Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:21:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will soon be an altcoin  (Read 2722 times)
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:29:06 PM

It is true that bitcoin has serious problems to solve these days, and it is also true that some other cryptos have come forward by offering certain alternatives that correct the bitcoin weaknesses, but most of those coins have failed at the time to jump into the real world to become useful currencies to buy and sell goods and services.

I do not know if one day the bitcoin will lose its validity and become nothing, but in the meantime I am convinced that it still has a lot of room to grow and improve, so I will continue to work hard to increase my bitcoins, without leaving aside the possibility of investing in some other altcoin to diversify my money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:34:05 PM

Bitcoin has serious technical problems now related to capacity. It is almost unusable for small and even modest transactions, and the fees are astronomical. This is going to have to get fixed. If bitcoin survives this test, then its value in the future may be beyond what most can imagine.
ppc.pt

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:48:28 PM

Bitcoin turned into absolutle BS, it is slow it cant keep up with transactions and it looses more and more to Ethereum

I dont like ethereum that much either anymre since this piece of shit putin endorses it but its seems to be by far the best thing that is going on in Crypto

Bitcoin was cool, like 5 years ago but now noone wants to fuck with bitcoin anymore, even all the big darknet marketplaces are now using more and more altcoins because the shity bitcoin is not compatible anymore.

Bitcoin will go up to 3000 again and all the whales sell this shit for ethereum

Bitcoin is History

the same with Nintend, it was cool at the time of the gameboy but as son as sony went in the market, nintendo turned into garbage

Putin would endorse Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton for his vice presidency if that was a popular measure in Russia. Endorsing Ethereum it's just a way of him saying "we in Russia have the best of everything, even in crypto currencies".

If Ethereum turns out to be controlled by the "usual guys" and entities make no mistake, it will not be used by the common people. That being said, it will loose value and other coins will take its place. I think everyone in Ethereum team knows that very well
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 10:55:19 PM

Bitcoin turned into absolutle BS, it is slow it cant keep up with transactions and it looses more and more to Ethereum

I dont like ethereum that much either anymre since this piece of shit putin endorses it but its seems to be by far the best thing that is going on in Crypto

Bitcoin was cool, like 5 years ago but now noone wants to fuck with bitcoin anymore, even all the big darknet marketplaces are now using more and more altcoins because the shity bitcoin is not compatible anymore.

Bitcoin is History

the same with Nintend, it was cool at the time of the gameboy but as son as sony went in the market, nintendo turned into garbage

Putin would endorse Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton for his vice presidency if that was a popular measure in Russia. Endorsing Ethereum it's just a way of him saying "we in Russia have the best of everything, even in crypto currencies".

If Ethereum turns out to be controlled by the "usual guys" and entities make no mistake, it will not be used by the common people. That being said, it will loose value and other coins will take its place. I think everyone in Ethereum team knows that very well

at this moment ethereum is pretty much controlled by an alien looking russian, he want to fork any time he want and this the true. Sorry to say but this can't be change. We all know it and let's stop pretend.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
LiftOff1969

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

You had me at thanks...

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:46:01 AM

Bitcoin is History

at this moment ethereum is pretty much controlled by an alien looking russian, he want to fork any time he want and this the true. Sorry to say but this can't be change. We all know it and let's stop pretend.

"at this moment ethereum is pretty much controlled by an alien looking russian"

Oh man you made my day with that, I seriously thought the same when first laying eyes upon the Kremlin spy.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:10:35 AM

It's completely your speculation bitcoin is widely used cryptocurrency and it is the original currency which uses blockchain . Think if bitcoin disappear there will be no other coins for sure.
Mr.Joshua

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:06:48 AM

Bitcoin has time on it's side.  Not to mention many physical and online retail merchant acceptance.
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:10:39 AM

Bitcoin has time on it's side.  Not to mention many physical and online retail merchant acceptance.

Bitcoin is the basis of all ats, to cashout my alts i convert ot first to btc into our fiat . Bitcoin have proven its ability. It's alts time to do theirs and be like btc.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:15:46 AM

LOL. Altcoin means alternative coin. Alternative to Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not an altcoin and can never be an altcoin. Get your facts straight. Even if Ethereum prices surpass Bitcoin it won't make Bitcoin an altcoin. Ethereum has a lot of weaknesses, too much premine and instamine coins and central authority (aka Vitalik Buterin). Look how they forked the coin but original chain ETC still survived.

Bitcoin will be an alt coin.

MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:31:10 AM

Bitcoin has serious technical problems now related to capacity. It is almost unusable for small and even modest transactions, and the fees are astronomical. This is going to have to get fixed. If bitcoin survives this test, then its value in the future may be beyond what most can imagine.
This will be used for catastrophic dump, this speculation.. But BTC will be repaired and will continue its journey, its just a piace of code and can be modified with consensus, and probably will be changed many times in future to addopt  new  thechnologies, and demands.
This artificial division on Bitcoin and Alts is funny now, there is only Crypto.

You can rent this space
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:32:02 AM

Bitcoin is History

Agreed.

And BTC will never be an "Altcoin"
It came first.

FUD first & ask questions later™
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:46:48 AM

Agreed.
It came first.
What this means he came first? This is too emotional.
This have no support in real life, we tending to improve things, and to make it more usable. BTC is just piece of code, and i don't see anything special, whole concept can and will be improved in an new project which maybe can start fair for all.

You can rent this space
Recca297

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:49:59 AM

They call others coin are altcoin because of Bitcoin
So how can bitcoin turn into altcoin :v
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:50:46 AM

Bitcoin is History

Agreed.

It came first.

Bitcoin is not the first and it will be an altcoin when it's not top in market cap.
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/quick-history-cryptocurrencies-bbtc-bitcoin-1397682630/

Bitcoin will be the alternative to Etherum, therefore an altcoin. You lose primary spot you become an alt.

davhek

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:55:41 AM

In the term of coins all of them are made as alternative to Bicoin therefore we call them altcoins.
But..Ford made first car and now we have hundrets of car brands(and plenty of them are more reckognized than ford).
If it was first it doesnt mean some other cant overtake it.

secdark

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:13:53 AM

Bitcoin is the basis of all ats, to cashout my alts i convert ot first to btc into our fiat . Bitcoin have proven its ability. It's alts time to do theirs and be like btc.

Basically if bitcoin pumps, most of the altcoins drops like this recently most of the altcoins dumps and most of the newbie and trading selling their coins that will lead also into more dumping though i dont agree that bitcoin will be alts because bitcoin will be the most good and best digital currency online and most of the altcoin is relying on bitcoin so it wont happen

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency   
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄████▄▄   
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:37:25 AM

Bitcoin will soon be an alternative to Bitcoin (alternative blockchain tech).

One thing is certain, OP needs an alternative brain the current one is malfunctioning.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:51:23 AM

Technologically both of them, BTC and ETH are inferior to waves or probably many other cryptos. The last day's ETH disaster when bancor ICO happened proves it.

And right, the time would finally come for BTC to retire from the king position and surrender it to some other crypto. Which one? Let's wait and see.  Smiley
Looks like waves just used a hidden admin power, prepare for a dump or even a fork.
That wasn't a hidden admin power. Nothing happened on the blockchain level, and the n*****coin asset still exists. They only removed it from Dex GUI, and it was the right thing to do.

It was probably a fudder's idea to find some excuse to fud, and buy some cheap waves. He failed, obviously.  Smiley
Adbitco

Activity: 1428
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 09:04:22 AM

It's not for the first time that bitcoin has received so much criticism, it has received much more in the past and has always survived. I wonder despite criticizing bitcoin so much the critics love for it never ceases or comes to an end. If they are offered some of it (bitcoin) they readily accept it and that's the only reason they are here on bitcointalk.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:11:00 AM

Basically if bitcoin pumps, most of the altcoins drops like this recently most of the altcoins dumps and most of the newbie and trading selling their coins that will lead also into more dumping though i dont agree that bitcoin will be alts because bitcoin will be the most good and best digital currency online and most of the altcoin is relying on bitcoin so it wont happen
This is what happen when lot of newbies are involved in new projects, on small bad sign insecurity will breake them, they will sell all immediately. Take a look at XMR, CLOAK, NAV, those projects have mature investrors which know much about value they holding..They have showed integrity and announced independency from BTC.

You can rent this space
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: