Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:58:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future?  (Read 13085 times)
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:43:39 AM

It is possible. And we must prepare for such a scenario, although the chances are minimal. But my guess is that in case if Bitcoin goes down and another crypto-currency replaces it, it may be one of the Bitcoin clones (such as Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold) rather than one of these proper alts such as Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin and Monero.
may be no one can predict the future and may it will ends up like this but i think the super power of it is its decentralization and i think no one can beat bitcoin in this field or mean. may be something like happen to yahoo and nokia happen to it but may be it gonna be end up like more successful like alibaba and other successful companies. Yahoo is forgotten and disappears. Bitcoin is like that, more and more Altcoin appear, there are many improvements, more advantages.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:21:33 AM

It is possible. And we must prepare for such a scenario, although the chances are minimal. But my guess is that in case if Bitcoin goes down and another crypto-currency replaces it, it may be one of the Bitcoin clones (such as Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold) rather than one of these proper alts such as Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin and Monero.
Well I am not agree because bitcoin is decentralize no one knows who is going to operate it who bring this idea and who make it facilitate for the world I think these all are confidential and when something is not open publicly in market so hard to fail them yahoo is a different thing and bitcoin is different I think bitcoin is fully aware from market and I think bitcoin know how to survive.
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 10:24:09 AM

possible because we really don't know what really happen to bitcoin future years. let's just hope bitcoin will be there as always like we need it in the future years to come.

Almat

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:15:54 PM

It's certainly possible. The first isn't always the best. Bitcoin is far from a perfect cryptocurrency. It's not fully anonymous, fees are quite high, and confirmation times are slow. Once an altcoin ticks all these boxes, it will be ready to overtake Bitcoin. That doesn't mean Bitcoin will die though.
magnum cyber

Activity: 775
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:28:24 PM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

What do you think?  Please provide your reason(s) to support your view.

I think it can happen to Bitcoin, because before Bitcoin is also the first coin that is now extinct probably because there is no wearer and not circulating, so is Bitcoin because Bitcoin also has a limit of 21 million Bitcoin will run out, but If the circulation is still running then Bitcoin will not go extinct, so it all depends on Bitcoin circulation and transactions.

HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:34:05 PM

Both the fields that you are comparing are irrelevant.They both are entirely different from each other.Yahoo lost its first place because it failed to update itself as per the users requirements while google provided all the unique facilities and updated features as per the users needed.

But bitcoin has some unique features and it almost satisfies all basic requirements of people today.It helps transacting money instantly at very low fee.Also,it provides huge profits to its investors as a digital asset with its rapidly increasing price.No competitor is yet seen to compete with bitcoin.It clearly shows that bitcoin may continue as the king of crypto currencies.
chip211

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:39:44 PM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

This is possible because no one knows what's going on in the future, but I do not expect that to happen because bitcoin is the first altcoin I join.
iyan33

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:00:33 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin will continue to grow and have good potential in the future because with some facts that give me confidence about bitcoin development such as adoption and bitcoin legalization statement as official currency in their country, as well as increasing bitcoin users in the World so as to support bitcoin progress in the future.
cryptozeal!

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:03:40 PM

What a question. No. Bitcoin will not end up like Yahoo. We can say bitcoin will be a revolution of the world as we know it, in the same way that internet changed communication.
xandiel01

Activity: 161
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:05:12 PM

i think it's not because everyday more newbie like me which is more people are interested on doing it and having an extra income.
nuela

Activity: 145

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:12:00 PM

I do not believe in such an issue, because bitcoin is now growing all over the world and bitcoin can beat gold. old bitcoin how to deal with its fore.

mukeymon

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:24:05 PM

I agree . Bitcoin is risky and maybe it will disappear anytime but not now or 5 years away. I believe so
mukeymon

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:26:25 PM

I do not believe in such an issue, because bitcoin is now growing all over the world and bitcoin can beat gold. old bitcoin how to deal with its fore.

Are you sure 10 to 20 more years of bitcoin still exist. no one know  it lasts forever or not
MostHigh

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:31:32 PM

This is a very good question analogy and it tells us just like how yahoo fell out of the picture, same can happen to btc because there is competiton from up and coming currencies. ETH, LTC are good options but the system is still in it infancy stages where are altcoins are affected by btc pricing. Until that is no more it will be very difficult to impossible for any currency to overcome btc.
bitcub

Activity: 951

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 02:46:31 PM

The truth is, Bitcoin is not a perfect coin. There are hundreds of good altcoin than Bitcoin like DCR. But the thing is BTC is the first altcoin known by the world. I dont think Bitcoin would end up like Yahoo. Because Bitcoin is not own by any one but rather owned by the whole world.

lazaruseffect11

Activity: 161

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:50:44 PM

I think its possible to happen to bitcoin since it has only a limited resources. When the time comes that all bitcoin are mined, there will be new crypto currency that will rise and will beat what bitcoin did. There are many different things that may happen in the future. No one knows what will happen. All we have to do is to wait.
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:35:31 PM

When the time comes that all bitcoin are mined, there will be new crypto currency that will rise and will beat what bitcoin did. There are many different things that may happen in the future. No one knows what will happen. All we have to do is to wait.

That will be 100+ years wait - don't think anyone in this forum can live that long.  LOL!

- To be or not to be, that is the question. -
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:22:23 PM

I think its possible to happen to bitcoin since it has only a limited resources. When the time comes that all bitcoin are mined, there will be new crypto currency that will rise and will beat what bitcoin did. There are many different things that may happen in the future. No one knows what will happen. All we have to do is to wait.
That's right! No one knows the future and we also do not know Bitcoin still be good in the future or become a failure product. Of course, at least Bitcoin has succeeded in this decade, no asset can competes to Bitcoin about the growth. Even, Gold still can not against Bitcoin about the price and the volatility in the market.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:28:50 PM

The truth is, Bitcoin is not a perfect coin. There are hundreds of good altcoin than Bitcoin like DCR. But the thing is BTC is the first altcoin known by the world. I dont think Bitcoin would end up like Yahoo. Because Bitcoin is not own by any one but rather owned by the whole world.

This is the difference of Bitcoin among those things who are being owned by someone.Just like on Yahoo it is being owned by someone which they do really come to a point on where their era or popularity have fade already.Even on bitcoin isn't really excluded on that one since nothing on this world would really still remain into its place which means it can anytime be replaced by even more advanced and more developed but yet on my view Bitcoin has everything as of now.
Ben-carson

How you do anything is how you do everything..

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 07:44:57 PM

Ethereum shall beat bitcoin. This looks almost obvious. When the bitcoin hype is over, people shall want more than just a currency. And ethereum or possibly another alt in the Top 20 shall offer a real product.

But for sure no one knows, thats what makes life interesting.

Be good, do good, make better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: