Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:38:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Safest way to keep bitcoins?  (Read 18351 times)
The Golden Boy

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 12:44:14 PM

What is the safest way to keep bitcoins.

Taken dangers like hacking, losing in to account!

Try to have a online wallet. Bitcoin.ph here in our country is one of the trusted wallet that people use. It is secured and trusted wallet that I know. It is proven and tested here. Also,  there is alot of things can do here like paying bills, cash in and out , buying load and etc.

Online wallets is never completely secure, I do not trust online wallets because even the bestl online providers can be hacked, I only use hardware- or paper wallets for large amount of funds I have written a couple of articles on the subject and found that even the most secure online wallet is not as secure as they like you to believe, even the most tested online wallet can be hacked and even the bests online provider in the world can lose all your funds, but then a great online provider will have a backup of funds stored in cold storage so the can restore some of your funds
So larger amount of funds should be kept in a safe cold storage offline. A hardware wallet from a trusted provider or paper wallet .
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jerlen17

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:53:34 PM

In my experience i used coins.ph wallet to keep my bitcoin because for me it is the safest way to keep it. It was proven, it is very easy to use and can access very fast and have a persons who can teach you on how it works if you dont have any idea to use it and the feature of this.
Ekanenf

Activity: 290

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:00:06 PM

For me personally im just keeping my password on my small notes, fb ithink just is a one way to maintain r bitcoin safe  or maybe uwant  shop in equipment purses . always remember just keep it personal dont scatter passwords to anybody .

Facebook? you mean storing your passwords and private keys on Facebook? I don't think so man, what if someone hacks your Facebook and that someone knows about cryptocurrencies, steal your money, and when you check your wallet, it is all gone, I bet you are going to be annoyed because you saved it on your Facebook, that was a naïve way to store your bitcoins.

To keep it safe and sound, I suggest to use hardware wallet, because it is so hard to hack unless you are going to give it to someone personally or if you are just going to let your hardware wallet lying on anywhere around your house.
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:17:32 PM

You just need to use a reliable purse, such as Blockchain.

Missolawumi

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:18:34 PM

A cold wallet! Need i say more?
Zandar

Activity: 294
Merit: 161

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:25:08 PM

Cold storage can get missplaced, damaged or even stolen etc. Isn't it best to have more wallets the more BTC you have? If you put all in one basket and it gets broken you end up losing all. So I think it's best to have more wallets the more BTC you have, sure it's nice to see over a 100 BTC in one wallet, but when something goes wrong with that wallet you can end up losing all, like when someone gets a hold of your private keys and empties it out. Instead of a pricy cold storage units you might as well get a few usb sticks and store wallets there evenly spreading out your BTC as you go, seems safest to me.
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:23:12 PM

i think someone can be more safe with ledger wallet like Nano s
The ledger wallet is a smart choice, but I would still say that it depends on how you're going to use. I mean for a long term hold of tokens and coins, it more likely to grab a hardware wallet or the cold storage. By this, you can be sure that the security you need is all in place. It is offline though, perfect for holding, for a very long time as I said. But if you often wanted to check if you can sell the tokens or trade the coins, then storing something in the exchangers are quite smart.
chukaday

Activity: 210
Merit: 104

⚡ Property-secured P2P lending ⚡

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:38:17 PM

Hardware wallet 100% will keep your coins as safe as humanly possible. Either go with a Trezor or Ledger or KeepKey they seem to be the industry leaders around here.

steffi79

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:40:54 PM

Hardware wallet 100% will keep your coins as safe as humanly possible. Either go with a Trezor or Ledger or KeepKey they seem to be the industry leaders around here.

for you to have some secure yes that was right having some hardware wallet is a safest way but you have to take the secuity and the maintenance were you try to store it.
yanlap

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:13:15 PM

In my experience i used coins.ph wallet to keep my bitcoin because for me it is the safest way to keep it. It was proven, it is very easy to use and can access very fast and have a persons who can teach you on how it works if you dont have any idea to use it and the feature of this.
Yes the bitcoin wallets are helping the people to hold the bitcoin or the long time and the bitcoin will help the people in the future if you will buy the bitcoin and you will hold it for the long time you will see the real value of the bitcoin, I am sure the bitcoin will help a lot of the people and it is the safe way to hold the bitcoin is the blockchain and the bitcoin online wallets and it is the reason why the bitcoin is increasing.
Alok_Yadav

Activity: 267

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:15:06 PM

One of the best way to secure bitcoin is keeping your bitcoins in hardware wallet like ledger or trezor.
hashtag101

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:49:06 PM

Yes the bitcoin wallets are helping the people to hold the bitcoin or the long time and the bitcoin will help the people in the future if you will buy the bitcoin and you will hold it for the long time you will see the real value of the bitcoin, I am sure the bitcoin will help a lot of the people and it is the safe way to hold the bitcoin is the blockchain and the bitcoin online wallets and it is the reason why the bitcoin is increasing.
I can't understand your mean! It seems you don't know the free wallet of Bitcoin. You can use free wallet as online wallet or offline wallet, depend on your needs. I always recommend you should to use Offline wallet, because this wallet can helps you keep safest your amount and better any online wallet. You can own your private key and all permissions in your wallet.
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:06:27 PM

One of the best way to secure bitcoin is keeping your bitcoins in hardware wallet like ledger or trezor.
No, although there are many people trusted these services, but I think we should put our Bitcoin for long term saving in a desktop wallet, then research the method to keep your private never access by anyone unless you. That is the best choice for anyone wants to keep Bitcoin forever even the price of Bitcoin reaches 1 million dollars someday.
Batang Hambog

Activity: 223

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:48:55 PM

So if i put the Ledger in my computer and with the wallet on my pc i sent it to the wallet on the Ledger usb then they the coins are gone from my computer and stored on the usb?

the coin or bitcoin is not a physical thing like fiat to transfer from one place to another.
a bitcoin wallet is a place to keep they keys. these keys are used to spend bitcoin, bitcoin which exists in form of transaction outputs stored on the blockchain and blockchain is held by every person around the world who is running a full node client.

so in short you keep the keys on Ledger or paper wallet, etc and then use that key for spending which is known as creating a transaction and signing it.

(i hope i didn't make it more confusing)
For me the safest way to keep bitcoin is to keep you password too and other information that can access you account and I recommend to you to use trusted wallets to store you bitcoins there.
hoanghieu5874

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:58:18 PM

How to secure bitcoin !
We need to find the address to create prestige wallet
Make smart investments in reputable sites
Do not let anyone know about your account, as well as secure your account information
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:26:09 AM

You have the responsibility to keep your private key in your crypto wallet just to store your bitcoin to avoid hacking. When storing bitcoin choose paper wallet or any wallet offline or an desktop wallet for your bitcoin safetiness. And also don't trust to anyone with your private key it leads of hacking or scamming. Also avoid log in your account with any links without https: it migth be hacks also.

Alfinopogi

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:32:43 AM

for me the safest way to keep bitcoins is on Paper Wallet. A paper wallet is also a relatively safe way of storing Bitcoin, although it requires a bit more advanced understanding of how digital currencies work. Generate a paper wallet online using any number of dedicated websites, or generate the wallet offline for even greater security.
378budiman

Activity: 299

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:42:31 AM

You save the key on Ledger or paper wallet, etc. and then use a key for known expenditure by creating a transaction and signing it.
kiver

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:59:52 AM

i would advise that you don't put all your eggs in one basket just put some i ledger some in your offline wallet the safest places and never reveal your private keys to anyone or any website just stay on the safe side
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:07:17 AM

It is up to you if you will choose online wallets or offline wallets. Online wallets and offline wallets are both safe and good to keep our bitcoins. I keep my bitcoins in online wallets because I can easy access to withdraw my bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: