Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:54:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt Club  (Read 13870 times)
jambaman42 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:25:06 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2013, 05:03:54 AM by jambaman42

Alt Club's has announced the date f the first pick: Wednesday, May 15, 2013. 7pm Eastern Standard Time.

The countdown is on.

http://www.altclub.co

http://collectionofawesome.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/fight-club-slide.png

Edited the picture.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 10:05:17 AM

love the image! great quote  Grin

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
WishIStartedSooner

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:02:36 AM

the cryptos you own end up owning you
jambaman42 (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:04:53 AM

Everyone should join!
gica_contra

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:22:42 AM

If you gaze long enough into your wallet it also gazes back into you.
mantler

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:50:03 PM

A man walks in to a bank and asks if he can convert his dollars to bitcoin.

His account is frozen and he is reported as a possible terrorist to the FBI.
22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:34:00 AM

"Bitcoin is designed to bring us back to a decentralized currency of the people," says Andresen, a 44-year-old software developer and entrepreneur.

willhash4food

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:39:32 AM

A new way to pump and dump!  Shocked

They see me minin'... they hatin'...
iamrickrock

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:49:38 AM

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

BBQcoins FTW!  Because no one cared about them and I have a lot of them lol

Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 01:52:53 AM

If this is serious, this is pretty disgusting.

An organised pump and dump gang will really harm the image of alt coins. It's taking advantage of people who think that a coin is really increasing in value. The money the gang makes when they sell all their coin at the peak of the spike in value comes from the people who are to late in the selling.

It's a scam. People who do this, in my book, are on the same level as people who pretend to send coins in a transaction and don't.

This thread should be locked and the OP labled a scammer.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
ohhaithere

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:59:06 AM

Do not sign up for this site, especially with passwords you care about. Just signed up and got a "welcome" email with my password in plain text. Quickly changing all my old pool passwords from back when I was a noob and didn't use unique passwords for each one.
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:02:46 AM

Next target: BBQCoin
Joerii
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 02:10:09 AM

An organised pump and dump gang will really harm the image of alt coins. It's taking advantage of people who think that a coin is really increasing in value. The money the gang makes when they sell all their coin at the peak of the spike in value comes from the people who are to late in the selling.

It's a scam. People who do this, in my book, are on the same level as people who pretend to send coins in a transaction and don't.

Aww. Is someone butthurt because he bought right before a dump?

I'm not butthurt, i have a moral compass. Is it cute to think stealing is wrong ?

Buying coin right before they drop in value is painful, but hey, it happens. It's a risk you should be willing to take if you trade in altcoins.

But if a group of scammers coordinates to rape a coin, that's a whole different story.

ReCat

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 02:24:45 AM

Look who's talking. Tongue

(Inside joke)

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
willhash4food

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:32:07 AM

I'm not butthurt, i have a moral compass. Is it cute to think stealing is wrong ?

Buying coin right before they drop in value is painful, but hey, it happens. It's a risk you should be willing to take if you trade in altcoins.

But if a group of scammers coordinates to rape a coin, that's a whole different story.

Moral compass? Lol. Finance is not for you.

But if you choose to stay anyway, welcome to the world of trading!  Cheesy

zero3112

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:37:40 AM

New post or old?

Joerii
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 02:44:30 AM

You two seem very immature and trolling, but I'll reply annyway.

You can be into finance, trading and crypto and still try to do the right thing. Just because there are people who don't care about the losses of others doesn't mean you shouldn't care either. What goes around comes around.

Just because it's possible and easy to do, and you don't see the faces of the people you hurt, doesn't make it right.

I have the skill and knowledge to buy stolen creditcard numbers and info, go on TOR and buy shitloads of cryptocurrency with those stolen funds. But I don't. I like to sleep well at night knowing that I'm contributing to this world instead of merely TAKING.

Wow look at me rant. I guess you start to look at right and wrong a little bit closer when you're about to have a kid and are thining about how to raise them.

Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

It's cute that you consider it stealing. Profiting off of people's greed is not theft; if you see massive green candlesticks, odds are it's a pump and dump. If you buy anyway, you are taking a rather large risk of getting fleeced.

What? In the real world we call stuff like this "insider trading" and people get sent to jail over it.

The laws don't apply here, but the principles do.

willhash4food

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:55:57 AM

You can be into finance, trading and crypto and still try to do the right thing. Just because there are people who don't care about the losses of others doesn't mean you shouldn't care either. What goes around comes around.

Just because it's possible and easy to do, and you don't see the faces of the people you hurt, doesn't make it right.

I have the skill and knowledge to buy stolen creditcard numbers and info, go on TOR and buy shitloads of cryptocurrency with those stolen funds. But I don't. I like to sleep well at night knowing that I'm contributing to this world instead of merely TAKING.

Wow look at me rant. I guess you start to look at right and wrong a little bit closer when you're about to have a kid and are thining about how to raise them.

1. No one forces anyone to trade.

2. Don't invest money you can't afford to lose.

If you can't keep your emotions in check long enough to follow the above rules, doing "the right thing" isn't going to help you. Morality is irrelevant in a game of numbers.

Wink

mckmuze

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:04:52 AM

Has anyone looked at TradeHill or tried to get an account? I have a feeling a lot of large pump and dump action is set in motion and the dark pools can facilitate that action. I have been debating on opening an account.
Joerii
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 03:18:22 AM

I guess it's no use talking about right and wrong with greedy people.

Morality is never irrelevant.

Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:24:40 AM

But if you choose to stay anyway, welcome to the world of trading!  Cheesy

In case you haven't realized yet, this is a zero sum game. Anything you make, someone else loses. No matter if I'm part of a group that's pumping and dumping, or just a lucky loner, anything I gain is a loss for others. Morality is irrelevant.

What? In the real world we call stuff like this "insider trading" and people get sent to jail over it.

First, you just said it, the laws don't apply here. Second, it's only insider trading if you are a part of a company behind a stock. Since no one owns cryptocurrencies, and they don't generate revenue, insider trading is impossible.

It's not strictly accurate to say that it's a zero-sum game. If everyone agrees cryptocurrencies are worth something, then value has actually been created. It's the day-to-day fluctuations that are the zero-sum game.

As for the laws: no, cryptocoins aren't stocks - the laws don't apply. But they trade like securities, and the moral basis for the insider trading laws is to prohibit unfair trading based on information asymmetry - exactly what is happening here.

Joerii
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 03:31:41 AM

<snip>
 But they trade like securities, and the moral basis for the insider trading laws is to prohibit unfair trading based on information asymmetry - exactly what is happening here.

Yep, it's simply not fair because the "altcoin club" gang knows something the rest doesn't. They KNOW it's going to drop, they are not taking a risk. Ofcourse a good number of the gangs members are going to get screwed too.

ReCat

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 03:32:44 AM

There's always a risk with trading. Everyone who trades accepts that risk. In the end, everyone can win and lose as well, and most people do win some and lose some. So who even cares? This just encourages more people to trade, getting more people enthused in cryptocurrency, and, if anything, raising awareness of cryptocurrency. Which can be considered a good thing. IMO.

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
willhash4food

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:40:43 AM

<snip>
 But they trade like securities, and the moral basis for the insider trading laws is to prohibit unfair trading based on information asymmetry - exactly what is happening here.

Yep, it's simply not fair because the "altcoin club" gang knows something the rest doesn't. They KNOW it's going to drop, they are not taking a risk. Ofcourse a good number of the gangs members are going to get screwed too.

Not fair?

You're going to have a hard time in the market if you don't collect as much info as you can and do the math. The market doesn't care about being fair. The market doesn't care about you. And if you choose to care about it, you wont be doing the hammer dance for long, my friend.

Joerii
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 03:45:31 AM

This isn't a private thing. Are you suggesting that because I, say, read Fontas' Twitter and someone else didn't, that I am guilty of insider trading?

I agree the line gets blurry when the "insiders" are communicating in the trollbox or on twitter, but whenever there's a group of people with enough buying power to influence price, and they have they don't share with 100% of the people who are trading what they're doing, it's unfair.

And to the other poster : "  Everyone's doing it so I'm doing it too !" Is not a valid argument. "They deserve it because it because there is no law against it" is also not a valid argument.

Joerii
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 03:46:41 AM

<snip>

Not fair?

You're going to have a hard time in the market if you don't collect as much info as you can and do the math. The market doesn't care about being fair. The market doesn't care about you. And if you choose to care about it, you wont be doing the hammer dance for long, my friend.

I'm not you friend, pall.

A knife also doesn't care about being fair, yet stabbing someone with it isn't very nice, now is it Smiley

EDIT : I never said the market should be fair. I'm saying traders should be fair.

Joerii
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 03:55:54 AM

This isn't a private thing. Are you suggesting that because I, say, read Fontas' Twitter and someone else didn't, that I am guilty of insider trading?

I agree the line gets blurry when the "insiders" are communicating in the trollbox or on twitter, but whenever there's a group of people with enough buying power to influence price, and they have they don't share with 100% of the people who are trading what they're doing, it's unfair.

And to the other poster : "  Everyone's doing it so I'm doing it too !" Is not a valid argument. "They deserve it because it because there is no law against it" is also not a valid argument.

Except they do share it publicly. Some people miss it, others ignore it, and they lose money.

No they don't share, they form a "club" that you have to sign up for, pay money to sign up for even. Did you even click the link in the OP ?

Trading alt coins is not just about joining a pump and then getting out before the dump. But I have the feeling I'm talking to people who just learned the whole concept of trading securities last week so maybe I should just leave you guys alone and alow you to get burned. Thats how you learn lessons anyway : the hard way.

willhash4food

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:17:17 AM

And to the other poster : "  Everyone's doing it so I'm doing it too !" Is not a valid argument. "They deserve it because it because there is no law against it" is also not a valid argument.

Except they do share it publicly. Some people miss it, others ignore it, and they lose money.

No they don't share, they form a "club" that you have to sign up for, pay money to sign up for even. Did you even click the link in the OP ?

Trading alt coins is not just about joining a pump and then getting out before the dump. But I have the feeling I'm talking to people who just learned the whole concept of trading securities last week so maybe I should just leave you guys alone and alow you to get burned. Thats how you learn lessons anyway : the hard way.

What do you think the market is made of? Hint: traders

If you think pump & dump doesn't exist on the NYSE or Nasdaq, maybe you don't understand how the market works. The big boy market IS ALL PUMP AND DUMP.

Besides, joining such an "alt club" will only result in pawns moving money for the person running the club. And if his plan works, well, then he's a genius for implementing it first.

Joerii
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 04:25:29 AM

I think it is you who learned of trading last week. I think I see the disconnect here. You are telling us what traders should do, what they would do in a world governed by morality. We are telling you what traders will do, in this world, that is governed by profit. If any good trader can get a step up above the competition, they will do it. If you won't, then you will lose. That's just how it works.

I'm gonna let you have the last word here cause I need sleep Smiley Have fun inside trading while you can get away with it.

willhash4food

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:33:44 AM

And to the other poster : "  Everyone's doing it so I'm doing it too !" Is not a valid argument. "They deserve it because it because there is no law against it" is also not a valid argument.

I think it is you who learned of trading last week. I think I see the disconnect here. You are telling us what traders should do, what they would do in a world governed by morality. We are telling you what traders will do, in this world, that is governed by profit. If any good trader can get a step up above the competition, they will do it. If you won't, then you will lose. That's just how it works.

EDIT: Willhash4food, I like your avatar, it's cute.  Cheesy

Ha. Well put on both accounts. "Should" only ends up in frustration. Someone who speaks in moralities like 'get away with it' 'right and wrong' and 'fair' is better off not trading at all. Setting your emotions aside to trade numbers can be a very difficult lesson for feelies.

OurSUBMARINEGo

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:12:21 AM

I'm not sure why the 'ethics' of this are being argued about. I mean, if ANYONE is trading, they are making an attempt at making gains off of other people's losses. How can they be upset if someone does the same thing to them?
maunderingcabal

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Don't dwell in the past, don't dream of the future

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 07:17:12 AM

Is this some kind of Nihilist/Anarchist insider trading club for altcoins? I'm in.

You like my post? Buy me a beer for ฿0.01
13KKQYQLmDFaTtcoPDtnt3My1PPUdcc8AL
My website/blog/bitcoin store
Impaler

Activity: 826

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:55:26 AM

Joerii, I salute your moral compass, and mourn for the lack of such in the rest of the threads posters.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:26:38 AM

Code:
Error establishing a database connection
Roll Eyes
Liquid

Activity: 826

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:14:25 AM

Im in

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
comal

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 07:36:43 AM

http://www.empowernetwork.com/msycks/files/2013/01/benStillerDoIt1.jpg
Zaih

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:06:48 AM

I dislike this idea, but best of luck...  Roll Eyes
Astrophysical

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:19:08 AM

Guess who influences the big Bitcoin swings. This happens on a much much larger scale there just you don't see the groups of original miners dare to post a thread declaring it here.
Uchmanpj

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:28:04 AM

I'm interested in this because it's creating buzz, and where there's buzz there's vol and profit opps. I just hope the creators aren't getting the biggest paydays...
Manstef

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:50:40 AM

Okay then
robotrebellion

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:08:51 PM

Why not.
champbronc2

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:10:57 PM

I think this has the potential to pump CNC above .003. Make some stacks.

https://bitquick.co - Buy bitcoins instantly with cash at 2% fee or Sell Bitcoins at 0% fee with BitQuick.co. Encourage safer, more secure trading! Stop selling on LocalBitcoins.
Safe trading resource: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208203.0 Read it before you ever make a trade! Know what you're getting yourself into!
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 01:13:43 PM

the first rule is not to talk about it...

I suppose this is just like the stock promoters?  No basis, but people follow them, so it kinda works sometimes maybe, haha?

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
BTCLondon

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:56:51 PM

[/b][/color]

Physical Bitcoin trader to the world .... I'll send them anywhere.

Currently retailing Casascius coins.

Awaiting new stock any day, only got a few 1BTC coins for sale.

Feel free to register with the site, I'll let you know when the stock arrives. With luck, I'll be able to do them at at better rate.

Cheers

David Bailey
www.HardBTC.org
champbronc2

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:16:23 PM

Honestly, you'd be a fool not to join this.

Cryptocurrencies other than BTC and LTC and possibly NMC and PPC are scams. The entire market is speculation and hype. These currencies have ZERO practical value. Thus its market price is solely based on hype.

So, if you think you can outsmart the hype, then fuckin go for it. Otherwise, you may as well join us while we take the money out of the pockets of the kids livin in the clouds.

https://bitquick.co - Buy bitcoins instantly with cash at 2% fee or Sell Bitcoins at 0% fee with BitQuick.co. Encourage safer, more secure trading! Stop selling on LocalBitcoins.
Safe trading resource: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208203.0 Read it before you ever make a trade! Know what you're getting yourself into!
tom_o

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:34:34 PM

Honestly, you'd be a fool not to join this.

Cryptocurrencies other than BTC and LTC and possibly NMC and PPC are scams. The entire market is speculation and hype. These currencies have ZERO practical value. Thus its market price is solely based on hype.

So, if you think you can outsmart the hype, then fuckin go for it. Otherwise, you may as well join us while we take the money out of the pockets of the kids livin in the clouds.

This man speaks truth, once this gets momentum there's bank to be made

"and may you live in interesting times"
Joerii
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:38:56 PM

heh all this fightclub stuff is so juvenile

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:51:02 PM

"Get a free upgrade to level 1 access for a limited time. How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?"

i've been in a lot of fights , and all i found out about myself was what parts to try avoid getting hit in, but i never managed to be able to avoid them?

count me in, oh wait, is there any practical use? , i already know how to trade. ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:54:29 PM

How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?

avoid fights carry a gun.

yeah i agree fight club is a bit 90's (although i love it) for a site that's going to try to tell you when to pump and dump. Last one out loses!

I trade FX , one of the best sites is just an open forum http://www.forexlive.com/

great guys.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Jakewell

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:59:40 PM

I would like to pump any coin..
http://www.arts-stew.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Muhammad-Ali-I-hated-every-minute-of-training-but-I-said-Dont-Quit.-Suffer-now-and-live-the-rest-of-your-life-as-a-champion..jpg
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:59:53 PM

Is the countdown ticker in honor of the Avalon one? lol

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
bobbit

Activity: 215

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:03:04 PM

NMC for the win!
jrlepage

Activity: 66

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 08:27:10 PM

Gogo MNC!!

Praxis
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:29:19 PM

BBQCoin!
alwind

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:44:35 AM

Lets see if its real

Rep thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208568.0
LTC LeboFnm6UvSmVHSstgJighbJR35omAqwpU
BTC 1CNHhHJ36uApsjB9gMCKw3eYaGKw9qRgqS
e.m.

Activity: 123

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:20:35 PM

still not shure what this is actually!
optimystic

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:34:58 AM

LTC FTW
BugSpirit

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:45:18 AM

BBQ - the coin to feed the world. Or get peoples food and leave them dying in ephiopian wastelands.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:10:15 AM

So it's a club for douchebag kids to get scammed by 'promoting' a alt-coin that large holders can dump on them. Gotcha! Good luck w that.
WishIStartedSooner

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:15:10 AM

So it's a club for douchebag kids to get scammed by 'promoting' a alt-coin that large holders can dump on them. Gotcha! Good luck w that.

I was wondering about that. Wouldn't some of the members get burnt themselves out of all this?
jomay

Activity: 167

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 06:25:48 AM

In case you haven't realized yet, this is a zero sum game. Anything you make, someone else loses. No matter if I'm part of a group that's pumping and dumping, or just a lucky loner, anything I gain is a loss for others. Morality is irrelevant.

First, you just said it, the laws don't apply here. Second, it's only insider trading if you are a part of a company behind a stock. Since no one owns cryptocurrencies, and they don't generate revenue, insider trading is impossible.

So many "finance experts" here with their knowledge of market rules based on watching Wall Street the movie. You can go to jail for trading even if you do not have inside information on a stock.

Market abuse covers insider trading and market manipulation. Wikipedia has a good definition of the latter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_manipulation
Market manipulation is a deliberate attempt to interfere with the free and fair operation of the market and create artificial, false or misleading appearances with respect to the price of, or market for, a security, commodity or currency.
For example:
Runs: "When a group of traders create activity or rumors in order to drive the price of a security up."
Pools: "Agreements, often written, among a group of traders to delegate authority to a single manager to trade in a specific stock for a specific period of time and then to share in the resulting profits or losses."

So yes, you could eventually go to jail for your proposed actions on a regulated market. I am not a legal expert and don't know if it applies on BTC-e or MtGox, and quite frankly I do not care as I would simply never get involved in such a scheme.

It also makes a lot of sense that the CFTC is planning to regulate the Bitcoins exchanges. If anything it would be good for Bitcoins if it was regulated - at least if you engage in a legal activity and you are not in it for money laundering or fraudulent activities.

BTC 1NoV8NFSB7eiuK2aABFtBTdUdXhbEdG7Ss
LTC LaFyWSfzKY7CKwwmbxhyf8S2iJvfT7JFtL YAC YKKwR5B64Z9ww971J42vEGVPaema623Tz6
Menelik

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:06:33 AM

"Some people are so ungrateful to be alive."http://onestophumour.com/uploads/some_people_is_too_ungrateful_5658786389.jpg And then some people have a right to bitch. I'm going to be using bitcoins. They are my favorite cause I got them for free. (END RANDOM SHIT)
limitless

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:07:28 AM

"Bitcoin is designed to bring us back to a decentralized currency of the people," says Andresen, a 44-year-old software developer and entrepreneur.

And an economist would laugh his fucking ass off.

My yacoin giveaway: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199716.0 - Need more people to donate in order to keep it going.
My yacoin bounty thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200252.0 - If you want to add bounties, just post here.
YAC address: YKmZSWKiqc9MPzmZ89SAwyXM4wSQqoQE3J
tom_o

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:13:58 AM

And an economist would laugh his fucking ass off.

And we'll be laughing when the dead cat or chicken bounces.
jgivg

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:54:13 PM

Altclub just announced their pick. Mincoin.
http://www.altclub.co/current-pick-mnc-mincoin-pump-at-800-est/
dman99

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:31:52 AM

Mincoin it is.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:43:50 PM

So Mincoin it will be.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Joerii
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 07:56:53 PM

Ofcourse the Scammer that runs Altclub already has a ton of mincoins and will dump them on his clubmembers. No honor amongst thieves/

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 01:42:25 PM

Altclub just announced their pick. Mincoin.
http://www.altclub.co/current-pick-mnc-mincoin-pump-at-800-est/

So did that already happen, or is that what they are planning for May 15th @ 8PM EST?

Fold for spending BTCs

Praxis
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:57:55 PM

So far the pumps have been modest. MNC is the long term promotion goal.
zacho56

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:42:12 PM

Couldn't agree more.

"I have a dream" - Martin Luther King JR
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 02:57:22 PM

Couldn't agree more.

I'm torn; while I hear you that the pump & dump thing seems bad, I'm willing and ready to profit for their stupid methodology... so I'm ok with profiting off of the sheep that follow this sheep herder.

I use the same strategy for investing in stocks prior to institutional investors using their analysis to determine their next move (and I'm trying to guess what their move is before they know).

I consider this similar to penny stock promoters... I don't listen to them, and I think the people who follow them are mostly blind sheep; however, there is some fundamental analysis behind their recommendations, it's just that people use them incorrectly.

Not sure what the right answer is, but it's always a tough call.  Granted there are many people who think car salesmen are evil b/c they turn profit off of people who are uneducated and don't know the market value of a car...

Is there a difference?  please discuss before making rash quick judgments...

Fold for spending BTCs

ogee

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:07:25 AM

Alt Club's has announced the date f the first pick: Wednesday, May 15, 2013. 7pm Eastern Standard Time.

The countdown is on.

Edited the picture.

Let gogogogog Smiley

I like all coins but most of them all the one that I can eat Grin

"Buy high from me, I buy em back low from you" Wink

http://www.petersmeats.com.au/images/beef-recipes.jpg

///
ogee
R_Lem

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:15:22 AM

run chickun run....    Shocked
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:17:09 AM

I do not get what is the matter with people claiming it is like a scam, that it is moraly bad or similar things.
Any "successfull trading" is successful only because it takes money from someone else anyway.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
ca2008hy

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:59:03 AM

The countdown is on.

Edited the picture.
fight
champbronc2

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:27:31 AM

Alt Club is a joke. With better organization, it could've been something.

Whoever Tyler is, he sadly just isn't smart enough to be a leader.

jomay

Activity: 167

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:42:01 AM

I do not get what is the matter with people claiming it is like a scam, that it is moraly bad or similar things.
Any "successfull trading" is successful only because it takes money from someone else anyway.

I am sure you did not read my post carefully: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=196690.msg2107320#msg2107320.

Any organized market manipulation creates false or misleading prices. The market is not efficient anymore and potential investors lose trust in its fairness and value. This hurts the market as a whole and is pretty dangerous for (alt)coins, as their value is entirely based on trust. Hence coins would possibly gain in value if they were regulated.

I do not care enough if you kill (alt)coins with these practices. But I do think that strict punishment and tough jail sentences are in order for regulated markets as happened in this case: http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/ex-fund-manager-sentenced-prison-insider-trading-211424063.html

BTC 1NoV8NFSB7eiuK2aABFtBTdUdXhbEdG7Ss
LTC LaFyWSfzKY7CKwwmbxhyf8S2iJvfT7JFtL YAC YKKwR5B64Z9ww971J42vEGVPaema623Tz6
hardup

Activity: 140

Trying hard To Keep Things POSITIVE

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:44:46 AM

Ha ha love it

"Some people are so ungrateful to be alive." And then some people have a right to bitch. I'm going to be using bitcoins. They are my favorite cause I got them for free. (END RANDOM SHIT)

It is about Freedom Of Choice and I choose Bitcoin.
Dexterity

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:11:54 PM

So...who else rode on the WDC waves? Barely mined anything and just bought my coins.

https://i.imgur.com/5Yzi9bl.jpg
webwolf86

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 07:24:26 PM

http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/christianpiatt/files/2013/05/bitcoin_precious.jpg
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 04:01:49 PM

shhhh

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: