Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:41:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 480 / 1070  (Read 2697 times)
blastifre (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:41:21 AM

Hi Guys,

Question, what is the smart move wait for the 480's or get some 1070 to mine.
I want to mine coins that have more profit that day. i don't know if a 480 can handle other coins well.
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:54:40 AM

1070 have more option for sure, with amd you are stuck there mining ETH,if ethereum sink what you will do with amd gpu? nothing, there is only monero which is not profitable, other algo are not optimized or the optimization is private

Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 09:58:58 AM

Depends on altcoin and money.
There will be no new RX 480 only RX 580.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Breesus

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:00:20 AM

1070 have more option for sure, with amd you are stuck there mining ETH,if ethereum sink what you will do with amd gpu? nothing, there is only monero which is not profitable, other algo are not optimized or the optimization is private

Care to elaborate on that part ?

hasn't AMD been the best brand overall for mining over the past years, and not just for ETH (I'm thinking aboute BTC of course, Litecoin, BOINC etc... ) ?
ComaWombat

Activity: 89
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:56:57 AM

Care to elaborate on that part ?

hasn't AMD been the best brand overall for mining over the past years, and not just for ETH (I'm thinking aboute BTC of course, Litecoin, BOINC etc... ) ?

Sure. But that's in the past before nVidia Pascal came to the market a year ago. nVidia Pascal architecture is way more energy efficient than Polaris when the GPU core is heavily utilized. If there's a good CUDA optimized miner for a certain algo, a GTX 1070 murders a Polaris with hashrate and efficiency. And of course it should since it's a more advanced and more expensive card.

BTW, mining with Polaris cards is an absolute pain in the ass with the need for bios mods to get a decent hashrate, many different memory brands which need different individual bios tweaks, the need for hdmi dummy plugs or monitors connected to the cards, tweaking with wattool, etc.
Mattthev

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 11:11:14 AM

Sure. But that's in the past before nVidia Pascal came to the market a year ago. nVidia Pascal architecture is way more energy efficient than Polaris when the GPU core is heavily utilized. If there's a good CUDA optimized miner for a certain algo, a GTX 1070 murders a Polaris with hashrate and efficiency. And of course it should since it's a more advanced and more expensive card.

BTW, mining with Polaris cards is an absolute pain in the ass with the need for bios mods to get a decent hashrate, many different memory brands which need different individual bios tweaks, the need for hdmi dummy plugs or monitors connected to the cards, tweaking with wattool, etc.
Pain? I call it fun Cheesy
That's what makes AMD for lot altcoins the best. 25% more hasrates with same or lower power usage :3

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
ComaWombat

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:53:23 PM

Pain? I call it fun Cheesy
That's what makes AMD for lot altcoins the best. 25% more hasrates with same or lower power usage :3

Could you name some of those algorithms and coins? When you compare the algos in whattomine front page, an RX480 beats a GTX 1070 only in monero.

https://i.imgur.com/WeXpUhe.png
bibyfok

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

Any 1070 achieve 30 to 32 MH/S Ether just by OCing under windows so What to mine is not accurate.
Mattthev

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 04:59:59 PM

Any 1070 achieve 30 to 32 MH/S Ether just by OCing under windows so What to mine is not accurate.
Yeah, but for the price of 1070 you can have 2x 580, that's more than 60MH/s, with Samsung memory and knowledge it could be 66MH/s.

Yeah I meant mainly Monero :3

ComaWombat

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:33:36 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 05:45:45 PM by ComaWombat

Yeah, but for the price of 1070 you can have 2x 580

I doubt there are heaps of 480/580 for sale for about 200 bucks / euros.
Mattthev

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 06:34:28 PM

Yeah, but for the price of 1070 you can have 2x 580

I doubt there are heaps of 480/580 for sale for about 200 bucks / euros.
Will be in few weeks.

fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:38:07 PM

Will be in few weeks.

Keep dreamin....

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:11:51 PM

Even if Ethereum disappeared overnight there are several alternative options based on the same algo or derivatives of it. I would buy either AMD or NVIDIA based on price and availability ... right now AMD is mostly unavailable and if available very pricey.... so there's only one option until more AMD stock hits the shelves again (might not be for a month or three, at least not in decent quantities).
Mattthev

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 07:17:12 PM

Keep dreamin....
Why would I? Last week I've bought RX 480 MSI Gaming for 228 bucks, that's half price of 1070...

gwestcot

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:26:17 PM

Keep dreamin....
Why would I? Last week I've bought RX 480 MSI Gaming for 228 bucks, that's half price of 1070...

Well not really half or anything... Depending on running sales I have seen 1070's as cheap as 349.99 in just the past couple of weeks. (not the mini's too) It doesn't really matter because I would never even bother mining ETH with an Nvidia card anyways. I also think that for resale value the 1070, 1080, and 1080 TI are by far superior to the 4xx/5xx GPU's. Nvidia can also mine many different algorithms profitably and they are less of a hassle to deal with as you don't change the bios and there are overall less driver issues. That is just my opinion but I started out mining AMD but have recently transitioned to Nvidia. 
blastifre (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:29:09 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 09:35:57 PM by blastifre

Thanks for your info guys, one thing i want to buy a 1070, what is the best one right now.
For overclocking and stability. also its hot here in the summer what you recommend me to do watercooling?
or is it way to expensive, also i found a motherboard i want to buy 8 GPU's so i need m2 risers and a motherboard that supports it.

Think this one will do fine Asus PRIME Z270-P
also i need Power do i need a 750 x 2 or just one 1200 watt power supply.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING 8GB - 500 euro
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING Z 8G - 516 euro
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G - 448 euro
Gainward GeForce GTX 1070 Phoenix 8GB - 443 euro
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 - 464 euro
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:59:51 PM

you have got your information wrong, with amd you can mine any coin, not so much with NVidia as there is ONLY a small handful of profitable coins along with optimized miners for said coins, the rest AMD still dominates. sure you can mine just about any coin with an NVidia but it doesn't mean its going to be efficient since miner code for a lot of coins when it comes to NVidia are not optimized much or at all, with the exception of a handful of coins like zcash. take ETH for instance you can mine it with NVidia but doesn't make it good, as matter of fact most of the time you get much worse of hashrate with NVidia on eth than say an rx 480, if what you were saying had been true there would be WAY more people mining with NVidia than amd which is not the case

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
gwestcot

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:25:42 AM

you have got your information wrong, with amd you can mine any coin, not so much with NVidia as there is ONLY a small handful of profitable coins along with optimized miners for said coins, the rest AMD still dominates. sure you can mine just about any coin with an NVidia but it doesn't mean its going to be efficient since miner code for a lot of coins when it comes to NVidia are not optimized much or at all, with the exception of a handful of coins like zcash. take ETH for instance you can mine it with NVidia but doesn't make it good, as matter of fact most of the time you get much worse of hashrate with NVidia on eth than say an rx 480, if what you were saying had been true there would be WAY more people mining with NVidia than amd which is not the case

I'm not sure where you are getting this? Nvidia is better at Skein, LBC, Equihash, Lyra2rev2, LBC, and Neoscrypt. Literally the only thing people are doing with AMD is either solo-mining some Ethash coin like ETH, ETC, UBIQ,etc. The only other option, which is the better one, is to dual mine with ETH+Sia or ETH+DCR. (or something similar) Really AMD is the limited one here and I think you are like 3 months behind in thinking. Also if you are thinking about resale value then of course 1070's , 1080's, and 1080 TI's are so much better that its not even worth comparing. Nvidia cards are also easier to work with and don't require BIOS changes. Nvidia cards are also far more available and it will be a little bit before the next AMD batch comes out for sale. Really the only two things AMD has going for it are that they are cheaper, at least when the cards are available, and they have a slightly faster ROI. Even though Nvidia cards ROI slightly slower a rig with 1070's can ROI in 60 days and a 1080 TI rig can ROI in about 75 days. To me it is worth the extra expense and the slightly longer ROI to get all the benefits that now come with Nvidia rigs. I was planning on building another rig with 1070's but now that I have done a bit more research I will build a 6x 1080 TI's rig and at today's prices and difficulties that can bring in about 95 dollars a day per rig. The AMD rigs with 570's are half the price but are bringing in about 44 dollars a day. You do the math but to me this seems like a no brainer at this point. Just to be fair I have AMD rigs and Nvidia now but at least for the forseeable future I will only build with 1080 TI's.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:35:38 AM

AMD are actually a near tossup (at the pre-shortage card pricing) on Equihash for hash/$ and very close on hash/watt.

Nvidia cards don't have the OPTION of bios changes to optimise them - that's actually a MINUS vs AMD.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:12:31 AM

AMD is a value proposition when compared with Nvidia. While the Nvidia GTX 10 series does better in achieving a bigger hashrate per card in certain algorithms, the bang-for-buck or hash per cost factor is almost exclusivly in favor AMD. The bottom line for mining is you can put together an AMD rig for the same amount invested that will outperform any Nvidia GTX rig for the same amount invested across the board. While Nvidia holds an edge in hash/watt, given the insane Crypto pricing across the board currently, that is not as much a factor for most people paying 0.20 cents per kW or less. Which is also probably why you are seeing Nvidia cards  more readily available, while AMD RX 470/570 and 480/580 cards are much harder to find currently, especially in any quantity. I would also argue that the AMD resale value is comparable to Nvidia in terms of percentage of the original cost recovered.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: