Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:06:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We need to rethink the way we look at 1 BTC value...  (Read 3549 times)
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:22:36 AM

Yes that's true, even if its not 1 BTC as of now in a few years it'll be worth much so it actually is not a bad idea or goal to own less than 1 BTC.
Yes if you are having a bitcoin now at least 1 i know that someday it will be big and it will huge again. So we must think that bitcoin will be an our investment for the future. It will help us so much in the near future therefore when we have an earnings we need to save some of it so that we will have a savings for a future.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jherek

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:26:00 AM

It's not really rethinking the way we look at 1 bitcoin, but rather to revaluate bitcoin altogether. I think this would be a good idea, if it could be implemented. Even though it might seem like we are inflating the bitcoin currency base, and i'm sure that a lot of critics will try to argue this if this idea was ever going to go mainstream, the fact is that this is just a simple revaluation of bitcoin. It's no different from saying that 1 BTC is equal to 1000 mBTC, except now the mBTC is the default value.

It's extremely hard to deal with all the decimal points in bitcoin especially if you are not experienced. I have set all my wallets to bits(uBTC) and mBTC where bits aren't accepted as a value. It's purely mental, but it could make a difference. 1 BTC sounds like a small amount, but really, it's a huge amount for most of us here.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:43:14 AM

Yes that's true, even if its not 1 BTC as of now in a few years it'll be worth much so it actually is not a bad idea or goal to own less than 1 BTC.
Yes if you are having a bitcoin now at least 1 i know that someday it will be big and it will huge again. So we must think that bitcoin will be an our investment for the future. It will help us so much in the near future therefore when we have an earnings we need to save some of it so that we will have a savings for a future.
you are so funny but yes the main thing here is 1btc isn't enough if you are planning for a brighter future i guess while btc still cheap better to keep buying and hold me I'm trying to start investing again as i see that btc value will keep rising after another ath has been met more will follow.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 09:52:11 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 10:08:33 AM by deisik

It's not really rethinking the way we look at 1 bitcoin, but rather to revaluate bitcoin altogether. I think this would be a good idea, if it could be implemented. Even though it might seem like we are inflating the bitcoin currency base, and i'm sure that a lot of critics will try to argue this if this idea was ever going to go mainstream, the fact is that this is just a simple revaluation of bitcoin. It's no different from saying that 1 BTC is equal to 1000 mBTC, except now the mBTC is the default value.

It's extremely hard to deal with all the decimal points in bitcoin especially if you are not experienced. I have set all my wallets to bits(uBTC) and mBTC where bits aren't accepted as a value. It's purely mental, but it could make a difference. 1 BTC sounds like a small amount, but really, it's a huge amount for most of us here.

I strongly support this view

Decimals are hard to deal with, this is what I've been telling myself a few times. But the "denomination reform" you are talking about right now doesn't make a lot of sense due to insane fees. Ironically, just like 1000 new bitcoins equal to 1 old bitcoins would make Bitcoin look somewhat "cheaper" (this is purely nominal but still), the fees, on the contrary, would look "dearer". Say, today you pay like 0.001 BTC per transaction (which seems like not a big deal, at least, purely psychologically) but tomorrow you will have to pay a whole bitcoin (in denominated bitcoins)

Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:31:58 AM

OK, so now when a newbie looks at 1 BTC says: " I will never be able to own that! Too expensive!" - yes because people are willing to have 1 coin but how about if we make people understand that even owning 0.01 BTC can bring good wealth to their lives in the near future... I mean yeah it's great to own 1 BTC or more but that doesn't mean it's not great owning 0.1 BTC right?

I've been thinking about this lately. 1 BTC should be like alot less of a value than the current price. and we have something like 1 MilliBTC or something that could be the higher value. Sorry if my explanation was not clear. English isnt my first language.
Personally I prefer to think of bitcoin in terms of mBTC than in a full bitcoin, a full bitcoin is too much valuable and it is not like when you are paying you hand out thousands and thousands of dollars, that is the way I setup my wallet to display the value in terms of mBTC instead of BTC that way I get a clearer idea of the amount of money I have in fiat with the bitcoin that I have.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: