Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:09:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future?  (Read 13085 times)
ninabobo

Activity: 463
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:56:18 PM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

What do you think?  Please provide your reason(s) to support your view.

yes it could happen like yahoo. but yahoo until now still exis and still a lot of devotees.
despite losing to google. I think it is a cycle that occurs in cyberspace, we will never know what will happen to the future.

PatronRH

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:04:52 PM

I think the two case are ewtremly different !
Since yahoo is an electronic enterprise which provides online service only, whereas bitcoin is a cryptocurruncy or a virtual currency but it could be spended in real life and buy whatever you want.
In the meantime yahoo has ended due to the bad managing, while bitcoin is managed very well.

.GlobeCas.The Turest Entertainment Journey
#Licensed  #Gambling #Experienced Team #All-in-One Platform #Live Streaming #Revulotion
[Website] | [Telegram] | [Whitepaper] | [Facebook] | [Youtube] | [Twitter] | [LinkedIn] | [Medium]
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:16:42 PM

We do not know the future as long as I know what will be the steps of bitcoins now will happen to her future. Because of the good bitcoins happening today I see that it has a positive future, The only problem is that the transaction fees are increasing with the rise of bitcoins. But I know it will be resolved in november where there will be a bit of improvement in bitcoins.

I might be wrong, but the potential "November" event you mentioned might be the Segwit2X which the Bitcoin Core team against because it would cause a hard fork.  To take care of the transaction scaling issue for good, Lightning Network (LN) or other type of improvement besides just to increase the block size needs to be implemented.  From my understanding, the recent Segwit implementation laid out the fundation needed for LN.  I am really looking forward to see its implementation.  If LN is lanuched successfully and does what people expected it to do, Bitcoin will serve what it supposed to serve as a currency and will gain its global acceptacy significantly.

- To be or not to be, that is the question. -
Cindy1983

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:35:35 PM

It'll never be cause at first Yahoo is not money, it's only a tool that you can use it to chat with everyone and of course you can't use it to buy anything or exchange it into cash. Beside, the number of country has legalized Bitcoin is increasing and my country will be in next 2 years when they can totally control all Bitcoin trasaction to avoid Bitcoin taken advantage of and maybe in next 5 or 10 years Bitcoin will be legalized in almost country all over the world so there are no reason that Bitcoin will die like Yahoo Smiley
CyNotes

Activity: 199

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:50:51 PM

Could happen with bitcoin, everything that could not possibly be possible in this world...
Possible but impossible if people are still using bitcoin in the near future. Before the bitcoin end, all people will improve their status in life and all people will become rich.

Yes I believe that bitcoin would end up like yahoo in the future that bitcoin will be known and will be used by many such as the yahoo and other websites that are so useful to people nowadays.
You're wrong! Bitcoin will live forever, one advantages of bitcoin is being decentralized or uncontrolled by anybody. Bitcoin will expand its popularity and price.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:56:03 PM

If Bitcoin can survive for at least the next 20 years and if its price (currently at $4190) can grow at an average of 32% per year, it would reach $1M in 2037.

But it's too good to be true ,right ?
So for now, if you have enough profit, you should take it since I'm personally can't sure that bitcoin will keep exist in the future.
While Yahoo is different platform , I think Yahoo shall take bitcoin as their transaction partner

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
Shikaina

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:09:16 PM

I've read somewhere in this forum a thread back 2016 that says about his predictions on bitcoin and he also added some of his predictions on other matters that came true. He predicted that bitcoin will disappear in few months from that time it was posted. Funny but now it happened exactly the opposite because it has not only doubled in price but i think it became stronger even after this rumors spreading distroying bitcoin.
Falgorn

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:55:53 PM

The search site on the Internet can not be compared with the crypto currency, and in particular, with bitcoin. In addition, it pushed rival Google, while cryptocurrency while rivals are not available. In addition, bitcoin does not stand still and is constantly developing. Its developers make efforts that it is technically not outdated and released from lacks.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:04:03 PM

The search site on the Internet can not be compared with the crypto currency, and in particular, with bitcoin. In addition, it pushed rival Google, while cryptocurrency while rivals are not available. In addition, bitcoin does not stand still and is constantly developing. Its developers make efforts that it is technically not outdated and released from lacks.

You love bitcoins and that is very nice, but technology is going forward with huge steps and I think that
we should be open minded. Yahoo and bitcoin can have same destiny, but what really happened with Yahoo?
They did not have good team behind probably, new team came and they did thing better then them, that is
why Yahoo is forgotten. With bitcoin will happen the same if developers stop to upgrade it and stop solving
bugs, if new better team comes they will outshine bitcoin, that is the law of the nature, stronger always wins
in the end.
   Bitcoin is strong now, but if bitcoin wish to be strong in the future developers need to outsmart others and
to apply changes and good upgrades when ever they find something that can be good for bitcoin.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
red4slash

Activity: 1302
Merit: 433

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:04:34 PM

If an internet search site is held by one person who has the highest share. And crypto currency (bitcoin) is held by many people and has a decentralized nature. It might happen if bitcoin is held by only a few people (maybe)
And I think that's enough to tell the difference. Fate will not be the same and I believe it

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Heni23

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:22:53 PM

if the future affairs are the affairs of the above and the man himself, can also bitcoin in the future like yahoo today, because if there is a competitor would be able to end it bitcoin but also back to each person who use bitcoin ...
Heni23

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:27:16 PM

if wearing a wedding gift is not because I am married to know his bitcoin as well, most in making my wife's birthday present, let my wife like bitcoin and equally plunge against bitcoin with me ..
JasonXIII

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:28:34 PM

We do not know the future as long as I know what will be the steps of bitcoins now will happen to her future. Because of the good bitcoins happening today I see that it has a positive future, The only problem is that the transaction fees are increasing with the rise of bitcoins. But I know it will be resolved in november where there will be a bit of improvement in bitcoins.

I might be wrong, but the potential "November" event you mentioned might be the Segwit2X which the Bitcoin Core team against because it would cause a hard fork.  To take care of the transaction scaling issue for good, Lightning Network (LN) or other type of improvement besides just to increase the block size needs to be implemented.  From my understanding, the recent Segwit implementation laid out the fundation needed for LN.  I am really looking forward to see its implementation.  If LN is lanuched successfully and does what people expected it to do, Bitcoin will serve what it supposed to serve as a currency and will gain its global acceptacy significantly.

pray tell LOL. Btc is a dinosaur. New cryptocurrencies will destroy it soon.
JasonXIII

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:33:17 PM

I've read somewhere in this forum a thread back 2016 that says about his predictions on bitcoin and he also added some of his predictions on other matters that came true. He predicted that bitcoin will disappear in few months from that time it was posted. Funny but now it happened exactly the opposite because it has not only doubled in price but i think it became stronger even after this rumors spreading distroying bitcoin.
really?  Huh Bitcoin fell from 90% of the market to 45% in few months. In less than one year, its marketcap will fall below the 10% mark
https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage
grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:34:34 PM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

What do you think?  Please provide your reason(s) to support your view.
That is very much possible and with Yahoo their leaders were to be blamed for their downfall, their refusal to buy Google for an initial $1 Million dollars and later $3 Billion shows that they were incompetent and they refused to sell to Microsoft for $40 Billion and later sold to Verizon for $4 Billion. There is always the possibility of another crypto coming up and seizing the throne from Bitcoin.

BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 11:37:08 PM

Everything is possible to happen and it all depends on the community especially the developer of Bitcoin.  It is also up to them if they will let the technology of Bitcoin become obsolete because of slow process and updates that is needed in the fast paced technology of the world.  All in all, it depends on the developer's action.  Community just react.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:42:25 PM

Everything is possible to happen and it all depends on the community especially the developer of Bitcoin.  It is also up to them if they will let the technology of Bitcoin become obsolete because of slow process and updates that is needed in the fast paced technology of the world.  All in all, it depends on the developer's action.  Community just react.
There is nothing there to stop bitcoin,we need the technical upgrades when ever we need and make sure we have them faster rather than dragging it for a long time and forces people to look elsewhere,other than that it wont happen in the case of bitcoin but that wont be same with the rest of the crypto currencies in the market,it may fade away in the future but bitcoin will stand.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:49:13 PM

Could happen with bitcoin, everything that could not possibly be possible in this world...
Possible but impossible if people are still using bitcoin in the near future. Before the bitcoin end, all people will improve their status in life and all people will become rich.

Yes I believe that bitcoin would end up like yahoo in the future that bitcoin will be known and will be used by many such as the yahoo and other websites that are so useful to people nowadays.
You're wrong! Bitcoin will live forever, one advantages of bitcoin is being decentralized or uncontrolled by anybody. Bitcoin will expand its popularity and price.
Yahoo meet its end because Google take all its audience and I dint think so that there is any possibility if ending bitcoin because there is no alternative of bitcoin people have faith in it and never let it go down and also there is no other coin in market who is competing to bitcoin, bitcoin is unique in its nature so invest in it no other will come to end it.
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:17:38 PM

I have never ever paid any attention to such fate tellers. Really, no one can tell the future and it is better to not open our mouths if we cannot utter something good out of it. If bitcoin was to die, then it would have happened within first 2 to 4 years. Bitcoin is an invention while yahoo is a site. Both have different factors. Yahoo gets hack often so people left it while bitcoin has all good features so its users increased.
InBTC4years

Activity: 58
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:43:11 PM

Yahoo meet its end because Google take all its audience and I dint think so that there is any possibility if ending bitcoin because there is no alternative of bitcoin people have faith in it and never let it go down and also there is no other coin in market who is competing to bitcoin, bitcoin is unique in its nature so invest in it no other will come to end it.

The whole coin market is tied to bitcoin in a way that I don't see going away anytime soon. There are so many powerful and rich fans of bitcoin from years ago, it is not going away.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: