Bitcoin Forum
August 14, 2018, 02:45:24 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING! Bitcoin will soon block small transaction outputs  (Read 58131 times)
johnblaze

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:17:44 AM

Not the free market, if this was true, then we never have panic sells, that drive the price down. Also no bots would make money. Trust me, I know this stuff, the market is dumb in reactions to certain events.

trust him^^^

he KNOWS his stuff.

LOL:

"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Java, PHP, HTML/CSS Programmer for Hire!

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 06:32:10 AM

Not the free market, if this was true, then we never have panic sells, that drive the price down. Also no bots would make money. Trust me, I know this stuff, the market is dumb in reactions to certain events.

trust him^^^

he KNOWS his stuff.

LOL:

"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well instead of just insulting my intelligences maybe you can actually make an argument of why I am wrong... but you can't do that so you just result to being a reply that adds nothing but a couple of lines. If your working on that post count, then you are doing it right.

Want to earn 2500 SATOSHIS per hour? Come Chat and Chill in https://goseemybits.com/lobby
johnblaze

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:33:15 AM

no argument is needed when you make such a broad, general statement like that and pass it off as truth

edit/
but i guess since you want me to just trust you, fine, i'll take your word for it.

after all, you know this stuff.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 06:39:06 AM

no argument is needed when you make such a broad, general statement like that and pass it off as truth

edit/
but i guess since you want me to just trust you, fine, i'll take your word for it.

after all, you know this stuff.

No please we are all waiting for you to some how to prove me wrong. I know I am waiting, but you are still working on that post count right.

Johnblaze, will not add anything to this thread, that would prove me otherwise wrong, but since he is an idiot he try to be a troll, which is failing at. So yeah, thanks for playing JohnBlaze. Better Luck next time. Wink

Want to earn 2500 SATOSHIS per hour? Come Chat and Chill in https://goseemybits.com/lobby
johnblaze

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:46:38 AM

The market is dumb, their is a few really smart people in the market, but for the most part, as a whole the market is dumb.

the market is not dumb. the market is always right.

you should refrain from calling other people dumb when you don't know the difference between "there" and "their"

stick to programming. perhaps you actually do know about that stuff. but then again, probably not, since you're for hire. good coders are hard to come by and usually locked up
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 06:51:12 AM

The market is dumb, their is a few really smart people in the market, but for the most part, as a whole the market is dumb.

you should refrain from calling other people dumb when you don't know the difference between "there" and "their"

stick to programming. perhaps you actually do know about that stuff.

Thanks for just insulting me, yet you have not prove that any of my statement is wrong. So when does that happen? Also I wasn't calling anyone person dumb, I was calling a collective group dumb, so yeah. Also what does my grammar have to do with any of the correctness my statements?

Dude now your just grabbing at things that is making you look stupid. You have not said why any of my statements are false. I guess your just a follower, one person chimes in then you get behind them. Like the friend to the bully that yells out "Yeah fight". So I am calling you out, prove my statement is wrong. If you can't do that then I think you should leave, go back to the newbie thread, it maybe more your style.

johnblaze

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:58:53 AM

gweedo, why are you so mad pal?

just because someone else corrected you before me, doesn't make me a follower. if i had read your ridiculousness before the other guy, then i would have been the leader and corrected you first.

the people most afraid that their beliefs are wrong are always the ones screaming the loudest that they are right
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 07:02:05 AM

gweedo, why are you so mad pal?

just because someone else corrected you before me, doesn't make me a follower. if i had read your ridiculousness before the other guy, then i would have been the leader and corrected you first.

the people most afraid that their beliefs are wrong are always the ones screaming the loudest that they are right

I am not mad at all, but you claim I am wrong, so I want you to prove me wrong, which you still haven't done. Which to lead me to believe you just said with no information. I am not screaming at all, I made a statement, that is all, no screaming LOL Let me get a soapbox so I can scream louder.

johnblaze

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:05:31 AM

since you claim the market is dumb, then i suppose you claim that you know more than the market?

if thats the case, then surely you're willing to place a wager based on your superior knowledge
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 07:07:16 AM

since you claim the market is dumb, then i suppose you claim that you know more than the market?

if thats the case, then surely you're willing to place a wager based on your superior knowledge

So what the wager.

johnblaze

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:08:07 AM

So what the wager.

you're the one with the supposed knowledge, throw out your offer

i'll take the collective knowledge of the millions of dollars on Gox vs whatever knowledge you claim to have while you collect your 0.005 btc advertising fee for a listing on your homepage
jdillon

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:10:31 AM

gweedo and johnblaze: Take your silly fight elsewhere and don't clog up this important discussion.

Thank you.
johnblaze

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:12:57 AM

apologies. he keeps making demands because he is so insecure about his position.

i have no problem ending. good day
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 07:15:24 AM

So what the wager.

you're the one with the supposed knowledge, throw out your offer

i'll take the collective knowledge of the millions of dollars on Gox vs whatever knowledge you claim to have while you collect your 0.005 btc advertising fee for a listing on your homepage

First you say you have a wager, now you want me to set it up LOL I am done with you. And what does my sites have anything to do with this? Also that site is part of a partnership so you better think twice before dissing it, you may piss someone off that you may want to work with.

apologies. he keeps making demands because he is so insecure about his position.

i have no problem ending. good day

Nice deflection but I remember this starting cause you called one of my statements false with no information, that is all I am asking. Show me research and prove me wrong.

gweedo and johnblaze: Take your silly fight elsewhere and don't clog up this important discussion.

Thank you.

Go read it isn't off-topic otherwise report it, that is why we have mods.

bonker

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:16:57 AM

This is Satoshi critics to existing system Bitcoin should be opposite to. They breaking the Bible.

Completely non-reversible transactions are not really possible, since financial institutions cannot avoid mediating disputes. The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions, and there is a broader cost in the loss of ability to make non-reversible payments for non-reversible services.

From one patch to another, Bitcoin becomes what they try to get rid off.

hmm...

bitcoin BECOMES what they TRY to get rid off

BITCOIN becomes what they try to GET RID off

bitcoin becomes WHAT they try to GET RID OFF

....no, I still don't understand this phrase

Pies
roy7

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:21:44 AM

If you have a 0.0000001 output but it would cost 100x as much in fees to spend it would you spend it?  Of course not.  Kinda like mailing a penny (at a cost of $0.46) to your bank to apply to your mortgage principal.  Nobody does that it doesn't make economical sense.  So these uneconomically outputs are likely NEVER going to be spent.  Each one that is produced won't be spent and thus won't be pruned and will remain in the UXTO forever (or a very long time on average) this is causing the UXTO to bloat and will continue to bloat as there is no reason for anyone to ever spend these outputs (and spending is what allows an output to be pruned).

Perhaps it's time for the official bitcoin-qt client to support an auto sweep of inputs into a single transaction  back to yourself on a regular basis. I've seen other threads where people discuss their techniques for doing this manually, but to my knowledge no client automates it yet.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:48:39 AM

This is Satoshi critics to existing system Bitcoin should be opposite to. They breaking the Bible.

Completely non-reversible transactions are not really possible, since financial institutions cannot avoid mediating disputes. The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions, and there is a broader cost in the loss of ability to make non-reversible payments for non-reversible services.

hmm...

its simple: Bitcoin becomes what they try to get rid off.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
dree12
Legendary

Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:52:10 PM

hmm...

its simple: Bitcoin becomes what they try to get rid off.

Maybe if of were used right, this phrase would be more understandable.

Plus the terminating preposition is annoying. Try this:

Bitcoin becomes what it tried to eliminate.
scintill

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 06:42:35 PM

Thank you.

Oh, please.  Don't act like you expected reasonable informed discussion, naming the topic with "WARNING!" and "block" and an OP containing accusations about "hiding away all the debate on GitHub away from the general public", "secrecy", and scare words like "[you will] find yourself shutdown overnight" if you deal with picopayments.

There's been slightly more reasonable discussion at places like this since before you created this thread.

1SCiN5kqkAbxxwesKMsH9GvyWnWP5YK2W | donations
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:57:33 PM

Thank you.

Oh, please.  Don't act like you expected reasonable informed discussion, naming the topic with "WARNING!" and "block" and an OP containing accusations about "hiding away all the debate on GitHub away from the general public", "secrecy", and scare words like "[you will] find yourself shutdown overnight" if you deal with picopayments.

Indeed.  Since when is GitHub "hidden?" 

I also note Gavin is participating on the legitimate tech thread, just not this troll thread.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.