Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:37:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future?  (Read 13086 times)
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:04:40 AM

I had not thought about it much, but as soon as I saw your thread I looked up the stock price for Yahoo. It closed yesterday at $48 per share. I think that Yahoo, while you may have picked it for a different reason is a really good example about future Bitcoin. Most people talk about Yahoo in reference to a failed business, how Yahoo has a search engine started out at the same time as many others and is virtually gone.
Yahoo can’t be compared with bitcoins at least. Bitcoins are doing well in the crypto market and they definitely have great future. Nothing can make bitcoins disappear from the crypto world forever. Bitcoins are the rulers and hopefully they are going to maintain their position. We just need to support bitcoins for keep enjoying its amazing features.

xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:12:11 AM

I had not thought about it much, but as soon as I saw your thread I looked up the stock price for Yahoo. It closed yesterday at $48 per share. I think that Yahoo, while you may have picked it for a different reason is a really good example about future Bitcoin. Most people talk about Yahoo in reference to a failed business, how Yahoo has a search engine started out at the same time as many others and is virtually gone.
Yahoo can’t be compared with bitcoins at least. Bitcoins are doing well in the crypto market and they definitely have great future. Nothing can make bitcoins disappear from the crypto world forever. Bitcoins are the rulers and hopefully they are going to maintain their position. We just need to support bitcoins for keep enjoying its amazing features.

That is also possible if we people doesn't care much about bitcoin and investing on altcoins. Even don't try to move towards bitcoin cash also. If you have enough fund to invest please try to invest on blockchain based business. Altcoins won't give  anything to you.
Varyg

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:13:43 AM

Yahoo is an outlier in my opinion... I dont think bitcoin will follow
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:26:35 AM

That is also possible if we people doesn't care much about bitcoin and investing on altcoins. Even don't try to move towards bitcoin cash also. If you have enough fund to invest please try to invest on blockchain based business. Altcoins won't give  anything to you.
In one day, when the system of Bitcoin can't provide supply coin for the community user on the world's, it will be replace by any altcoin after it in this time, because just have 21,000,000 coin for supply for us, so need have a way fix this issue.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:19:28 PM

I'm wondering how you got that thinking on your mind, pretty interesting!

I posted this on #223 above:
The reason why Yahoo was picked is because its news came out at the time this thread was created.  The news reminded me about Yahoo and how it failed to maintain the leadership in its industry because of lacking of improvements and innovation.

That is also possible if we people doesn't care much about bitcoin and investing on altcoins. Even don't try to move towards bitcoin cash also. If you have enough fund to invest please try to invest on blockchain

In one day, when the system of Bitcoin can't provide supply coin for the community user on the world's, it will be replace by any altcoin after it in this time, because just have 21,000,000 coin for supply for us, so need have a way fix this issue.
I thought the fixed supply is a good thing?  It is deflationary and does not lose value like fiats.  In term of the BTC distribution verse the world population, it is not a problem at all.  Each bitcoin has 100,000,000 Satoshis.  21 millions bitcoins have 2,100,000,000,000,000 satoshis.  Even if we have 10 billions people in the near future, each person could have 210,000 satoshis.  

- To be or not to be, that is the question. -
doomloop

Activity: 2324
Merit: 582

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:32:50 PM

It could happen. I sometimes used yahoo but google just was better for so many reasons. The better product will always win. We're obviously really used to change here on bitcointalk so it wouldn't be a huge stretch to change cryptocurrencies at some point. I don't see it happening in the next 5 years though.

i am agree because the internet world is always changing and if yahoo not makes any innovation, then yahoo will be get decrease and google will be the lead. but i don't think that bitcoin is end up like yahoo because bitcoin now still be leader for other crypto currency but in future, if there is any of altcoin that have many benefit than bitcoin, then bitcoin could be ending up like yahoo. we don't know what the future will be and as long as bitcoin is leading the market, then i think altcoin is difficult to compete with bitcoin. but who knows?
Yep! Yahoo is facing hard times because of their own carelessness. They did not offer new things to their customers. In the world of technology, people are always waiting for new ideas and updates. On the other hand bitcoins are doing great. The team knows that they need to work constantly in order to keep their customers satisfied. There are no chances of bitcoins ending up like yahoo.

Cazkys

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:36:55 PM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

What do you think?  Please provide your reason(s) to support your view.

Bitcoin will not be the first and it will not be the last cryptocurrency the world will ever see. It is highly possible that Bitcoin will be replaced by something else. It can be a new and improved Bitcoin or it could be something entirely else. Sooner or later, a new crypto will come that is newer, better, upgraded, and more stable than the last. Innovations will be made. It will be more user-friendly and can be more adaptable. It will be more accepted and be more of value. But it cannot be denied that Bitcoin may not be the first digitized currency but it has laid the foundations of the modern cryptocurrency.
Glorious04

Activity: 392
Merit: 113

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:07:33 PM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

I wish it wont. If the community stop supporting bitcoin in the future may it will happen or if there will be more innovative discoveries of new coins that will surpass bitcoin.

WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:54:57 PM

Future holds so many things that are not certain for now. Bitcoin may stay on top for a long time but surely we all know someday something else may come on top.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:25:21 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 02:53:53 AM by ivrynx

I hope bitcoin will not end up like yahoo, as far as i can remember, yahoo was the search engine before, even though are a lot of competitions, but then as if people were looking for something else, yahoo, since it was already at the top, did not delivered what the people want, it remained as a search engine and an e-mail address, though there were some games, those games are considered lame, however new competition arises, though it also started as a search engine like yahoo, it brought innovations better features making it not only a dominant search engine but they made further innovations and not just focused on searching, that company is google. Now comparing bitcoin to yahoo, i see that bitcoin is far away from yahoo, bitcoin has a different set of game, bitcoin along with other cryptocurrencies has shaken up the digital and financial world, what i can see is that people will make further innovations for their bitcoin, i think there will be a time wherein all of us have microchips implanted or carried, and we just need to scan those chips in order to do transactions and also, making out bitcoins much secure, i think that could be a possibility in the future, but who knows what the future holds, what we do know for certain is bitcoin had already established itself as a dominant cryptocurrency for years.
Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:34:22 PM

No one knows. Yahoo is very popular back in the year of 2000. It is used by lots of people. Then Facebook and friendster came which has a better feature than yahoo that made its users transfer to facebook and friendster. And the same thing can happen in Bitcoin, if and only if, there'll be another cryptocurrency that will have a higher demand, larger community and higher market value. But as of now  let's just support Bitcoin and encourage more people to be a part of it.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:38:54 PM

Bitcoin will not be the first and it will not be the last cryptocurrency the world will ever see. It is highly possible that Bitcoin will be replaced by something else. It can be a new and improved Bitcoin or it could be something entirely else. Sooner or later, a new crypto will come that is newer, better, upgraded, and more stable than the last. Innovations will be made. It will be more user-friendly and can be more adaptable. It will be more accepted and be more of value. But it cannot be denied that Bitcoin may not be the first digitized currency but it has laid the foundations of the modern cryptocurrency.

This is what I am always saying that bitcoin will continue to innovate  to catch up with the demand.It may evolve into another coin or something else due to forking but still its the same cryptocurrency. As bitcoin popular, transaction speed become slower  due to network congestion,and confirmations takes some time. I know it is being addressed.

Open for Campaigns
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:55:55 PM

That time will tell but it is not impossible at all. Bitcoin can be replaced by another worthy crypto currency in future. But I don't see that coming anytime soon. Bitcoin will be available till 2023 for mining. So till that time, no other coin will have the power to overpower bitcoin in any way.

However, after 2023, it may be possible that ETH or any other crypto currency to take over bitcoin using its technical superiority. But they will still have to cross a long way. Specially bitcoin is backed up by public trust and a lot of people have invested a lot of money in to it. Till the positive energy around bitcoin will be high, no one can take down bitcoin. 

TheGodFather

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:00:01 PM

I think it is impossible to be like that. Bitcoin has a strong market demand and value. Many of us depends on  bitcoin now and we all want bitcoon so i think bitcoin we be good than yahoo and it will never be like that. As long as the people are depending on it. Bitcoin is bitcoin dont compare.
AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:02:30 AM

Future holds so many things that are not certain for now. Bitcoin may stay on top for a long time but surely we all know someday something else may come on top.
Something may replace Bitcoin when a disaster happens, we just don’t know yet. Bitcoin is one of the things out right now that will keep people spending other currencies without relying on the government currencies alone. If Bitcoin wasn’t around right now then there would be much less talks about people finding a safe haven investment on the news, people would be reading more news on Gold and other precious metals that they can invest in and they might look into investing their money on precious metal stocks that will think that can get them rich. Most won’t really know that they own nothing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
jimn

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:13:10 AM

We can't compare Bitcoin with yahoo or any other company online, there is a lot of differences. Mainly Bitcoin is the first and the most powerful crypto currency and having the bigger community trading it, so it is expected to continue its success for very long time.

████████████████
                           ████████████████████████
                    ████████                      ██████
                   █████                █████       ███████
               █████                 █████████            ███
            ████   █████   ██████████████████████           ████
           ████   █████████████████████████████████          ████
         ███      ███████████         █████████████████         ████
         ██       ███████████        ██████████     ████████████  ███
       ███        ████████████████████       ██       ██████████   ███
      ████      █████████       ██████       ████     ███████████   ██
     ████     ████    ██     ███     ██████████████████████████     ███
     ██       ████   ███     ████    ██████    ███    █████████      ███
   ███      ████     ████████████████████████  ███      ████████      ███
   ███   ███████████████     ███████████████████████   ███   ███      ███
  ████ █████████████   ██   ██████████████████ ███████████   ████     ████
  ████ ███████████     ███████████        ████████    ████   ████       ██
  ████ ███████████     █████ ████          ███████    █████  ████       ██
  ████   ██████████  ████████████          ████████████   ██████████    ██
  ████    █████   ██████   ██████          ████  █████    ███████████   ██
  ████     ████    █████   ███████       █████████████     ██████████ ████
   ███     ████    ██████████ ███████████████████  ███    ███████████ ████
   ███      ████   ██    ██████████████████  ██    ████████████████   ███
   ████     █████████    ████████████████████████ ██████    █████     ███
     ██     █████████      ██    ████████ ████████████     ████      ███
      ███   ████████████████████████████  ████     ███    ███       ██
      ████  ██████████████████████   ████████      ███ █████       ███
       ████ ███████████      ███      █████████████████████      ████
         ███████████████     ████    █████   ██████████████      ███
          ████         ███████████████        ██████████████   ████
           ████         ████████████████     ██████████████  ████
              █████         ███████████████████       ██  █████
               █████         █████████████              █████
                   ██████       ██████             ███████
                        ██████████████  ████████████
                            ██████████████████████
Gaze Coin

BLOCKCHAIN-VR/AR TOKEN 

=
  [Facebook][Twitter][Telegram]
[Reddit] [Steemit]
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:14:46 AM

No, I don't think that will be the case for bitcoin. My only reason? Bitcoin (network?) is not owned by a single or group of people (I mean, no one is actually controlling the bitcoin itself). It can be used by everyone, and its value depends on the level of its demand. Well, if you are going to ask if other cryptocurrencies will beat it, my answer is still NO. Bitcoin is the father of all cryptocurrencies, and it won't disappear even if other cryptocurrencies will be gone.
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:28:09 AM

Who can tell? as my perception telling me, it wouldn't happen that quick, there's a possibility,

however, Bitcoin value was raising like the Sun, and the brightness of Bitcoin are like noon time, that everyone notice.

There is no permanent things on this world, someday even Bitcoin will gonna replace with much greater cryptos.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
Manuj

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:42:52 AM

I am not sure about this but in terms of possibilities, yeah, it could happen. As in business and everyday existence, in the world of crypto, survival of the fittest is also the main thing. If in the end, it proves that there are much more problems rather than solutions, there are other options out there.
jackky

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:12:30 AM

surely no because bitcoin it's a internet coin ! Modern life increase -> social network increase -> internet benefit increase -> bitcoin increase !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: