Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:15:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future?  (Read 13086 times)
raymart0720

Activity: 322
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:39:51 PM

We can never tell what the future is in store for us, Right now bitcoin takes the lead but If there is going to be a new cryptocurrency that will be introduced in the future which is going to be better that bitcoin and will get the bigger support of the community then bitcoin will have the same fate as yahoo. As for now there is no other coins like bitcoin as the support that bitcoin gets from the people is way bigger than any other coins. there are businesses, entrepreneurs that accepts bitcoin rather than any other coin.
maybe yes maybe no.
yahoo is one of the best application program ever created same as bitcoin maybe if people stops using bitcoin / the bitcoin will replace by another crypto what google does maybe this will have the possibility to happen.. BUT I wish it will not... hehehehe bitcoin is a big help for me and I don't want it to be like yahoo after 10 more years
bitcoinmining

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:42:27 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2017, 06:53:13 AM by bitcoinmining

In my opinion ETH is the only threat for BTC, after the hard fork BTC created new altcoins like BCH and BCG; but ETH made itself more acceptable and trustable with the system upgrade, didn't create something new to be mine. I'm really sorry that I didn't trust Ethereum creators at the beginning of it, I had chance to buy 1000 ETHs; but I kicked away the ladder Sad
poletando

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

PlayGame.com

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:46:59 PM

maybe it could be, right now bitcoin is have a big value because there are many people who love bitcoin,and want to know more about bitcoin, but what happen if bitcoin is not popular like now? what happen if somebody created a new coin that will popular than bitcoin, and all people will leave bitcoin and change into that coin, its same with your illustration about yahoo and google

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:56:17 PM

Could be happened in future. It all depends upon how we people show our support and government take initiatives to promote. If we don't show our support then yes this will happen in future like happened with Yahoo.

MommyElsa

Activity: 387

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:56:44 PM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

What do you think?  Please provide your reason(s) to support your view.

Maybe, in the future some coins may coming with a different capabilities compare to BTC, more useful, not that expensive and with low transaction fees.

🥤🧊🥤🧊        ONLINE SOCIAL COMMUNICATION & DATING APK         🧊🥤🧊🥤
Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:03:29 PM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

We can never tell what will happen in the future, what tou are saying is actually a possibility that we can never take for granted. Bitcoin being the first and pioneer in its field having been beaten by some other cryptocurrency or any other form of online money or digital money. I think that we can never take the possibilities.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:07:30 PM

It seems like BTC has entered the mainstream: https://www.wsj.com/articles/cme-planning-bitcoin-futures-market-in-big-endorsement-of-digital-currency-1509459517

Once all the major institutional investors joined, it would be hard for Bitcoin to diminish.  Bitcoin has a great future ahead for at least the next 10 years.

- To be or not to be, that is the question. -
sajjadkhan

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

Crypto Evangelist

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:16:47 PM

That's a good question. Over diversification is a fundamental flaw that tech companies deal with when they are sitting on huge cash reserves. Yahoo dealt with this problem as they grew too big and diversified thru acquisitions which didn't make sense. They ended up losing too much value due to this and got sold eventually.

Bitcoin on the other hand isn't tied to this fundamental issue. It has intrinsic value of being the first digital bearer asset without any borders that is helping it grow. As institutional money enters into Bitcoin, the leverage is tremendous for the growth of the currency. It is ways out from being the fundamental currency of exchange as it continues to see exponential growth. There will be a time when bitcoin will top out and then stabilize but it is too early for that. Once that happens, Amazons of this world would accept this as a currency and Bitcoin would become the goto for financial transactions.

I only see a great future with this trend vs. a Yahoo kind of story. Just my two cents. Smiley

Living the dream
azhar700

Activity: 102

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:28:44 PM

that possibility could happen, but I think now no one can replace it, although according to the person "ETHEREUM" deserves to be his candidate. In my opinion, this year bitcoin just started and not the time to think about who his successor.
If you want to beat bitcoin, beat the bitcoin community first.

▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ E i d o o ▬ your blockchain asset experience ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ " Token Sale Raised 82,372.33 ETH " ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ TwitterFacebook  ▰ BountyDiscussion ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
SureLockLoans

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:29:38 PM

I think it's very plausible that we find a cryptocurrency in the future to replace it, something equivalent in the crypto field of google.

Gobeller

Activity: 156

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:30:11 PM

that possibility could happen, but I think now no one can replace it, although according to the person "ETHEREUM" deserves to be his candidate. In my opinion, this year bitcoin just started and not the time to think about who his successor.
If you want to beat bitcoin, beat the bitcoin community first.

Yahoo's mistake was much more different than bitcoin. Bitcoin has competitors and the dominating one is bitcoin for sure. For yahoo, they couldn't resist to Google and they lost the battle of engine. Don't mix them with each other please.
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:27:09 PM

Everything ends in this world, unfortunately. However, I believe Bitcoin will stay alive at least for a dozen of years and it will grow.
I can also suppose, BTC might make enormous changes in the global system of payments. And it will happen very soon.
allocatespetrified

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:28:38 PM

Bitcoin can't be stopped.  It's not a company, it's an asset,  so Verizon and Google and big companies can't stop it,  and if they tried to buy it all up,  they would go bankrupt as the price would keep increasing due to the whale buy order.
Mr. Thang

Activity: 110

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:32:48 PM

There is a possibility but no-one really knows unless a new cryptocurrency currently is rising. Similarly to Yahoo, they are both the pioneers of their respective state, but Yahoo lacked the intensity of users and constant updates which lead to its competitor superseding as the number one search engine. Talking about bitcoin, despite that a lot of competitors are increasing on the market and globe, it is still bitcoin who reigns as the number one cryptocurrency due to its high price. In my opinion, bitcoin will still reign even in the far future, assuming that countries still legalize the usage of it.

kriticko29

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:34:48 PM

I dont think so sir ! Bitcoin has a strong team behind it. Many forks have passed by and still bitcoin is still standing tall against other competitions. I do think that bitcoin will be used by some to create more crypto.
limek

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:27:25 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 04:14:37 PM by limek

i think it is likely to happen.

Especially, when Bitcoin lost its usefulness such as ease of transactions or widely accepted like ATM machines accessibility and security.
hashtag101

Activity: 419

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:17:09 PM

Bitcoin can't be stopped.  It's not a company, it's an asset,  so Verizon and Google and big companies can't stop it,  and if they tried to buy it all up,  they would go bankrupt as the price would keep increasing due to the whale buy order.
"Bankrupt"Huh For Verizon and Google? No, I think these companies have power and money enough to buy all Bitcoin as long as the Bitcoin holder want to sell Bitcoin or just wait more time and get more profits. These companies are two of richest companies in the world, there is no reason they don't have money to buy all Bitcoin while total market cap of Bitcoin still smaller than total market cap of a stock.
dali_masmoudi

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:33:46 AM

In the time of Yahoo, there was an abvious concurrent which can beat it. But here in our case there is no concurrence nowaday. The closet cryptocurrency is far about 6500 USD.
Also if it will disappear it will not disappear suddenly, we will notice a fall and then that is it.
popo0709

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:19:20 AM

it may happen.just like other phone companies like nokia and blackberry..that is why bitcoin is still risky.unless it would be backed up by all the governments and major banks..
Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:43:10 AM

indeed that is the competition in this digital world, those who are smart want to own and beat the already famous. I'm sure someday there will be a substitute for this bitcoin. before that happens, use bitcoin as well as possible for your future. especially now that bitcoin can not be supported by the government.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: