Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:31:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 225 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Denarius [D] - First "Tribus" PoW/PoS Hybrid Masternodes, Ring Sigs  (Read 504209 times)
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 11:06:54 PM

I'm still syncing my wallet and its only 56% in 24 hours, I'm just wondering is this normal for it to take this long? I'm wondering if my internte connection has something to do with it taking a long time to sync as I have been watching the sync process and sometimes I see it pause for 20 or 30 seconds and then starts syncing again. It does this a lot and just wondering if all wallets are doing this or is it because my internet connection is maybe slow, I have cable internet where I live.

Yea vella, it can take awhile to sync up especially if you are way behind. This is something we do want to fix in the future or optimize.

Best thing you can do to ensure it syncs properly and quicker is adding a ton of other node connections. The more connections you have the more reliable the sync.

Also the Denarius macOS v2 QT Wallet is now available too: https://github.com/carsenk/denarius/releases/download/v2.0/Denarius-2.0.0.0.dmg

Thanks Carsen!

That is a good idea as I'm sure more and more newbies will be joining the DNR community in the weeks and months to come so it needs to be easier for them once they start coming in and downloading the wallets. I have over 60 active connections right now so I'm thinking it could be my internet connection that is holding it up from syncing faster. Keep up the good work!

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:26:32 PM

I'm still syncing my wallet and its only 56% in 24 hours, I'm just wondering is this normal for it to take this long? I'm wondering if my internte connection has something to do with it taking a long time to sync as I have been watching the sync process and sometimes I see it pause for 20 or 30 seconds and then starts syncing again. It does this a lot and just wondering if all wallets are doing this or is it because my internet connection is maybe slow, I have cable internet where I live.

Yea vella, it can take awhile to sync up especially if you are way behind. This is something we do want to fix in the future or optimize.

Best thing you can do to ensure it syncs properly and quicker is adding a ton of other node connections. The more connections you have the more reliable the sync.

Also the Denarius macOS v2 QT Wallet is now available too: https://github.com/carsenk/denarius/releases/download/v2.0/Denarius-2.0.0.0.dmg

Does that still need to go in a denarius.conf file? I don't have one in my current install location, but I can create one if that's still the way to do it. Currently I have 18 connections and it looks like it syncs about 10% per hour at the current rate.
kingcarsen (OP)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 369

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 11:31:00 PM

Does that still need to go in a denarius.conf file? I don't have one in my current install location, but I can create one if that's still the way to do it. Currently I have 18 connections and it looks like it syncs about 10% per hour at the current rate.

Yea it is certainly just slow in general to sync, we are going to try to optimize it much more or come up with a better method in the future.

You would typically add nodes like "addnode=nodeip:port" in your denarius.conf as usual. Sometimes downloading the bootstrap and then importing it can be faster for some than directly syncing.
sylph93

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:48:16 AM

Denarius v2.0.0.0 (MANDATORY UPDATE)

New Denarius Hybrid Masternodes and PoS Fix!

What does it mean that the masternodes are "hybrid"?  Shocked

They are a portion of both PoW and PoS block rewards. (33%)

I got error while compile in Ubuntu 16.04.

Here is error message.

In file included from src/qt/qcustomplot.cpp:26:0:
src/qt/qcustomplot.h:54:28: fatal error: QtPrintSupport: 그런 파일이나 디렉터리가 없습니다
compilation terminated.
Makefile:5077: 'build/qcustomplot.o' 타겟에 대한 명령이 실패했습니다

I followed latest install tutorial. https://denariustalk.org/index.php?/topic/138-guide-building-denarius-qtdenariusd-on-ubuntu/

I successfully compiled last release before v.2.0.0.0
Same problem here.

I finally compiled wallet with trial and error. Here is the answer.
Finger crossed. Smiley
https://github.com/carsenk/denarius/issues/87

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
d3athgu1s3

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:32:17 AM

DNR Bounties link to Signature campaign has been removed from the main post? Look like the bounties link all are removed.

kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 04:40:32 AM

DNR Bounties link to Signature campaign has been removed from the main post? Look like the bounties link all are removed.

Did a bit of cleanup today on the ANN for mining pools, accidentally removed the sig campaign, added it back in there Wink No other bounties are available.
iphmpmt

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:08:56 AM

Has your wallet been synced with Denarius network, vella?

Has new version of wallet worked for you? Have you had to add nodes to sync it? Please give me nodes if they are essential to sync wallet.

kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 06:27:55 AM

Has new version of wallet worked for you? Have you had to add nodes to sync it? Please give me nodes if they are essential to sync wallet.

Checkout https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dnr/#!network, you can grab a list of specific v2.0 nodes there! (Even formatted properly for an easy copy/paste into your denarius.conf)
AngryWhiteWolf

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:11:31 AM

Here is error message.

compilation terminated.

I followed latest install tutorial. https://denariustalk.org/index.php?/topic/138-guide-building-denarius-qtdenariusd-on-ubuntu/

Same problem here.

Finger crossed. Smiley

Using to qt4 wasn't enough for me. But, changing in denarius-qt.pro QT += widget to QT += widget printsupport did the trick.
Downloading the full blockchain at the moment with new list of nodes. That will take some time.
Thank you!

kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 10:15:42 AM
Merited by berron (25)

Here is error message.

compilation terminated.

Same problem here.

Finger crossed. Smiley

Using to qt4 wasn't enough for me. But, changing in denarius-qt.pro QT += widget to QT += widget printsupport did the trick.
Downloading the full blockchain at the moment with new list of nodes. That will take some time.
Thank you!

We merged in a commit to fix this in the master branch, so should have no problems doing so now Smiley

Also, in case anyone is interested, VanityGen-Plus merged in our PR for DNR support: https://github.com/exploitagency/vanitygen-plus/releases/tag/PLUS1.52
berron

Activity: 727
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:07:57 PM

Now it compiled with no problem following the instructions. Thanks, guys.

Have you tried a real DEX??? But a real DEX like this!!!
ralt

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:33:00 PM

Seems like I'm the last one to install the new wallet... let's go!!

vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 11:14:52 PM

No it is still syncing my friend, now at 72% but I think it could have something to do with my internet connection as I have always had over 60 active nodes since starting so I don't think it has anything to do with that. Where I live in Australia they are still yet to roll out the NBN network which is the super fast network so I'm still waiting for this.

@Carsen

Does internet connection play a role in syncing faster? I don't really know as I see some people have synced already in less then a day and I'm still going so I'm just wondering if the internet does play a role in syncing faster?

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 01:47:08 AM

No it is still syncing my friend, now at 72% but I think it could have something to do with my internet connection as I have always had over 60 active nodes since starting so I don't think it has anything to do with that. Where I live in Australia they are still yet to roll out the NBN network which is the super fast network so I'm still waiting for this.

@Carsen

Does internet connection play a role in syncing faster? I don't really know as I see some people have synced already in less then a day and I'm still going so I'm just wondering if the internet does play a role in syncing faster?

Well it can somewhat, it does depend on a few factors, but generally syncing from a full resync does take a good long time, no matter how fast your connection is, about 24-48 hours at this point with almost 600k blocks. We are working on a better method for syncing and will be attempting to implement it at some point in our sync branch on the Github. We hope to update the syncing process to be more so around a few minutes than hours/days.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:17:18 AM

Is anyone else having issues with the new 2.0 wallet being extremely slow?  For me, it's slow to respond to clicks and constantly goes into "not responding" mode on Windows.
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 08:10:30 AM

Is anyone else having issues with the new 2.0 wallet being extremely slow?  For me, it's slow to respond to clicks and constantly goes into "not responding" mode on Windows.

For me it's working normal, just checked for CPU usage and it's stays at "0 CPU usage" but my wallet is already synced.
Don't know what CPU usage was at the moment of syncing.

ungvantuyen

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:34:19 AM

It took about 30 minutes to sync because this is my first time to install and sync Denarius wallet. Thanks for your detailed explanations on syncing process of Denarius wallet.
AngryWhiteWolf

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:37:05 AM

Finally manage to synchronize it on Linux, took around 24 hours. Working properly, no difference in speed compared to the previous wallet.
nagobinga

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:33:20 AM

Maybe this with amd rx470 / 480?
and already many people are mining valuable coins until prices soar are not in vain, because every worker of course get results. Smiley
vpixele

Activity: 356
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 11:34:17 AM

My wallet is very slowly synchronized. I have been watching this slow process for 4 days already. Can I download a blockade somewhere? Thx!

Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 225 »
  Print  

Jump to: