Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:58:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future?  (Read 13086 times)
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:11:49 AM

There is indeed a probability if that happening sooner or later, look at how the recent abandoned fork drove investors towards bitcoin cash and most miners also stopped mining bitcoins and joined the bitcoin cash bandwagon as well. Everyone is seeking whatever will make them more money and it's a matter of time when a cryptocurrency which makes people more money will come and people will flock towards it.
Yes there's possibility that bitcoin will end like yahoo in the future, because theres no permanent in this world, everything will come and go others stay but not forever. So it means bitcoin will end but ot will stay in longer time .

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
appleyard

Activity: 359
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:34:18 AM

This is possible that maybe there are a group of people planning to build something that can drop or beat bitcoin in the future. Competition is everywhere and its natural to all kind of business and in daily living.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
candy69

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:53:11 AM

I don't think bitcoin would end up. I believe It will continue to be the main digital currency in the near future.
Kadal Ijo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:00:27 AM

I think comparing bitcoin with Yahoo is a different matter, we all know that Yahoo is very much a competitor, especially Google, Yahoo's mistake is not got a strong brand so it can be defeated by others, but bitcoin will always be strong due to support from many big companies.

mevmike

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 02:53:41 AM

it is not impossible for this scenario to happen.
anything can happen in cryptocurrency world.
it may not happen in the near future, but no one really knows an altcoin will surpass it someday.

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
JamesIV

Activity: 238

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:26:58 AM

Yes, Of course, Everything have to develop. Bitcoin has many disadvantages, so if it can't improve them, they will be replaced by another.

julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:37:43 AM

This is possible that maybe there are a group of people planning to build something that can drop or beat bitcoin in the future. Competition is everywhere and its natural to all kind of business and in daily living.

Yes, I agree! There will be someone who will have the capacity to create a new coin that could possibly beat bitcoin. Now that he/she has the idea or knowledge on how bitcoin works. That person could possibly create something like bitcoin but more improve and more impressive coin than bitcoin. On the other hand, I know that bitcoin will be more improve in the future so there's nothing to worry about. I still believe in bitcoin and I'm also open for a possibility of having a new and coin in the future aside from bitcoin and altcoin.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:07:25 AM

Yes, Of course, Everything have to develop. Bitcoin has many disadvantages, so if it can't improve them, they will be replaced by another.
I agree with you. There is a lot of disadvantages of bitcoin right now that doesn't make sense to use it for daily basis transactions like its fee that is too high to be pay which is not a wise or practical way to do transactions. If bitcoin will have that for a long time then people will just transfer to another coin which is a better coin than bitcoin.
felixando
Copper Member

Activity: 137
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 04:47:34 AM

Bitcoin will always be considered as store of value while ETH will be platform for dapps (decentralized applications).

What determines the value of Bitcoin?  I mean what justify for the high value?  I would like to see it to reach $xxx,xxx in the near future before I go to Heaven.

its just pure speculation, simply speculation, nothing else to it. (oh possibly HYPE + fear of missing out)

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 04:54:13 AM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

What do you think?  Please provide your reason(s) to support your view.

There is a possibility it would happen because bitcoin is the pioneer so there is a possbility that something would be able to take over its reign of being the king of cryptocurrency. There are some problems with bitcoin and if the other crypto would be able to solve that problem with bitcoin then maybe people would decide to shift their attention to that other cryptocurrency. Bitcoin devs are trying to solve the problem by having the fork but it seems they are not successful with it.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
mindfly09

Activity: 405

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:55:13 PM

It will not happen that bitcoin ending like yahoo in the future, because bitcoin is getting popular. We see today that bitcoin is popular in some country but to the people also, how much more in the coming days, its become well known. So it would not ending its impossible to happen. Because most of people convince and the number of people who invest is increasing. I think in the future its become an international currency around the world. Because bitcoin is very useful and gives extra income to the people.
dbutp

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:06:26 AM

bitcoin has many benefits, many people use it but bitcoin is digital money, it can not exist forever, i think it will end like yahoo. In the future bitcoin will die and there will be better cryptocurrens to replace it.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS      [ TowerX ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        MEDIUM        TWITTER        LINKEDIN        REDDIT        TELEGRAM
ModaFuka1994

Activity: 182

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:18:47 AM

I don't think so Smiley). Yahoo and BTC is totally different so it's really hard to compare between BTC and Yahoo. Yahoo is just a chat software and we can't make any deal or trade with Yahoo but BTC is not like that. For us BTC is likely a currency, we can use it to trade, pay for a lot of thing,...so it'll not end like Yahoo was. If in the future Bitcoin will be legalized worldwide I believe that Bitcoin will live forever. Cheesy

jsscswan

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:23:06 AM

Bitcoin will not end up like a yahoo that is now outdone with Google. The requirement is bitcoin should continue to improve features and services that already exist today.

_____________________A I T H E O N_____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██
lupinvn

Activity: 167

Vietnamese Translator - Bounty manager

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 04:26:41 AM

Everything would possible. I think bitcoin could end up like Yahoo after all. But maybe it can last longer than what its previous does. Anyway, I'm still think that time will be occur when the last block of bitcoin has mined (the time every unit of bitcoin has mined) because till that time, miner will think about changing their earning method to another way and lower mining power day by day till it die.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:37:40 AM

Everything would possible. I think bitcoin could end up like Yahoo after all. But maybe it can last longer than what its previous does. Anyway, I'm still think that time will be occur when the last block of bitcoin has mined (the time every unit of bitcoin has mined) because till that time, miner will think about changing their earning method to another way and lower mining power day by day till it die.
The miners can still earn and make profits if they will continue to support the network of bitcoin by confirming different kind of transaction in the blockchain technology of bitcoin because the miners are really necessary in the network in order to make the life of bitcoin still goes on. Bitcoin will not end up like yahoo because bitcoin is really on a great progress and i believed that it will continue.
Godric-Gryffindor

Activity: 319
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:42:52 AM

If Bitcoin developers cannot solve what the community is asking to be solved, same thing will happen,
Bitcoin developers must continue to adapt more to keep the demands.
As a community our role is to promote bitcoin and to carefully address some main problems regarding our transactions.
We all need some competitions to grow more but only if we adapt faster.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 05:04:44 AM

It would be a bold statement if we are calling Bitcoin immortal but sadly, Bitcoin will not be a dominant cryptocurrency all the time in next 100 years. There are some good alt-coins but their concept is different from the concept of Bitcoin, ETH supports smart contracts so I do see a dominance in A.I and I.O.T sector to automate the payment process whereas XRP is a Banker's Bitcoin where the company is looking to keep it stable for a long time. However, considering the current scenario, I don't see Bitcoin's death in at least 10 to 20 years from now.
andylioe78

Activity: 267

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:42:16 AM

It can happen with bitcoin, everything that can not be done in this world. We never know what will happen in the future, maybe Ethereum can be number one and go forward with bitcoin.
howtomine

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:45:31 AM

I think bitcoin can easily be replaced one day but until people get used to cryptocurrencies it's good for the time being.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: