Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:36:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: unwanted BIT.AC wallet  (Read 819 times)
Eildosa (OP)

Activity: 572
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:17:15 AM

hi. today i received a mail satin that my bit.ac wallet had been created. along with a password.

I never did that. is someone trying to use my Id. or are they (bit.ac) this aggressive in order to get new custommer?

thanks

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 07:24:06 AM

hi. today i received a mail satin that my bit.ac wallet had been created. along with a password.

I never did that. is someone trying to use my Id. or are they (bit.ac) this aggressive in order to get new custommer?

thanks

?Hi, I am a nigerian prince, I have for you 5 million usd in the form of gold in a secure storage vault I opened for you."

Do u think the above statement is aggressive marketing or a scam?

I recently received a scam email claiming to be from Blockchain.info too, but if you check the raw email , you will realised that it is formatted to look like the real one, all the links are not to the actual site.

Eildosa (OP)

Activity: 572

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:49:58 AM

they never said i had money in the wallet. plus all the links in the mail are legit. Pointing toward the real BIT.AC.

that is why it's weird.

well better safe than sorry. changing all my emails/markets password now.

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 08:01:04 AM

Same happened to me, spam attack from leaked email database. I've never even heard about Bit.Ac before.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Tweek

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 12:37:03 PM

thanks

?Hi, I am a nigerian prince, I have for you 5 million usd in the form of gold in a secure storage vault I opened for you."

Do u think the above statement is aggressive marketing or a scam?

I recently received a scam email claiming to be from Blockchain.info too, but if you check the raw email , you will realised that it is formatted to look like the real one, all the links are not to the actual site.
They also created an account for me, there are no links in the email and no money is promised to be present in the wallet. They also supply a plaintext password in the welcome mail so trying to phish me with a password they sent would be really weird.

This has all the looks of an overly aggressive marketing campain especially since the mail headers prove the mail to be from their actual mail server: "Received: from mail.bit.ac ([85.25.109.227]) by BAY004-MC2F48.hotmail.com over TLS secured channel with Microsoft SMTPSVC(7.5.7601.23143);"

slickmoon

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 12:46:51 PM

I also got an email from them about an account with a plaintext temporary password.
The email it was sent to hasn't been used for any Crypto related sites so I'm also confused. I'm putting it down as aggressive marketing and potentially an exit scam.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:02:04 PM

thanks

Why do they need customers that will never use their service. Maybe someone just made a mistake when completing this form. But it's probably a veiled reference to the virus. I advise you not to open such emails.
bitac

Activity: 80

BIT.AC STAFF

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 05:47:22 PM

Guys, first of all we apologize for the situation! After massive DDOS attack, some party has used a list of E-mail addresses to defraud our company! It took some time for us to understand the situation and to take an appropriate measures. Rest assured, there are NO REASONS for us to use 3rd party database to attract irrelevant users!

As of now, we have implemented recaptcha for account signup form and closely monitoring the situation.

Again, we apologize.

P.S.: I would ask you to use our primary Bitcointalk thread for a discussion.

Thanks!

BIT.AC Customer Service Representative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: