Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:21:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We need to rethink the way we look at 1 BTC value...  (Read 3549 times)
RubyM

Activity: 60
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:27:15 AM

It doesn't matter whether owning 10 BTC or 0.1 BTC, what matters the most is the fact that you are owning a BTC, and it might happen that you make use of that 0.1 and end up having a lot. If you have 0.1BTC I consider you as being fortunate since a lot of people trying hard to get the 0.1 through faucets but yet they struggle. It takes too much effort to own 0.1BTC, consider yourself lucky if you are owning 0.1BTC

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets - https://bex.global/login

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SingAlong

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:09:42 AM

Yup, true! I have been told even buying $50 dollars worth of Bitcoin, or even $10 worth of Bitcoin is good enough to get you started into Bitcoin.

Owning at least 1 BTC now would be ideal, and its not bad owning 0.1 either, is just that the earnings you might get is not even a lot. But every newbie should not think that way, instead, they should try to earn/buy Bitcoin slowly and saving up, and I bet that isn't impossible. It just takes time. Smiley

The thing is newbies will get it in the hard way especially now that they can't do small transactions since fees will surely eat up their hard earned Bitcoin. Now that's sad. But it is not impossible since it really is feasible to achieve 1 BTC as long as you have the determination and eager to learn more as to how you will earn more.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
redbee

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:26:55 AM

crypto currency will die soon, you guys will see...
Do you have a proof for prove it, I not see an issue can kill Cryptocurrency, if Bitcoin can't fix it's problem, an Altcoin will replace it, look like ETH now!
virtualdn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:31:01 PM

You need to rethink yourself, since when 0.01 or even 0.1 could bring us wealth? you are living in a fantasy world.
Could you imagine a person holding even 10 bitcoins becoming rich in the future? I couldn't, if you want to get rich in future you need to have at least more than 50 bitcoins and stop fooling yourself.

Yes I can imagine, 10 BTC is a reasonable amount to become rich in 10-20 years.

BTC can grow up to $100,000 or even $500,000 a coin so rethink... also it depends where you live, $10,000 for many is a fortune

1 BTC = 1 BTC
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:17:52 PM

And the OP is basing their magical knowledge of what a new person is thinking based upon what?  The very first purchase that most people I know was for 1 BTC or more, perhaps you should stop basing your magic predictions on the people in your personal household.

szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:13:33 PM

And the OP is basing their magical knowledge of what a new person is thinking based upon what?  The very first purchase that most people I know was for 1 BTC or more, perhaps you should stop basing your magic predictions on the people in your personal household.

The OP has a point because not everyone sees $2,500 per Bitcoin the same way. There are poor countries and poor people all over the world who would also want to come into Bitcoin but are just discouraged just upon hearing the cost of a single Bitcoin and going forward as the prices are likely to increase even further it makes every sense to rethink again because it might lead to a class of people who will be using Bitcoin and not everyone from all social classes.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:18:10 PM

You know,most people don't like the idea of small amount like 0.xxxx,if there are zero in the front,they didn't even think about it
For the small owner of bitcoin,we should call it satoshi,like 100k satoshi or so,if using term bitcoin,it would look small and not worth it
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:29:43 PM

It's true, 1Bitcoin is not worth equaly everywhere in the world. In poor countries this is a fortune, on.some even more then one year income. And in rich countries people look totaly different at bitcoin price, for some this far less than monthly income, so differences are very big.
For people in poor countries the only profitable solution is to earn bitcoins and that can also help them financialy.

malaj
indocafe

Activity: 192
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:02:44 PM

Not directly for newbie can get 1 btc karna for beginner may only get 0,01 btc just been big enough and if want to get 1 btc for beginner or new will membutukan process in long term until 1 btc
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:13:31 PM

Everyone new to Bitcoin, will say that earning 1btc is like impossible, but every possibility of earning 1btc starts when you start get 0.001 btc, just as time goes on, with time given to it, you are already on your way of making 1btc.

Stating with buying of Bitcoin can also help reduce stress of getting 1btc.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:05:40 PM

It doesn't matter whether owning 10 BTC or 0.1 BTC, what matters the most is the fact that you are owning a BTC, and it might happen that you make use of that 0.1 and end up having a lot. If you have 0.1BTC I consider you as being fortunate since a lot of people trying hard to get the 0.1 through faucets but yet they struggle. It takes too much effort to own 0.1BTC, consider yourself lucky if you are owning 0.1BTC

I think numbers matter in BTC. since the conversion depends on the number of BTC we have.  Though I can say it takes time to earn 0.1 BTC if we cannot offer any decent skills. But if we have enough, we can set a part of the BTC earning into savings and keep them in a safe holder.  We can also buy satoshis than aiming for the whole BTC if we think that it is really expensive.
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:18:04 AM

The problem is we need to get rid of decimals. Of course 0.1 BTC = 100 mBTC but the first, in a newbie's mind, will always look like a small quantity because of the decimals. People don't like owning fractions of things, they like whole things. Also, as price grows, there will be more and more 0's after the point which will make dealing with everyday quantities a lot harder.

Under construction.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:27:41 AM

OK, so now when a newbie looks at 1 BTC says: " I will never be able to own that! Too expensive!" - yes because people are willing to have 1 coin but how about if we make people understand that even owning 0.01 BTC can bring good wealth to their lives in the near future... I mean yeah it's great to own 1 BTC or more but that doesn't mean it's not great owning 0.1 BTC right?

Droplets of water makes ocean to come to live. So owning any amount of BTC is good as the price will increase over time. However, one should keep accumulating their bitcoin and should not spend it unless an emergency. IT will certainly help that person achieve their financial dreams.

We all have started off with small fortune and with out great work and dedication, we made it big. I only started my online career with just a small earning from a signature campaign. With time, with my dedication in trading, I made it big and still going strong with my bitcoin savings. So no matter how you have started, but you have to stick around.

MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:51:05 AM

We need to think that our bitcoin is for our future use and we will never use it until the day that we will need it for an emergency use or for our retirement. It is better to save some of it for our future use and i think it is good for our lives to make it better.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 11:22:33 AM

The problem is we need to get rid of decimals. Of course 0.1 BTC = 100 mBTC but the first, in a newbie's mind, will always look like a small quantity because of the decimals. People don't like owning fractions of things, they like whole things. Also, as price grows, there will be more and more 0's after the point which will make dealing with everyday quantities a lot harder

We should first get rid of high transaction fees

Really, what's the use of fractional units if you can't work with them in any meaningful way? On the one hand, the Bitcoin price has been rising and that perfectly justifies the use of sub-Bitcoin units, but, on the other hand, the fees are rising even faster than the price itself which makes their use next to impossible in practice. In other words, Bitcoin more and more becomes elitist (like Berkshire Hathaway stock), i.e. not available to wide masses of general public. If you have to pay 1% from 0.1 BTC as fees (i.e. ~2 dollars), you may really fare better with fiat, after all

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:07:59 PM

OK, so now when a newbie looks at 1 BTC says: " I will never be able to own that! Too expensive!" - yes because people are willing to have 1 coin but how about if we make people understand that even owning 0.01 BTC can bring good wealth to their lives in the near future... I mean yeah it's great to own 1 BTC or more but that doesn't mean it's not great owning 0.1 BTC right?

True many people bulk out after hearing the prices of one Bitcoins and there so much information that people are really confused as to how they will be able to afford Bitcoins, recently when I was with friends and it was rising they were saying it is not possible to own a Bitcoin and some were like let's buy a whole Bitcoin, sensing they were confused I told them to buy in small quantities and as expected they did not know this, as not many people know this, it's important to spread the right knowledge.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:15:09 PM

The thing is newbies will get it in the hard way especially now that they can't do small transactions since fees will surely eat up their hard earned Bitcoin. Now that's sad. But it is not impossible since it really is feasible to achieve 1 BTC as long as you have the determination and eager to learn more as to how you will earn more.
Fees are not that ridiculous, they are high but if you didn't collect dust in your wallet you will manage. If you don't need to use BTC so wait for the scaling solution to be implemented.
Bitcoin upgrade which awaits us in the second half of the year hopefully will reduce fee rates significantly. Util then use bitcoin as emergency payment method only.
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:28:22 PM

I did understand op, since we are all from different countries with different jobs as well income, not all of us can get 1 btc all months, soo people are acumulating a portion of it, the thing is doing those all are saving and in the future all will be able to collect their profit accordingly the coins they have.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:29:29 PM

1 BTC has its own value and so does 0.1 or 0.001 or 0.0001 bitcoins. They are measured in satoshi just like we measure in cents. Every bits of the coin is worth something. The higher the price of bitcoins goes, more valuable those small amounts will be. Its like after few years the value of 0.1btc might be the same as the todays value of 1btc.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:32:26 PM

To the one who has the good understanding about bitcoin it's not that tedious to make him understand that a small portion of the bitcoin too is a good profiting asset. Based on what we hold the price profiting will be , and if one doesn't have even this sense then anytime he cannot be able to use bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: