Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:39:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange Development [For Hire - Consultants]  (Read 1982 times)
bajanboost (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:43:50 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2013, 09:14:26 PM by bajanboost

To keep it short, we are developing an exchange for a new market and require some additional team members. We currently have a team of 7 in place but seek additional skillsets to accomplish particular tasks - the search is open as we are looking for value from persons.

Our effort is to build a complete exchange engine and order book with a clean web interface. Our goal is to build another Bitstamp, but for our market.

Duration of the project is estimated at 6 month
Payment can be via BTC, Paypal or Wire Transfer -

Edited: Added more details and made my position clear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aantonop

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 08:27:23 PM

The market only has 5-6 poorly implemented exchanges, developed in secret by people without financial services or security knowledge.

Let's make ANOTHER one! YAY!

Have a look at the buttercoin effort to build a scalable exchange. Or look at commercial exchange trading engines, order management engines, market data engines etc.

Please don't reinvent another square wheel, we have several already, they only serve to hurt bitcoin.

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
bajanboost (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:04:38 PM

The market only has 5-6 poorly implemented exchanges, developed in secret by people without financial services or security knowledge.

Have a look at the buttercoin effort to build a scalable exchange. Or look at commercial exchange trading engines, order management engines, market data engines etc.

Please don't reinvent another square wheel, we have several already, they only serve to hurt bitcoin.

Our team is very competent consisting of all the members required to make an efficient and secure system. I am also a follower of buttercoin and many other projects alike (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87836.0). I am looking to expand my team and anyone willing to be part of a pay-for-work scenario is welcome to bring their value to the table... hence the point of my post. The open source initiatives are great, but bounties are too low to attract dedicated programming resources in a timely fashion with a fixed path of execution. Does that explain my position better?

"Please don't reinvent another square wheel, we have several already, they only serve to hurt bitcoin." - Really? Come on guy, behave.
ASICPool

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:14:24 PM

Our team is very competent consisting of all the members required to make an efficient and secure system. I am also a follower of buttercoin and many other projects alike (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87836.0). I am looking to expand my team and anyone willing to be part of a pay-for-work scenario is welcome to bring their value to the table... hence the point of my post. The open source initiatives are great, but bounties are too low to attract dedicated programming resources in a timely fashion with a fixed path of execution. Does that explain my position better?

"Please don't reinvent another square wheel, we have several already, they only serve to hurt bitcoin." - Really? Come on guy, behave.

I support this. Good luck and if your looking for any sort of support team, hmu
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:19:02 PM

Nicely put, also why are you not in #bitcoin-assets

our goal is to build another Bitstamp,

Listen boy, bitstamp sucks, hard, why would one want to make another one? Its an example of how it shouldn't be done. There, consultancy for free.

aantonop

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 09:39:47 PM

Well, that's a whole different level of effort than your original message indicated, where you seemed to be trying to find a single dev to build your idea (I'm sure you've seen that a few hundred times here).

I stand corrected, applaud your effort and apologize for reacting with defensive cringe. As many others in this community, I've lost money to bad exchanges, so I am a bit sensitive ;-)

Good luck to you, the converse to my original position is: If you are indeed building a professional exchange, you will get my vocal support and my business.

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
kakobrekla

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:55:40 PM

Well, that's a whole different level of effort than your original message indicated, where you seemed to be trying to find a single dev to build your idea (I'm sure you've seen that a few hundred times here).

I stand corrected, applaud your effort and apologize for reacting with defensive cringe. As many others in this community, I've lost money to bad exchanges, so I am a bit sensitive ;-)

Good luck to you, the converse to my original position is: If you are indeed building a professional exchange, you will get my vocal support and my business.

Omg, do you realize that gox and stamp and all the other jackasses think that they are very competent too? Also disregard my question to you from the previous post.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:56:48 PM

See here.

And yes, there's one of you ninnies a week. Here's the last one. He - like you - was never heard from again.

They really should be making mmorpgs instead. Which is what they were "doing" before Bitcoin anyway. Dern kids....

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
bajanboost (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:53:36 PM

Small issues friend. We are attempting to make our exchange very reputable. I don't see value this year, but 10 years down the road when crypto-currencies are truly the trend. Our vision is to build a long lasting product for our market - We need a good team to do that.
bajanboost (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:58:15 PM

Nicely put, also why are you not in #bitcoin-assets

our goal is to build another Bitstamp,

Listen boy, bitstamp sucks, hard, why would one want to make another one? Its an example of how it shouldn't be done. There, consultancy for free.

I should have been clear on the aspect of the design and basic functionality - I think bitstamp is a clean interface but you are right, they have their flaws. Engine wise, I'd look towards the process MtGox is taking on and the partnerships they have forged with various companies to increase their survival (see: Prolexic partnership).
kakobrekla

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:16:23 PM

I should have been clear on the aspect of the design and basic functionality - I think bitstamp is a clean interface but you are right, they have their flaws. Engine wise, I'd look towards the process MtGox is taking on and the partnerships they have forged with various companies to increase their survival (see: Prolexic partnership).

Yea yea you are missing the big picture. Sit back, learn, come back 1 year.

bajanboost (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:45:55 AM

Yea yea you are missing the big picture. Sit back, learn, come back 1 year.
Ok buddy!
aantonop

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 03:21:54 AM

Oh well, I retract my previous confidence. If you look on MtGox as anything other than a horrible warning of rank incompetence, you really should re-consider.

MtGox is exactly what we need less. Their business practices are terrible, their communication strategy could be run better by my cat and their clownish attempts to address technical issues they can't begin to understand are a perfect example of why this is not a business for beginners. MtGox thinks architecture is something involving marble columns of the Ionic style.

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
kakobrekla

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:48:29 AM

Oh well, I retract my previous confidence. If you look on MtGox as anything other than a horrible warning of rank incompetence, you really should re-consider.

MtGox is exactly what we need less. Their business practices are terrible, their communication strategy could be run better by my cat and their clownish attempts to address technical issues they can't begin to understand are a perfect example of why this is not a business for beginners. MtGox thinks architecture is something involving marble columns of the Ionic style.

No no, its ok buddy!

Roll Eyes

bajanboost (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:11:35 PM

Sigh - please do suggest an exchange which is in your eyes perfect and matching the criteria you wish to have? I am curious what you think is the best and what you use daily
bajanboost (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:18:21 PM

No no, its ok buddy!

Roll Eyes

So is this what you do? Sit on forums daily being a cnut? From what I can see you don't offer anything of substance, only sarcasm, negativity, speculation and doubt which is exactly the opposite of what a thriving community need. Do you know where we are at with our project? Do you know who our investors, team members or advisors are? Do you know what agreements we have in place with the banking and government bodies? No, you don't - so why don't you quit your negative nancy bullshit and put some of your precious knowledge towards doing something good on these forums?
kakobrekla

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:33:56 PM

Sigh - please do suggest an exchange which is in your eyes perfect and matching the criteria you wish to have? I am curious what you think is the best and what you use daily

I'll answer for him: does not exist (yet) and no, you wont be the one doing it.

So is this what you do? Sit on forums daily being a cnut?
If cnut means injecting reality into forums, yep.

From what I can see you don't offer anything of substance, only sarcasm, negativity, speculation and doubt which is exactly the opposite of what a thriving community need.
From what I can see you offer idiotism, we don't need more of that here.

Do you know where we are at with our project?
Obviously nowhere it you are planning on opening another bitstamp.

Do you know who our investors, team members or advisors are?
So your advisors advised you to get more advisors on the forum? Bad advice.

Do you know what agreements we have in place with the banking and government bodies?
How did that help bitcoin-central? (Sorry Dave, but its just an example)

No, you don't - so why don't you quit your negative nancy bullshit and put some of your precious knowledge towards doing something good on these forums?

Hey its you that came out here with all these idiot ideas, don't post them if you can't handle at least some reality. (You wont get much of that on the forums, but occasionally it happens)

bajanboost (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:00:27 AM

I'll answer for him: does not exist (yet) and no, you wont be the one doing it.

So is this what you do? Sit on forums daily being a cnut?
If cnut means injecting reality into forums, yep.

From what I can see you don't offer anything of substance, only sarcasm, negativity, speculation and doubt which is exactly the opposite of what a thriving community need.
From what I can see you offer idiotism, we don't need more of that here.

Do you know where we are at with our project?
Obviously nowhere it you are planning on opening another bitstamp.

Do you know who our investors, team members or advisors are?
So your advisors advised you to get more advisors on the forum? Bad advice.

Do you know what agreements we have in place with the banking and government bodies?
How did that help bitcoin-central? (Sorry Dave, but its just an example)

No, you don't - so why don't you quit your negative nancy bullshit and put some of your precious knowledge towards doing something good on these forums?

Hey its you that came out here with all these idiot ideas, don't post them if you can't handle at least some reality. (You wont get much of that on the forums, but occasionally it happens)

You are a very negative person - and full of assumptions. You shouldn't discourage people, but rather encourage and provide resources rather than wasting time. Thanks for hijacking my post jerk!
rpgreseller

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:06:54 AM

I worked at PlayerAuctions. I'm not a coder, but I am a dev. I specialize in user interface and user experience. (Making things better/perfect).

I am the guy that walks into a train station, seeing departure times, and realizes that a countdown would make more sense because boards are digital now, and asking people to check watches and do head-math results in missed trains.

That is what I do for your website. I see the things that 1:10,000 other developers will never notice. Then I optimize them, giving you the best train station in the world.
bajanboost (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:17:12 AM

I worked at PlayerAuctions. I'm not a coder, but I am a dev. I specialize in user interface and user experience. (Making things better/perfect).

I am the guy that walks into a train station, seeing departure times, and realizes that a countdown would make more sense because boards are digital now, and asking people to check watches and do head-math results in missed trains.

That is what I do for your website. I see the things that 1:10,000 other developers will never notice. Then I optimize them, giving you the best train station in the world.
Hey, we already have UI covered for the most part, however, check inbox!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: