Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:05:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The king is already dead.  (Read 5038 times)
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:26:09 AM

Based on my understanding bitcoin initially gain popularity because of micro transaction low transaction fees and transaction time.Once after gaining trust and widely accepted currency its now using for huge fund transfer from one country to another so bitcoin is aot affordable by common and small investors and enthusiasts

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 10:00:59 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2017, 04:56:26 PM by deisik

Things may start to escalate dramatically

Not that they are not already, but we may likely have not yet seen the best part of the drama. Personally, I don't really think that there will be a split leading to a hard fork but if things do come to that after all, we will certainly see a merciless war with massive dumps of the other Bitcoin by both sides. So you may picture what the price would look like in these circumstances and to what insane levels volatility might spike in this case. Long term Bitcoin holders won't be happy, I'm not even speaking about merchants

Long term Bitcoin holders are used to insane levels of volatility, if anything it will shake out some of the weaker hands. Merchants don't care about volatility, as they usually instantly convert to Fiat. A merciless dump war is an interesting theory, but I assume people will flock to whatever chain solves the scaling problem most effectively. Scaling, that's the one issue that neither Bitcoin nor any of the alts seem to have solved yet. Not even Ethereum, from the looks of it. If you know of any cryptocurrency that has solved this problem I'd love to hear it. Serious question. I've lost track of the cointless coins and tokens and most of them seem to focus either on anonymity, smart contracts or buzzwords

Litecoin has recently adopted SegWit and Lightning Network

Whether these improvements will actually help to solve the scaling issues in practice remains to be seen though. Right now, Litecoin hasn't yet run into this problem, so it is hard to say how it will scale up in real life. Regarding merchants, they may in fact not care but payment processors via which they receive payments certainly do. As well as users paying with bitcoins, for that matter. What I mean to say is that the receiving party (i.e. merchants and payment services) will have to increase their safety margins to avoid being caught by a sudden surge in volatility. That means that buyers will have to pay more in dollar terms if they choose to pay with bitcoins

richardfisk

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:09:05 AM

Based on my understanding bitcoin initially gain popularity because of micro transaction low transaction fees and transaction time.Once after gaining trust and widely accepted currency its now using for huge fund transfer from one country to another so bitcoin is aot affordable by common and small investors and enthusiasts
Hope that people will soon bitcoin so that we will have more people enjoy using this cryptos. Bitcoin should be greater than now but it can not because of the high fee and slow transaction. We really need to activate the segwit and increase the blocksize from 1mb to 2mb. If bitcoin rise again, we will have a chance to collect cheap ethereum because people will abandon ethereum to join bitcoin

bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:11:14 PM

At this point, if the King dies, the others won't last long too. The ETH dump already started. I believe some solution will be found sooner or later.
bitcoin currency is now being use at high level and some of our bitcoin society user are calling it as a king of  all other currencies , well its also true that many currencies occurred and died because of less membrane but bitcoin is still unbeatable so we can say in case of bitcoin it will never die infect it will become more popular..
yes the kind is not gong to die. kind will remain for ever. in fact bitcoin is the main currency and people are trusting on bitcoin and therefore the community of bitcoin is increasing. i am sure that bitcoin will be the main currency of all the people of the world.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:20:34 PM

Well well,

I announced it before, but now its official: The king Bitcoin is death.

Who killed it? miners with their big fees day after day. its 7 dollars right now and gonna increase day after day.

Bitcoin is no longer suited for small transactions, speed stransactions. Peoples with small account are no longer welcome by Bitcoin miners.

Ethereum gonna be the new king for some months, but he is like bitcoin.
With increasing fees gonna be dead soon too.

When i said dead it means no longer number 1.

And then a third new king gonna came and stay there for maybe years, a king Altcoin with free transactions fees, very speed and secure transactions.

Maybe this king  is already there: IOTA .
With something innovative than the very slow and high fees blockchains system.

It is sure that IOTA gonna be the next king, and from there the real decentralised decade of Altcoins gonna start, with more projects more decentralised than IOTA to try to be the Futur King.

I'm not an IOTA, Bitcoin, Ethereum defender, i dont give a shit about them. my only concerns are a fair,secure, too much decentralised, with no fees coins to be the new model.

Yeah I am not in any side but I think that Bitcoin is already dead too, because of miners' fees, because of new coins that have potential, because of unsurpoting of some governments, Bitcoin is already dead or GOING TO die

That has been said many times and it is a something that has not happened, eventually the scheduled changes happen in one form or another, while the price remains upon  2.5 K means that people still have this as the first option.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: