Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:09:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Safest way to keep bitcoins?  (Read 18351 times)
Silverstone1111

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:41:19 AM

What is the safest way to keep bitcoins.

Taken dangers like hacking, losing in to account!
The safest way to store your bitcoins is in a paper wallet or hardware wallet. There are risks in there as well. Paper wallet may degrade or damaged. You may lose your paper wallet and hardware wallet. These wallet eliminate the risk of hacking.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:34:41 AM

I shop lots of backup copies in the cloud storage.

I expect they are all encrypted ? ^^
Yes, bitcoin is the best with inbuilt encrypted security measurements to keep with you and the bitcoin price and the value will increase more I hope the future of the bitcoin is increasing and now almost all the people are having the worthy price and the high demand.

I am very sure bitcoin is very safe to keep for the long time and the price of the bitcoin will increase with the time I know the value of the bitcoin is helping a lot of the people and the reason is why all the people are buying the bitcoin
If you want to keep your bitcoin for long term then you should have a safe cold storage wallet that is designed for long term holding because that is the best way that i know that you can use to store a lot of bitcoins. I believe that bitcoin will cost a lot of money in the future and we should not lose the chance by selling or misusing the bitcoin.
Andre#

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:48:57 AM

I shop lots of backup copies in the cloud storage.

I expect they are all encrypted ? ^^
Yes, bitcoin is the best with inbuilt encrypted security measurements to keep with you and the bitcoin price and the value will increase more I hope the future of the bitcoin is increasing and now almost all the people are having the worthy price and the high demand.

I am very sure bitcoin is very safe to keep for the long time and the price of the bitcoin will increase with the time I know the value of the bitcoin is helping a lot of the people and the reason is why all the people are buying the bitcoin
If you want to keep your bitcoin for long term then you should have a safe cold storage wallet that is designed for long term holding because that is the best way that i know that you can use to store a lot of bitcoins. I believe that bitcoin will cost a lot of money in the future and we should not lose the chance by selling or misusing the bitcoin.
Yeah, if you want to sell your Bitcoin, you should to find other options can helps you have money instead of sell your Bitcoin.
But, as long as you know the way to buy back extra Bitcoin with cheap price, I think you can sell Bitcoin as take profits anytime.
BlasterS

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:57:41 AM

One of the best way for us bitcoiners to keep our bitcoins is to keep it on our own accounts. Or change it into fiat money then invest again to other projects.
qwertyuiop0987654321

Activity: 185

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:00:35 AM

Keeping it into savings I think. Having wallet accounts. I guarantee you that your BTC were safe. Like account on ABRA, Etherwallet, etc.
Thaliron

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:02:25 AM

The safest way is to never download things on the internet somebody could easily infect it with a wallet stealer. It just searches your hole computer for addresses and files. If it has founded some files it will upload it to the hacker. So i suggest also to check your urls many users have already been scammed with phishing links to get your coins.

mangenta

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:05:14 AM

i think someone can be more safe with ledger wallet like Nano s
lesfrigosa

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:06:23 AM

Ina secure wallet i would recommend to use blockchain wallet because it is the securest i ever had just to login i need to put my password than verify an email than verify through an sms and put my password again then i can go into my account.
CryptoVzla

Activity: 560
Merit: 290

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:17:56 AM

most safe way for keep bitcoins just dont click any untrusted email sender , like promotions for get free bitcoin and other promotions.
because their will send scam link for submit your information then their will take ur information and steal your wallet.
use 2FA and verify your email for keep your wallet safe , and never give some one your personal information like email , user name , password etc.
i think we use one same password for all account , then their will easy access one password for other account like email , bitcoin wallet and other account.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Ian Dave

Activity: 183

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:33:20 AM

We need to secure all our accounts and password especially our private key it is very important because that key is the way we can open our myetherwallet. We need to be wiser than the hacker so that they can't easily get our own money. We need to be aware in everything so that our money will not gone.
Alok_Yadav

Activity: 267

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:24:19 PM

i think someone can be more safe with ledger wallet like Nano s

Trezor and Ledger both are perfect.
TiffanyLien23

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:29:29 PM

I use myetherwallet but i save my private key not on the site so that no one can access. I put it on my own record..

StephaneM

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:15:09 AM

"Does someone know if hackers can get a computer getting a public address with bitadress.org for example and testing it to see if the account is at 0 on blockchain.info and then try another adress, etc... until one is not a 0 credit and then steal the money since he/she got already the private key associated ? A hacker could test millions/billons of addresses like this and once in a while get an address with an account not at 0, is that correct ? I am very concern about the security of my bitcoins and want to do a paper wallet after generating an address from a new computer offline, but this potential hacking method is a big concern to me. Does someone has already being able to get one existing account not empty using this approach? Anyone knows if it has already been done over the last 9 years ?"

The answer I received is the following :

There were some very dumb people that did not generate their addresses correctly.  There was also some software with bugs that did not generate addresses correctly.  The bitcoins that were stored in those addresses that were not generated correctly resided in too small of a search space, and hackers were able to steal some.  All addresses that are generated correctly have been secure since the beginning of bitcoin in 2009 and will remain secure for as long as our solar system continues to exist.

So then my question is now :

Does anyone know how to generate CORRECTLY a Bitcoin address ?
handini

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:01:20 PM

The safest way to store your bitcoins is in a paper wallet or hardware wallet. There are risks in there as well. Paper wallet may degrade or damaged. You may lose your paper wallet and hardware wallet. These wallet eliminate the risk of hacking.
according to me, whether or not safe storage depends on us. because the security of a bitcoin so as not to steal the hacker is in our hands. if we use the existing account on your wallet with indiscriminate hacker may be easier to steal it.
Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:14:54 PM

In my case, I think my bitcoins are secured.on my e-wallet. I am using an app for mobile where I am storing my Bitcoin. I think it is secured because it needs an account to log in and that account is connected to.my email address which I assured to be secured. also, there's an additional pin code to add more security. Just don't let anyone to know your private keys.
Legoiniel

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:17:39 PM

We need to secure all our accounts and password especially our private key it is very important because that key is the way we can open our myetherwallet. We need to be wiser than the hacker so that they can't easily get our own money. We need to be aware in everything so that our money will not gone.

Secure it on a new computer. I mean make a wallet on a new computer and never download something else so you need a computer for only for crypto this will help you a lot.

Because on a normal computer you have games and files and some have a wallet stealer inside them.
moonatis

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:21:03 PM

Hey,

the safest way to store crypto is probably ledger nano s!
But if you have less than 50 Bitcoins you could just leave it on an exchange!

Hope I could help!
feiss

Activity: 155

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:24:41 PM

The safest way to keep bitcoins to use offline wallet or secured sites that are storing bitcoins. You must use a unique wallet like blockchain wallet that has many confirmation and verification before you can decrypt or open your wallet.

zhopas

Activity: 323

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:29:44 PM

Try to have a online wallet. Bitcoin.ph here in our country is one of the trusted wallet that people use. It is secured and trusted wallet that I know. It is proven and tested here. Also,  there is alot of things can do here like paying bills, cash in and out , buying load and etc.
anil07

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:38:28 PM

It is the short keep the keys on ledger or paper wallet. if i have the ledger in my computer and also if i have wallete on my pc i send easly it to the wallet on the ledger usb.
coin we not safely transfer one place to another place but bitcoin we easily transfer transfer one place to another place.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: