with low fee structure, maybe 0.2%
- Revenue sharing with masternodes (masternodes get 20% for simply hosting the node)

Participation in the virtual company is via investment. Investors receive 50% of gross revenue according to their investment share. The rest is used as a development fund to secure the long term success of PIE. Investors get to vote on expenditures/other company issues according to their investment in %.

If you are interested, please PM me with the amount of BTC you would be interested in investing (non-binding). This is to know how much interest there is. Further details will be shared with those who send PM with BTC. Messages without BTC amount will be discarded.

On the blockchain, the following steps will be taken independent of this virtual company:

- Masternodes: we are expecting a quote for the price of programming this week. Masternodes will have a public and private key (not private key of coins, but for masternode only). This is to ensure that safety is guaranteed when hosting a masternode on a server. Coins can be held in cold storage. New vote on size of masternode is possible (depending on feedback)

hi, i want to know when will it reach 84 million and after no POs staking anymore.
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:25:42 PM

Following features:

- 84 million PIE hardcap

hi, i want to know when will it reach 84 million and after no POs staking anymore.

Hi, Staking will take place until the total amount of coins (84 million) is reached. Currently we have around 74 million coins. The POS reward will go down from 20% annually in 5% increments as we approach the total. On average there are around 45 million coins staking, so it will take a longer period. This is good for PIE holders as we implement masternodes.
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:26:30 PM

Looks good and I love how the conmunity comes together to make this happen. Will invest time and coins for this.

Appreciated!
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:43:06 PM

I have received a total of 2500 PIE (~$2.5) as donations. So I guess this is just business. That's fine. Good that everything is clear.
muradpur

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:50:58 PM

Following features:

- 84 million PIE hardcap

Hi, Staking will take place until the total amount of coins (84 million) is reached. Currently we have around 74 million coins. The POS reward will go down from 20% annually in 5% increments as we approach the total. On average there are around 45 million coins staking, so it will take a longer period. This is good for PIE holders as we implement masternodes.

thank you...  so after 84 million , there will be no extra coin as long as this coin survive! and no more POS. i am new to this coin and i think it has a bright future.
aarell

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:13:10 AM

I have received a total of 2500 PIE (~$2.5) as donations. So I guess this is just business. That's fine. Good that everything is clear.
Sorry missed one zero will correct it now.
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:04:09 AM

Sorry missed one zero will correct it now.

Thanks!
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:46:48 AM

Update next steps:

Currently we are waiting for the programmer to send a quote for implementation of 100k masternodes with public/private keys. The block explorer is also being updated.

Once this is completed, I will post a development BTC address (escrow). Depending on the funds received to this escrow address, we will then carry out the following steps (in this order):

1. Programming of Android wallet with basic functions: Send / Receive / Balance / Transaction History / Contacts. This wallet will connect to the network and not store the blockchain. It is for end users.

2. Create a new website for PIE on the domain http://piecoin.life.

3. Improve design aspects (graphics etc.) of all elements.

PIE stakeholders can make this coin succeed.

Donations for my work can be sent my PIE address: PApHqtQmeH9gm7MYoWT6dhovcVGSPcscFF
TronQuix

Activity: 306
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:15:22 PM

Update next steps:

Currently we are waiting for the programmer to send a quote for implementation of 100k masternodes with public/private keys. The block explorer is also being updated.

Once this is completed, I will post a development BTC address (escrow). Depending on the funds received to this escrow address, we will then carry out the following steps (in this order):

1. Programming of Android wallet with basic functions: Send / Receive / Balance / Transaction History / Contacts. This wallet will connect to the network and not store the blockchain. It is for end users.

2. Create a new website for PIE on the domain http://piecoin.life.

3. Improve design aspects (graphics etc.) of all elements.

PIE stakeholders can make this coin succeed.

Donations for my work can be sent my PIE address: PApHqtQmeH9gm7MYoWT6dhovcVGSPcscFF

I will address some of this in the Slack, I have some questions in regards to the web stuff!
Pikku

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:00:56 PM

Hello together, I just wanted to tell you that I am back again. Just made a donation to the address above for the great work of AltcoinPortfolio.

I am so sorry for not being here for so long... and I have a very bad conscious about that, really!
This had nothing to do with PieCoin, there were some private problems which kept me away from the net for some weeks.

But now it is so great to see what a cool, lovely community has grown, with people investing so much time and power (and maybe some btc) for making PIEs successful.

After reading all the posts I will give you an overview of what I think about all the actions and suggestions of the last few weeks and what I maybe can still do.

I'll be back in 1-2 hours, greets to all, Pikku
Pikku

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:00:59 PM

Hello everybody,

now that I have read all the posts here and all the messages in the WhatsApp group, I would like to tell you my opinion about a few aspects of the ongoing development of PieCoin and all what I have read so far:

I just realized that @AltcoinPortfolio has done a lot of work and has taken over a kind of a leadership here.
I am glad about that because I am not able to fulfill such a role. In an earlier post (maybe in the old thread) I wrote that PieCoin does not need a leader, it is the community keeping it strong. Now I see that I was just weak and the combination of a great community and a guy who cares for it regularly is obviously the best!

There was so much to read for me the last 3 hours here and at the WhatsApp group...
So many suggestions, so many actions, so much support...

And I realized that this community is very special - helping each other and just communicate about what would be good to do and how to reach it.
This is a great community and it is so good to see this all after being absent for a few weeks.
If you compare this thread with the XBY thread for example you will see the difference.

I am really sorry for being away for such a long time and I realized that some updates to piecoin.net would be cool.
At least the link to this forum thread should be updated, I will do it tomorrow.

And now, for to make it short (have to sleep soon) my short opinion about the roadmap:

- Android Wallet: would be great and should have a preference (but it's not easy as I saw the prices at the WhatsApp group)
- Web Wallet: would be cool (same as above)
- Social Sending: in my opinion is a dream which we can follow - but if you tell a dev: 'please implement social sending for facebook etc.' I am quite sure that the most of them don't even have a plan of what has to be done to realize that.

- Masternodes: I am not sure if all of you talking about the same thing. I just read about it, found out that Dash and XBY are using Masternodes but it's very complicated. This guide explains how to run a Masternode for the Dash Coin:

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/TAO%27S+SETUP+GUIDE+FOR+DUMMIES+12.1

Please take a look at that - I don't think normal users will ever set up a master node.
So please let's focus at Android and Web Wallet.

I will give a more detailed explanation of the Masternode concept at the coming weekend.

So what I am doing now:
I will keep trying to compile the Windows Wallet with actual server nodes (still sucks).
At the Mac Wallet there have been problems - I will look at that.
I will update the code at the repository with the actual server nodes.
Keeping two static server nodes running.
Never selling any PIEs - still holding my! Never sold in the last weeks.

It is late for me now, I would like to thank you all for building up this great community and having so much patience and love!!!

All said for today, cu Pikku

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: