Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:29:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So i want to start investing in the cryptocurrency market...  (Read 653 times)
namethathasntbeentaken (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

update : namewastaken

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:11:50 AM

First of all, let me introduce myself.

I'm a newcryptoenthusiast, electrical engineering student (aka broke) from Brazil (aka specially broke beause my country's economy has gone to shit) with some aspirations to participate in this cool bubble (sarcasm) called the cryptocurrency market..

So i've been reading and reading and reading about altcoins and i actually found some interesting stuff, but i have no idea on how to start investing in them (??).

I've been particularly interested in maidsafe,lunyr and stratis, so here are some questions and if you guys could answer them to me or point me to a specific direction...that would be insanely appreciated!!

What should i do first to start buying coins/tokens?
What is the best platform to exchange currency and trade coins?
I've noticed that poloniex and kraken show some disparities in the value of some coins, why is that?
What's the difference between tokens and coins?
Where should i keep my coins/tokens?

Thank you and sorry about my grammar errors, english is not my native language but i hope some of it could be understood.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol  ●  Available on Bisq.io
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PranDoW

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:20:04 AM

I can say one thing, do not invest all the money in a specific altcoins. It is better to invest in several and wait for the result. Before invest  you need to analyze the currency, where it will grow. The forum is full of information, where people share their experiences. It's a long process, but you'll succeed, good luck!
namethathasntbeentaken (OP)

Activity: 150

update : namewastaken

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:33:48 AM

I can say one thing, do not invest all the money in a specific altcoins. It is better to invest in several and wait for the result. Before invest  you need to analyze the currency, where it will grow. The forum is full of information, where people share their experiences. It's a long process, but you'll succeed, good luck!
I sincerely mean it when i say that my capital to invest is low.. i'm thinking about making several small investments within periods of time, hoping that some of them payoff after a while, and then start to invest some more $$.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol  ●  Available on Bisq.io
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:37:39 AM

I've noticed that poloniex and kraken show some disparities in the value of some coins, why is that?
Register on exchange
There is no best, you must choose for urself, there is bitstamp, kraken, btc-e, poloniex and bitfinex most popular ones international exchanges
depends on many factors, mostly on how hard is to deposit/withdraw FIAT
token/coins are smilir terms, describing generally a name of cryptocurrency value/measure amount
for sure not in online wallet, use some software wallet where YOU have full control over ur funds
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:02:42 AM

To purchase Altcoins, you will need some investment in bitcoin. You can purchase altcoins at various exchanges like yobit, cryptopia, etc.. Trading means purchasing any coin at low price and selling it when the price hike up.
Yes, as per you say tgere are some price variations at different platforms.
Thats because of different trade volume. But the difference is not big. You can purchase altcoins and hold them untill they grow up. You can de some research on a particular coin before purchasing it
Vika0170

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:59:31 PM

First i want to said, Dont put all your money in one basket. you have to put your money in separate basket i mean currency. You have mentioned you bought Lun, its a great crypto of this year. If my prediction isn't wrong, It will be 20$ in the 2018. Just hold your coin.

Yes, you need to keep coins in different assets. This will reduce possible risks. And the second important rule is always to follow the news and be able to analyze them. If you do not know how, then read the analysis of experienced traders
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:35:26 PM

Diversification is key,  you are not going to get every single prediction right but as long as most of them are you could be making a lot of money in this past months you could have made as much as ten times your original investment which is a lot.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:06:43 PM

First of all, let me introduce myself.

I'm a newcryptoenthusiast, electrical engineering student (aka broke) from Brazil (aka specially broke beause my country's economy has gone to shit) with some aspirations to participate in this cool bubble (sarcasm) called the cryptocurrency market..

So i've been reading and reading and reading about altcoins and i actually found some interesting stuff, but i have no idea on how to start investing in them (??).

I've been particularly interested in maidsafe,lunyr and stratis, so here are some questions and if you guys could answer them to me or point me to a specific direction...that would be insanely appreciated!!

Thank you and sorry about my grammar errors, english is not my native language but i hope some of it could be understood.

First of all, are you going to just hold onto these coins long term or are you going to trade them back and forth? If you are going to hold the coins long term you want to store them on a digital wallet, you need to save multiple copies of the wallet(backups).

If you are looking to trade back and forth you have to leave your coins on an exchange which can be dangerous. If the exchange gets hacked you can lose everything you have there so you need to be careful. Many exchanges have been hacked in some way or in a large way.

Only buy what you can afford to lose. Make sure you buy different alt coins and don't just buy one or two or three, buy like 10 different coins. Buy some safe investments like BTC/ETH/LTC/XRP and then feel free to choose some other coin(most other coins are completely shit just so you know). More other coins are scams that go nowhere.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:53:27 PM

-Start with your own money just small amount is enough to start making your test and learn how trading works.

Much better to check this site coinmarketcap.com where you can see almost all altcoin.. for me my opinion much better to go in top 20 altcoin

Don't honestly.

Never test with tokens if you found a website offering a tokens for testing you should try and learn something..

For coins i think either stay your coins in exchange site or make your own wallet to hold your coins..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 07:01:29 PM

I really like Bittrex. Poloniex is a no-go for me and I'm not sure about Kraken... But Bittrex is the best exchange as far as I know.

Anyways, I also just started to invest in cryptocurrencies and I've made profit now already (0 loss yet!).

You can either take a risk to potentially make a lot of money through investing in altcoins you think will rise soon...

Or you can look at the difference in price between "Ask" and "Bid" on Bittrex and exploit this difference. Be careful with this, as things can change all of a sudden, but normally it should be a decently safe way of investing... It's low-profit though...  Cry

I'm doing both Smiley

Regards,
-Trump

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: