Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:49:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future?  (Read 13085 times)
wdnj

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:10:25 PM

I think so. Let say some happen in future, Bitcoin users has been growth rapipdly.
many transactions that creates every day, it could be a miner pool will be got many problem to speeding up process of confirm every transaction. addition default cost for each transaction charge more high. it is not impossible that this technology will decline and people will switch to another suitable finance system which can faster to processing and of course charge for cheaper cost.
Nothing can keeps its power forever, Bitcoin is also a currency normally, it can replaces by other currencies in someday if Bitcoin does not have power enough to supply all users.
Recently, I always use Ethereum for my transaction because the time to get confirmation through Ethereum faster than Bitcoin a lot, just 1-2 minutes.
Probably, Ethereum could be used more if the future as an alternative transaction or payment to replace bitcoin.
Some web wallets believe that Ethereum has the ability to process transactions such as bitcoins, with faster transaction processing. this certainly benefits the user Ethereum .
Well its hard to predict anything now, bitcoin is at the peak right now and the users are happy with it, its demand is increasing and the number of investors in the market is getting high, at the moment all are trying to get into bitcoin and are obsessed with it due the high profit it is offering. Talking about Ethereum then yes it can compete bitcoin and it will be a hard hit for bitcoin if its really good and quick but i don't think it will be able to replace bitcoin in that war
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:11:20 PM

There is a possibility that this will happen. All creations, in general, are not immutable. They can all be changed in time when it is no longer at par with times. Thus, in order to stay long in the league, one must be capable of adapting to change and be steadfast! Otherwise, when times change and one remained the same, people will no longer find your service sensible or efficient for that matter, rendering you obsolete in this day and age.
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:19:18 PM

It was quite scary two weekend ago when BCH was half the price of BTC and it had huge amount of transactions waiting to be processed in the mempool as BTC hashrate went down.

BTC's average transaction fee went up as high as $15 per transaction.  It was difficult to see that happened.  Would this happen again?

- To be or not to be, that is the question. -
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:01:43 AM

It is possible, perhaps in the near future not many will shake btc throne
But a few decade from now there might be one
Btc is to expensive now regarding its trx fee, and its processing time is too long compared to newly invented coins

di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:45:21 AM

I have no idea that yahoo would end up in the future, so the same with bitcoin that it also ends. But we dont know, we know anything is possible speciallt in this business world.

thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:49:09 AM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

What do you think?  Please provide your reason(s) to support your view.

I doubt. You can't buy-out all bitcoins in one go. That would be ridiculous. Bitcoins will have competition but the fact that no one owns bitcoins, this already invalidates the analogy. However, if the price or for some reason a competitor outshines bitcoins, then the possibility of it occuring to bitcoins is high. As of now, we cannot have any evidence that competition is rising since bitcoins are still king today.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
soudao

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:44:38 AM

Everything is possible. The development of human society will eliminate some backward or unsuitable things in the process of development. Therefore, it will not be eliminated or eliminated only by continuous improvement and development
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:53:50 AM

amake sense, anything possible tho, but i dont have any idea what kind of coin will be the lead and take over bitcoin, to take over bitcoin you need better alogarithm faster transaction time and cheaper fees
timcheerful1

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:59:55 AM

No I don't agree with your example since you've manipulated the exact situation for each case. How is the link between innovative bitcoin and yahoo thing?

Yes,you are right bitcoin can end like yahoo things
Miyaclint28

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:19:23 AM

According to my bitcoin will not experience the same thing happened at verizon and yahoo. bitcoin has very high exchange rate to the exchange rate is very high we will be able to see the progression of the bitcoin with very rapidly in the future . In addition the times will support the progress of the bitcoin, because bitcoin is a very useful means of payment and secure to Transact online.
dalek

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:34:34 AM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

What do you think?  Please provide your reason(s) to support your view.

I doubt. You can't buy-out all bitcoins in one go. That would be ridiculous. Bitcoins will have competition but the fact that no one owns bitcoins, this already invalidates the analogy. However, if the price or for some reason a competitor outshines bitcoins, then the possibility of it occuring to bitcoins is high. As of now, we cannot have any evidence that competition is rising since bitcoins are still king today.
The price is not prove the power of cryptocurrency.
In the cryptocurrency market, there are many potential altcoins, altcoins have good platform as Ripple, Digibyte, Monero, Ethereum ... but the price are below the clone coin or other cryptocurrencies as Litecoin, Dash, Bitcoin Cash ...

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
     ▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                    ████
   ██                     ███▀██
  ██                    ▄██▀   ██
 ██                    ▄██      ██
██▀                  ▄██▀      ▄███
██                  ▄██      ▄██▀██
██                 ██▀    ▄███▀  ██
██               ▄██▀   ▄██▀     ██
██▄             ▄██  ▄███▀      ▄██
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:42:20 AM

Things come around, life sometimes is at its highest and sometimes at its lowest. Well, in my opinion there are lots of possibilities, as of now bitcoin is a pioneer we can say that bitcoin ain't have competitors but when the time comes things will go around bitcoin might be on top or the competitors are on the lowest. This thing will happen in the work of the one who runs bitcoin. Well, it is a strategy to outstand your enemy, one fail move then it is your loss.
priyankg3

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:24:00 PM

i dont think so, it will be source of money, in partnership, developing etc.. i see the future
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:24:51 PM

Maybe if the fees getting higher and higher it should be useless currency

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:11:10 PM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

What do you think?  Please provide your reason(s) to support your view.
In every business theres always a competitions,even in the real world,in jobs or in technologies there were also competetors,anywhere at anytime there is competitions its up to you on how to make a strategy to make your business or job to survive,but in technologies we cant predict anything because what can make bitcoin much stronger today is its popularity..its believers,supporters,investors..we as a bitcoiners were responsible of bitcoins fuctuations of prices if we stop believing on bitcoins then most probably its will dump as early as we dont expected.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:06:29 AM

The real answer is we do not know. Some people are already switching to altcoins because of the transaction fees, it is really expensive. As your example Yahoo was defeated by Google, Nokia and Blackberry was defetead by Samsung and Apple. These giant companies  that crumbled because they did not innovate.

I really hope that Bitcoin stays on top but remember that there are other coins there that are for innovation.
expless

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:39:16 AM

At a certain time anything can become obsolete. This is called progress. So untill something else comes along that can do the things bitcoin can do faster and also more, then bitcoin will get surpassed. But before this happens decades might have passed. Nothing lasts forever, otherwise we would still be stuck living as cavemen.
No I don’t think so because yahoo is a service provider and bitcoin is an investment. Lots of people are investing in bitcoin and that’s why the price of bitcoin is increasing day by day and so is the market cap. It is developing with the passage of time. Therefore I think that there is no chance of ending bitcoin like yahoo in the future besides it is opposite of ending.
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:06:52 PM

At a certain time anything can become obsolete. This is called progress. So untill something else comes along that can do the things bitcoin can do faster and also more, then bitcoin will get surpassed. But before this happens decades might have passed. Nothing lasts forever, otherwise we would still be stuck living as cavemen.
No I don’t think so because yahoo is a service provider and bitcoin is an investment. Lots of people are investing in bitcoin and that’s why the price of bitcoin is increasing day by day and so is the market cap. It is developing with the passage of time. Therefore I think that there is no chance of ending bitcoin like yahoo in the future besides it is opposite of ending.
Hmm... I don't know Yahoo has stopped its services. I'm still using mail services from yahoo instead of gmail like others. And I also use yahoo services to know the weather in my place. Especially, Yahoo is one of good places to seach the knowledge about the life. There are many people replied a lot of questions and those questions are useful for me.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
sathvik112

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:16:39 PM

We got huge past records proving if invested 1$ in 2008 today it will be 5000$ + etc
In the same run the majority already proven, we had advanced best features than Yahoo so we always prefer to out the advanced where even yahoo is a non financial but dealing with bitcoin is a financial and advanced might come but as many believe old is gold I do say bitcoin is better as new coins or ETH may arise but bitcoins trend never fall or collapse.
Allura74

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:28:32 PM

Yes, i think you are right bitcoin fortune must not be compared to yahoo since in the first place they have different aspect. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and as long as there are people who hug it then it will not die, besides people around the world consider bitcoin as helpful in a financial manner.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: