Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:37:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future?  (Read 13085 times)
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:07:46 PM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

What do you think?  Please provide your reason(s) to support your view.

Anything is virtually and theoretically possible to what will happen in the future of bitcoin. The case of Yahoo however would least likely happen to bitcoin for me because its loyal people will not just sit around and let it drop to rock bottom. Bitcoin sometimes drops but eventually catches up to market .
omorfi

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:14:31 PM

I dont think so. Yahoo do not let others to earn. But bitcoin let us to gain. The demand for bitcoin will not stop unless there is some kind of security violation. It may need some updates in the future.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:16:43 PM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

Quite a remarkable point to note here; and with point historical facts. The Bitcoin growth has been quite sporadic and I for one have had the several thought of a coin that will be introduced to lighten the  strength/growth of Bitcoin. The other counterpart; the ethereum that should be growing in a corresponding rate is no where close to it. Just as the introduction of google to the market and somehow with new innovative ideas, they stole the market from yahoo, it is quite possible to have a coin that will outshine the bitcoins. We await this earnestly.
Turk Ace

Activity: 360
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 07:20:11 PM

I doubt it because Yahoo is not a currency it cannot be spent like bitcoin can. With my bitcoin I can buy things and it takes place if old methods of transaction like banking and paper money. Bitcoin also has a big capital and is better then PayPal now.
xGeraValerax

Activity: 490
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:10:45 PM

bitcoin will be kept afloat, along with other currencies, there will be simple competition
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:01:48 AM

Bitcoin is losing its dominance now at only 44.6%.  It seems like BCH is catching up.  Solving its scaling issue would help itself and the whole crypto market.

- To be or not to be, that is the question. -
daduremi

Activity: 252
Merit: 9

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:37:46 AM

For now bitcoin is a trend so it could be a bitcoin time will lose its prestige. Bitcoin will not be destroyed but it will surely be replaced by the sophistication of other virtual money.
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:33:32 PM

Bitcoin is losing its dominance now at only 44.6%.  It seems like BCH is catching up.  Solving its scaling issue would help itself and the whole crypto market.
I do no think so. Although Bitcoin Cash has 8MB for block size, but why do we not use other altcoins for our transaction? Then, exchange to Bitcoin again if we are transfering between exchangers? Ethereum, Ripple are the altcoins have high liquidity useful to transfer money instead of Bitcoin at current.
Sukut

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:52:49 PM

A great analogy. Let's hope not.
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:29:16 PM

Bitcoin only has about 36% dominance now.  We need Lightening Network! 

I do understand that it is a huge responsibility to lanuch LN on Bitcoin, which has over $200B in market cap, so the developers need to take time to make sure everything is OK.  One cannot make any error in the implementation - any errors would be disastrous!

After seeing Ripple's incredible price jump which surpressing Ethereum's market cap makes me to wonder if this would happen to Bitcoin (I am hoping not).

centauruspages

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:21:47 AM

Well it is really hard to compare the downfall of a currency to the downfall of a website, but it only really depends and the people who support and use bitcoins. If the majority of the people would support bitcoins then it would be able to sustain.
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:36:28 PM

Well it is really hard to compare the downfall of a currency to the downfall of a website, but it only really depends and the people who support and use bitcoins. If the majority of the people would support bitcoins then it would be able to sustain.

The market cap tells how much support each of the coins has.   At currently time, Bitcoin has only 1/3 of the total cryptos market cap.  That is sad because Bitcoin is one of the few most solid coins existing; it is for sure good for hodl for long term.

DewiKirana

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 12:07:02 AM

I can not guess whether bitcoin will end up like Yahoo being overthrown by Google's dominance, now the competition in the crypto world is very tight but still very far reaching the enormous bitcoin strength. If there are coins that offer the same thing as bitcoin and better yet, it is not impossible that bitcoin dominance can be overtaken by other coins.
tiger2monkey

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:55:12 AM

It is possible. Bitcoin is the first croptocurrency and blockchain ever invented and is the leader now. However, as a new technology, there are lots of things can be improved. New alternative coins keep introduced with new and enhanced features. Hope bitcoin can improve itself and keep the leader role.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hotel_Prodeo

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:34:28 AM

No any time and will end, what happens with Yahoo can certainly happen to Microsoft, Google, Paypal, Bitcoin and so on. We can not prevent change and must follow the trends that occur.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:22:33 AM

No any time and will end, what happens with Yahoo can certainly happen to Microsoft, Google, Paypal, Bitcoin and so on. We can not prevent change and must follow the trends that occur.

Sure it could end up like yahoo but one thing we ought to note is that yahoo had a few people owning it but bitcoin is not owned by anyone but all of us and so at any point in time be it fork or not someone out of nowhere might have the solution to develop it further to suite the modern trends of the times.
xiaohao111

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:38:22 AM

I think it is very likely, because everything in the future we don't know, what kind of things can happen, might come out a new currency to replace the currency may come out new technologies to be eliminated COINS
Geljames28

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:40:34 AM

Yes, we dont know what's gonna happen, but hopefully bitcoin will not end like yahoo because its very useful and helps people to transact money easily.
Rozcobs

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:53:27 AM

Yahoo I noticed before I made an email account until now because I trust them even to what had happened to them. I am using their free email than any other else. It means inspite of things happened to them even if it is in another owner, they are still standing there. I just give my trust in them, they still have something that I can't explain here. Same with bitcoin I think if something will happen to them somebody will carry back the name for its sake. It will not be banished completely. I think in the future it will stay there even if price will drop because it has changed many people's lives. So for me it will be there to stay existing no matter what happens.
raypinch

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:55:11 AM

I think yes maybe even worse scenario , I certainly don't like the way it is developing , so my prediction - will finish like yahoo in 6 months.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: