Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:49:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum is about to take over Bitcoin  (Read 4138 times)
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:48:48 AM

Even if ether gets a higher price and marketcap it will still be behind bitcoin in terms of adoption and trust. I dont know about others but i would prefer a crypto built in the original vision of satoshi to go mainstream instead of some ipo scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:52:16 AM

The marketcap is moving closer to Bitcoin's, the price is going up like never before. Lets give ETH some time, I can see that is about to bury Bitcoin.

Is it not in the same crypto space that we all are? Market capitalization is just an argument that makes sense to those who are very much inclined to trading and exchange details but to the million users out there who does not even know that discussions like this exist or even taking place, the only crypto currency they know exist is just bitcoin and nothing else matter this set of people are the ones that will make the difference in whether ETH will overtake or not.
jackychanxxx

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:11:26 AM

It's already very close now, it's just a matter of time.

btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:21:08 AM

It's just making the ICO companies rich at the expense of ETH holders, who now get shittokens in return.

Enjoy your shittokens. I'm happy holding ETH.
camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:21:59 AM

How can you say that, ETH is way behind BTC in terms of price and market capitalization and for ETH to take over BTC still a very long time needed.
Unknown Enforcement

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:27:19 AM

Yes it might happen but its just a bubble it cant beat bitcoin. Ethereum holders are lack in adoptors unlike bitcoins community and users. I will wait that time and watch it how it goes.
FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:03:25 PM

You never know what is th next milestone for bitcoin, may be after 2 years bitcoin's price is 6k to 7k $. Eth is going good but it takes too much time to take over bitcoin.
I just don't think that Bitcoin will reach that price any time soon..I would have believed what you said only if the price was going up and never going down

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:26:39 PM

Yeah sure, of course it is about to take over Bitcoin Cheesy

Kid, go make your homework, enough internet for you today. It's not even funny. It's ridiculous.
Surely I will do that, but only if I know what the homework is about? But if it's about the topic, then you should be the one doing your homework since I have done enough already, and I wouldn't see a need to do more.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:30:13 PM

The marketcap is moving closer to Bitcoin's, the price is going up like never before. Lets give ETH some time, I can see that is about to bury Bitcoin.
buy the end of this month Cheesy I believe
Lets say soon maybe, to avoid disappointments Wink

FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:43:08 PM

Its price is rising just because of icos. It doesn't make sense even if pass bitcoin in terms of market cap. It's market cap can easiliy melt but Bitcoin's market cap made up of stone.
And what determines the Bitcoin price to grow? We should put that point aside because if we start raising that we might not reach the conclusion

FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:50:23 PM

Even if ether gets a higher price and marketcap it will still be behind bitcoin in terms of adoption and trust. I dont know about others but i would prefer a crypto built in the original vision of satoshi to go mainstream instead of some ipo scam.
  Cool Point taken, but what is it that you are going to do when some ipo scam goes to the top?

ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:51:06 PM

Its true that the market cap of bitcoin is near to bitcoin but that doesnt mean ethereum is stronger than bitcoin.

I know that ethereum is trending and it's increasing because of the mining and people that are mining with gpus but I think that ethereum popularity will drop when they move to PoS
FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:52:37 PM

How can you say that, ETH is way behind BTC in terms of price and market capitalization and for ETH to take over BTC still a very long time needed.
Not a very long time, it might happen in two to three years

FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:02:05 PM

My point exactly...TIME

Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:08:13 PM

Yes that's right ETH is far behind BTC, maybe ETH can take over btc in the next 10-20 years, it can happen if BTC continue to experience down and abandoned. Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
dady12

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:19:00 PM

it is very true that ETH market capitalisation is near to bitcoin but this can not be the basis to accept the outcome that ETH price will be more than bitcoin remember both coins .make gains just like normal coins ETH will always be next to bitcoin but can't be more than  or replace the position of  bitcoin,as ETH  price is rising,bitcoin  price is also
ngerok

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:11:59 PM

it is very true that ETH market capitalisation is near to bitcoin but this can not be the basis to accept the outcome that ETH price will be more than bitcoin remember both coins .make gains just like normal coins ETH will always be next to bitcoin but can't be more than  or replace the position of  bitcoin,as ETH  price is rising,bitcoin  price is also
Well that's what makes me confused, but if eth prices are now up again and so are bitcoin, will ETH can compete with Bitcoin.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:27:51 PM

Eth has to get past the bad press that people put out there.  Bitcoin has its enemies, but few of those enemies are on these forums and exchanges talking.  Eth still has a strong group of people that put out claims that it is scamming, stealing and this and that.  That is the biggest thing that holds it back, whether the claims are true or not. 
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:54:47 PM

Well that's what makes me confused, but if eth prices are now up again and so are bitcoin, will ETH can compete with Bitcoin.

Another thing that would boost Eth a great deal is a comprehensice list of the faetures that are out there in Eth.  Most people know about side tokens and such, but there are many things that are in Eth that are either more easily done in Eth than Bitcoin, or not in the Bitcoin code at all.  End all that with a basic explanation about the Eth fork and Eth classic, including the differences in the coins and the members/users of Eth will grow quickly.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
konamist

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:13:59 PM

Yes that's right ETH is far behind BTC, maybe ETH can take over btc in the next 10-20 years, it can happen if BTC continue to experience down and abandoned. Grin

It won't take that long. The gap in market cap is just 25%, maybe it will happen in a few months.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: