Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:11:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam CNC Pool by carebear  (Read 951 times)
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:19:50 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195376.0 carebear (Scammer, Created a pool and pays out trivial payments while keeping the lion's share for himself.)

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 08:30:58 AM

I dunno, on the one hand he says it isn't his pool, even in the OP, but then reading the thread a little closer it turns out, at the very least, he's being paid by the owner.

I swear it wasn't me I. It was the guy on IRC!!

I just setup his pool for him he had the linux server. He paid me 100 CNC to setup the pool and then he said he'd pay me 25 CNC per hour if I promoted this pool because he doesn't have a forum account.

He has been true to his word for paying me because I requested the CNC upfront.

Sorry guys Sad If I had my own server I would have hosted a pool, but I don't and this seemed like a good idea.

I am also mining on this pool too. Do you know any other ones?

Dumb kid who got suckered by a scammer, or a scammer? I edited the OP a few hours ago to mark it as a scam pool after carebear expressed some...moral ambiguity towards doing it himself (which is what makes me think he's just a dumb kid and not really the scammer behind the pool).

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 12:09:53 PM

I dunno, on the one hand he says it isn't his pool, even in the OP, but then reading the thread a little closer it turns out, at the very least, he's being paid by the owner.

I swear it wasn't me I. It was the guy on IRC!!

I just setup his pool for him he had the linux server. He paid me 100 CNC to setup the pool and then he said he'd pay me 25 CNC per hour if I promoted this pool because he doesn't have a forum account.

He has been true to his word for paying me because I requested the CNC upfront.

Sorry guys Sad If I had my own server I would have hosted a pool, but I don't and this seemed like a good idea.

I am also mining on this pool too. Do you know any other ones?

Dumb kid who got suckered by a scammer, or a scammer? I edited the OP a few hours ago to mark it as a scam pool after carebear expressed some...moral ambiguity towards doing it himself (which is what makes me think he's just a dumb kid and not really the scammer behind the pool).

A scammer who's been feeding off clueless people. I've binned the thread and reported to theymos as this is a clear case there. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the guy behind this scam.
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:47:25 PM

Pretty much what John said. "Yeah it wasn't me. It was some guy who paid me to do it!" lol yeah right.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
phrozenspite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 04:06:12 PM

Yeah agreed, i could've possibly believed he'd been setup until he started saying some of the things he did.  Nobody who had been deceived and was scared of losing their reputation would start spouting off like he did

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: