Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:53:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Auction closed] 0.5 & 1 BTC funded 2014 NOLAcoin  (Read 2937 times)
Godwine (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:14:57 PM

i think u just ended the acution at a bad time and didnt bump this thread enough i hardly seen it on the first page

This ends tomorrow I thought. I've been waiting to bid.

Oh shit, yes, you are right. I ended this one day to early. How is it best to go ahead? Will it be unheard of if i revoke the winners i announced earlier, and continue the auction one more day as per the OP?
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:19:41 PM

i think u just ended the acution at a bad time and didnt bump this thread enough i hardly seen it on the first page

Oh shit, yes, you are right. I ended this one day to early. How is it best to go ahead? Will it be unheard of if i revoke the winners i announced earlier, and continue the auction one more day as per the OP?

People often mix up their end dates. The winners should have said something wondering why it was ended a day early and confirmed with you. There should be no problem running this until the specified end date
Godwine (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:44:32 PM

People often mix up their end dates. The winners should have said something wondering why it was ended a day early and confirmed with you. There should be no problem running this until the specified end date

Okey, that's good to hear. Do you think it is reasonable to extend the end time of the auction the same amount of hours the auction has been "closed" by a mistake?
teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:58:35 PM

I don't think it is needed. If anything you'll have a snipin war with people that were waiting to bid anyway
Godwine (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:35:02 PM

I don't think it is needed. If anything you'll have a snipin war with people that were waiting to bid anyway

I just want to make sure this is okey for the current winners and/or within the usual practice on this forum. So I will postpone the auction for up to 24 hours, and then open an 24 hour auction.
realediston

Activity: 277
Merit: 100

Earn it

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:39:17 PM

Hi

I am 'real' ediston. My other account is hacked. Anyways. I am ready to go with the rules.

Best regards,
Edi

digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1072

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:48:02 PM

I just want to make sure this is okey for the current winners and/or within the usual practice on this forum. So I will postpone the auction for up to 24 hours, and then open an 24 hour auction.

I'm a little confused, is the auction currently closed to bids until tomorrow when it will be re-opened?

Godwine (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:48:08 PM

Hi

I am 'real' ediston. My other account is hacked. Anyways. I am ready to go with the rules.

Best regards,
Edi

Hello ediston! Good to know. I will be opening the auction again once the other winner confirms he is okay with this.
Godwine (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:55:38 PM

I'm a little confused, is the auction currently closed to bids until tomorrow when it will be re-opened?

Yes, I feel it's fair to give current winners upto 24 hours notice until i reopen the auction for another 24 hours. I will open it once both users has confirmed they are okey with this. I don't know what's the standard procedure in these cases, please tell!, but feel like this would be the most fair way of doing it, so they can still participate if they want to.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1072

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:04:17 PM

Yes, I feel it's fair to give current winners upto 24 hours notice until i reopen the auction for another 24 hours. I will open it once both users has confirmed they are okey with this. I don't know what's the standard procedure in these cases, please tell!, but feel like this would be the most fair way of doing it, so they can still participate if they want to.

Understood, I was going off the original end time but I do see you had a mishap with incorrectly calling the auction end time.

There really is no standard procedure for these errors but I'd think in this case you're going about it right by notifying & giving all parties a fair chance.  Smiley

Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 09:33:44 AM

Do you think it is reasonable to extend the end time of the auction the same amount of hours the auction has been "closed" by a mistake?
Only the auction wasn't closed, you had ended it (in error, indeed).

There really is no standard procedure for these errors but I'd think in this case you're going about it right by notifying & giving all parties a fair chance.
I got the feeling no matter what happens, someone is going to be upset. There doesn't seem to be any version to fix this error that is fair to everyone.
If the OP stands to his mistake and honors the (arguably wrongly) announced auction wins, teeGUMES might be upset about not getting the chance to bid on these.
If the auction is opened again, we might see a bidding war and the original winners (yes, that does include me) are out of a good deal that was already finalized in most parts.

Now you're very new on this forum and your actions will decide how people perceive you and interact with you, OP.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Godwine (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:05:58 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2017, 03:26:16 PM by Godwine

Do you think it is reasonable to extend the end time of the auction the same amount of hours the auction has been "closed" by a mistake?
Only the auction wasn't closed, you had ended it (in error, indeed).

Yes, this is absolutely what I meant. I apologize if anyone was confused by my wrong use of terminology.

There really is no standard procedure for these errors but I'd think in this case you're going about it right by notifying & giving all parties a fair chance.
I got the feeling no matter what happens, someone is going to be upset. There doesn't seem to be any version to fix this error that is fair to everyone.
If the OP stands to his mistake and honors the (arguably wrongly) announced auction wins, teeGUMES might be upset about not getting the chance to bid on these.
If the auction is opened again, we might see a bidding war and the original winners (yes, that does include me) are out of a good deal that was already finalized in most parts.
Now you're very new on this forum and your actions will decide how people perceive you and interact with you, OP.

Good deal sent in PM. I’m indeed a new seller, and will go a long way to earn your trust!

The auction will shortly be opened again, running for 24 additional hours in this thread. Start and end time will be announced in a couple of hours.

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:51:01 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2017, 05:29:23 PM by Godwine

The auction is now opened for bids for another 24 hours.
The new end time is 13:00 EDT, Tuesday 20 of June 2017
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/new-york

The same conditions as original posted still applies. I’m sorry for the inconveniences the closing and reopening of this auction might have caused potential bidders. Best of luck!

The current high bids are the bids of the previously, erroneously announced winners standing at:
Unit A: 0.67 BTC – lutpin
Unit B: 1.16 BTC – ediston
greenplastic
Legendary

Activity: 1809
Merit: 1136

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:57:48 PM

Unit A: 0.7BTC
Unit B: 1.2BTC
Godwine (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 09:28:14 AM

Unit A: 0.7BTC
Unit B: 1.2BTC

Current high bid! Auction closing in about 7.5 hours.
teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 09:55:35 AM

Unit A - 0.71
Unit B - 1.21
Godwine (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:44:12 PM

Unit A - 0.71
Unit B - 1.21

Current highest bid! Auction ends in right above 3 hours.
greenplastic
Legendary

Activity: 1809
Merit: 1136

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:13:31 PM

Unit A - 0.75BTC
Unit B - 1.25BTC
realediston

Activity: 277
Merit: 100

Earn it