Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:24:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Denarius [D] - First "Tribus" PoW/PoS Hybrid Masternodes, Ring Sigs  (Read 504215 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:15:27 PM

In theory it works and perhaps performs a similar function of any coin. But this project is perhaps interesting in its own way. I think it is worth exploring in more detail.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HardBlockMiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:21:38 PM

In theory it works and perhaps performs a similar function of any coin. But this project is perhaps interesting in its own way. I think it is worth exploring in more detail.

It works and performs similar functions of several coins lumped all into one.  I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any single coin that has everything DNR has rolled into one package with new stuff added all the time!
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 11:26:37 PM

Its good to see a lot more reviews for mynoderocks and a lot of people in the DNR community recommending them as a MN service. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I'm very close to owning my own DNR MN and have now decided to use mynoderocks until I have enough DNR to own my own MN. Thanks everyone for sharing your mynoderocks opinions as it has been a great help.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
buzzkillb

Activity: 1021
Merit: 324

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:37:00 AM

Hey my conscience is clear now and yours can be too.  I will ride the hype greed train as long as people that are on the train with me know who's driving.   People can decide what they want about Carsen and if the project does great then his reputation will be restored in my book.   Now is his moment to shine.

I'm not sure why Carsen would need to restore his reputation...
If you ever want to talk with him he's really active in the DNR discord and he and the other devs have always helped me out with any issues or questions I've had.  
You should check it out some time.  You might even get rained on.
https://discord.gg/yBcGGkK

Yea, I do see what he is saying, I have been driving this train for the last 10 months (our first year anniversary is coming soon Cool ) and it has only improved (Started at v1.0, now v2.5 and v2.5.2 is in progress (almost done)), our community has really grown exponentially, and our community is just fantastic, Everyone tries to help everyone and we all want a common thing: A no frills crypto with good tech backing it and appealing qualities.

Anyone reading this should join our Discord, we are all very active (always someone online), and there is a lot of information about Denarius in our different channels. We do also have https://denariustalk.org

I am confused - what is the OP @mongmanh395 referring to?  @kingcarsen is nothing but a stand up dude!  He is always online and always sending updates, supporting the community and letting us in on future progress.  I think it is just a trolling account for posts personally.

I am not entirely sure either. I do think his comment would have been more relevant like 10 months ago when I first started Denarius, but at this point I feel I have more than proven myself plenty. He may have just missed the 190 pages, it is a lot to read, so I don't blame him lol.

I know I am proud of the progress we have made with Denarius and what we have accomplished thus far. I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way Tongue

You proved yourself about 2 months into DNR's life. Now with constant development I don't know how anyone could be negative on this one. Massive commits on github and a blockchain that shows those efforts.
kingcarsen (OP)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 369

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 04:18:18 AM

Checkout these cool terminal casts on how to download and compile Denarius QT or denariusd on Ubuntu 16.04+

https://twitter.com/carsenjk/status/991530956593905664

Denarius QT:

denariusd:
enkayz

Activity: 298
Merit: 100

hashbag.cc

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 06:50:08 AM

It works and performs similar functions of several coins lumped all into one.  I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any single coin that has everything DNR has rolled into one package with new stuff added all the time!

There are other coins that do things that Denarius does, but I haven't yet found one that does everything that Denarius does. Not only the wallet and blockchain functionality, but all of the additional tools we have provide for integration into many services. And we'll be continuing that increasing support with the upcoming Ledger, KeepKey, Trezor and CryptoCoinJS support plus the various eCommerce plugins which are in development as well e.g. CryptoWoo which will enable any WooCommerce-based shop (of which there are millions) to accept DNR directly or even have it auto-sold at current market rate to pay for the equivalent USD items.

All in all, I'd say the coin's well placed in the market, it's features stand out from the rest except in the fancy marketing department - but it's our philosophy that code and functionality comes first. We're a firm believer in word-of-mouth advertising and in the long run I think the project will be better for it, as we end up with believers using the coin instead of profit-chasers chasing a swing trade to get more BTC.

hashbag.cc - where do you put your hash? region based stratums available now: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2044808.new
8Pack

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:25:06 AM

Totally Agree with Enkayz on this one. DNR very rich in features and real world applications.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:46:25 PM

There are other coins that do things that Denarius does, but I haven't yet found one that does everything that Denarius does. Not only the wallet and blockchain functionality, but all of the additional tools we have provide for integration into many services. And we'll be continuing that increasing support with the upcoming Ledger, KeepKey, Trezor and CryptoCoinJS support plus the various eCommerce plugins which are in development as well e.g. CryptoWoo which will enable any WooCommerce-based shop (of which there are millions) to accept DNR directly or even have it auto-sold at current market rate to pay for the equivalent USD items.

All in all, I'd say the coin's well placed in the market, it's features stand out from the rest except in the fancy marketing department - but it's our philosophy that code and functionality comes first. We're a firm believer in word-of-mouth advertising and in the long run I think the project will be better for it, as we end up with believers using the coin instead of profit-chasers chasing a swing trade to get more BTC.

DNR is well positioned for the long haul. Having all of the necessary parameters in place or being worked on is vital for the long term success of any coin that wished to be adopted for daily monetary transactions.
vella85

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 11:55:14 PM

DNR is well positioned for the long haul. Having all of the necessary parameters in place or being worked on is vital for the long term success of any coin that wished to be adopted for daily monetary transactions.

I agree with what has been said by both of you and that is the reason why I'm in DNR for the long term and have been accumulating more DNR since I got in back in July last year. I can't believe we are coming up to the 1 year anniversary for DNR, time goes by so fast in crypto as it feels like DNR just launched not long ago. Like I have always been saying its only a matter of time before we see DNR in the top 100 coins where it truly belongs. DNR has more features and a lot more going for it then most of the coins in the top 100, so its just a matter of time now.

Has anyone tried to get DNR on CoinPayments? I read in another thread that the fee is a lot less now so it could be a good time to get DNR on there.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 12:19:44 AM

I agree with what has been said by both of you and that is the reason why I'm in DNR for the long term and have been accumulating more DNR since I got in back in July last year. I can't believe we are coming up to the 1 year anniversary for DNR, time goes by so fast in crypto as it feels like DNR just launched not long ago. Like I have always been saying its only a matter of time before we see DNR in the top 100 coins where it truly belongs. DNR has more features and a lot more going for it then most of the coins in the top 100, so its just a matter of time now.

Has anyone tried to get DNR on CoinPayments? I read in another thread that the fee is a lot less now so it could be a good time to get DNR on there.

They want $15,000 USD a month, total rip off in my opinion. We are just coding our own merchant plugins for DNR, we already have WP-Ecommerce available and I am working on a CryptoWoo Denarius payment plugin and WooCommerce payment plugin for Denarius.
giangtran205

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:06:22 PM

I'm looking at setting up some other region pools for hashbag.cc, so I'll add SEA to the list and I'll make a post in here if it eventuates.
At a glance, Singapore looks like a reasonable place for cryptocurrency operations and is reasonably central to the SEA region.
Sydney is another place that we could potentially host a pool, but I need to check that I'm not going to be stepping on any toes regarding the creation of cryptocurrency in the locations I'm looking at.
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 07:02:15 AM

Any news or date from Trezor or Ledger about implementation of DNR in their new updates anytime soon? Cool
kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 07:11:28 PM

Any news or date from Trezor or Ledger about implementation of DNR in their new updates anytime soon? Cool

Nothing yet, Still awaiting Ledger (btchip and Fred the VP of Engineering at Ledger) to finalize reviewing our pull request: https://github.com/LedgerHQ/blue-app-btc/pull/28

As far as Trezor, we are in their official SLIPs and trezor-common library now, still awaiting an update from slush or stick on when we will be in the default firmware.

https://github.com/trezor/trezor-common/blob/master/defs/coins/denarius.json
kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 04:13:04 AM

RT this tweet for a chance to win a copy of the Denarius Concise History book!

https://twitter.com/carsenjk/status/992586621089341440
vella85

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 10:58:34 PM

They want $15,000 USD a month, total rip off in my opinion. We are just coding our own merchant plugins for DNR, we already have WP-Ecommerce available and I am working on a CryptoWoo Denarius payment plugin and WooCommerce payment plugin for Denarius.

Oh wow $15k per month, that's way too much. I understand why you are coding DNR's own merchant plugins. Yes I saw that WP-Ecommerce is available and that is why I mentioned CoinPayments but if that is the price then forget it. I look forward to seeing this plugins in the near future and hopefully soon we'll see DNR on Ledger.

Boriss

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 07:10:40 AM

It would be more fair from their side  to charge some kind of percentage and not fixed amount because to cover 15k USD Monthly expenses you should have some big volumes spinning. Roll Eyes
kingcarsen (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 05:44:42 PM

It would be more fair from their side  to charge some kind of percentage and not fixed amount because to cover 15k USD Monthly expenses you should have some big volumes spinning. Roll Eyes

Yea it really gets under my skin, CoinPayments.net isn't the only company doing this now a days. A lot of these crypto related businesses are exploiting real developers in the space. ICOs raise funds now in the millions, then they go pay these companies to add their token, or scam coin, just because they have the money to pay them off, from their scam. I know for a fact it does not cost them $15,000 a month to add a coin daemon and attach it to their JSON RPC calls, you would basically be looking at strictly server cost if they are "hosting" the coin daemon, which should really be more like $10-50 a month at absolute max, these companies also then make money off fees, especially exchanges, so there is no reason to be charging developers, besides the sole factor of greed/exploitation.
Boriss

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 06:33:55 PM

Yea it really gets under my skin, CoinPayments.net isn't the only company doing this now a days. A lot of these crypto related businesses are exploiting real developers in the space. ICOs raise funds now in the millions, then they go pay these companies to add their token, or scam coin, just because they have the money to pay them off, from their scam. I know for a fact it does not cost them $15,000 a month to add a coin daemon and attach it to their JSON RPC calls, you would basically be looking at strictly server cost if they are "hosting" the coin daemon, which should really be more like $10-50 a month at absolute max, these companies also then make money off fees, especially exchanges, so there is no reason to be charging developers, besides the sole factor of greed/exploitation.

I agree, problem is that scammers usually manage to collect big sum of money more easily than real business and other smaller projects that are not in a front row seats under the lights 24/7.

vella85

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 11:31:44 PM

Yes I hate it as well, the biggest at exploiting developers are exchanges where they want outrageous fees for listing a coin. This is why so many great coins don't get on some of the biggest exchanges because of these fees. They make so much already from trading fees so I never understand why they need to be greedy and charge so much for a listing fee. Okay maybe it shouldn't be free for a listing but when its over 1 BTC and some at multiple Bitcoins, it becomes a joke. I think a flat fee of say $100 USD is enough or 0.01 BTC. This is where a new legit exchange can make a killing charging a low listing fee.

Boriss

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 06:05:08 AM

They will do this kind of stuff till the last moment they can , and that will be for a long long time because every days there are new coins emerging and many of them have huge financial backing that can afford this kind of stuff.

They are using this logic: "Why lower the prices when there are waiting customers in line for this current price?"

Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 »
  Print  

Jump to: